Toyota Levin Return

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I am so glad the series is returning, the design is attractive enough for me! Though the engine output doesn't sound that great for a 1.8litre.
Acceptable torque, this will be a next gen toyota kaki car to play with hehe.

But there are also some with and without the air scoop. Like this

ae101.jpg

From this angle is nice....:driver:

I am so glad the series is returning, the design is attractive enough for me! Though the engine output doesn't sound that great for a 1.8litre.
Acceptable torque, this will be a next gen toyota kaki car to play with hehe.

Too bad UMW will never risk bringing in a Manual Corolla....Other than cars like FT-86 which is meant for car enthusiast.

Corolla more of a family car :rofl: Damn!
Good cars never comes to Malaysia haih....:bawling:

Too bad UMW will never risk bringing in a Manual Corolla....Other than cars like FT-86 which is meant for car enthusiast.

Corolla more of a family car :rofl: Damn!
Good cars never comes to Malaysia haih....:bawling:

Mentality of most Malaysians nowadays is that manual is for old cars. Now a lot of young people even refuse to drive manual transmission. What to do.

It has been lots of debate on that, but nowadays there are tons of civic swap with B18 and K20 which is handicap for 20v. But let's put it as a B16 regardless A/B, it is generally known 4age always giving them a hard time :biggrin:.

But there are also some with and without the air scoop. Like this

ae101.jpg

images_toyota_corolla_levin_1991_1_b.jpg

Means there are also AE101 Trueno with 4A-GE and AE101 Levin with 4A-GZE? Technically both cars are the same except than the engine?

u r correct..

1st pic AE101 Trueno with 4A-GE

2nd pic AE101 Levin with 4A-GZE

Technically both cars are the same except bodypart n engine

:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Can mod your Toyota in future....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Bro. Dzul, your number plates also can flip up ah?....:driver::biggrin::biggrin:

hahaha.. no la.. i follow the rules.. more or less :wink:

It has been lots of debate on that, but nowadays there are tons of civic swap with B18 and K20 which is handicap for 20v. But let's put it as a B16 regardless A/B, it is generally known 4age always giving them a hard time :biggrin:.

I've heard that the recent conversion would be K24A on Civic. Powerful conversion. But isn't it Civic had advantage in terms of suspension as they are using double wishbone?

u r correct..

1st pic AE101 Trueno with 4A-GE

2nd pic AE101 Levin with 4A-GZE

Technically both cars are the same except bodypart n engine

:driver:

Alright, thanks for the info.

I've heard that the recent conversion would be K24A on Civic. Powerful conversion. But isn't it Civic had advantage in terms of suspension as they are using double wishbone?

K24! What a badass done up, even some FD2R are stroker up to that displacement. definitely out of 4age league already. Yup, on the chassis double wishbone is much better (wish also cost more on long run :D) compared to macpherson but i doubt on the typical owner would find the differences if it wasn't for track abuse.

woo...valvematic...that just the successor of vvti or dual vvti...from what i understand is that it will continuously adjust the intake valve lift according to your driving style...no more vvt kicked in feeling...but for what its worth...it is meant for eco driving,emission control all the tree hugger stuff...not for power...

Well from the explanation of it, the implementation is not mainly for power but it does slightly increase on the output. While the focus is on better fuel efficiency, yup for eco driving. And also by now expose to zr-series engine only.

woo...valvematic...that just the successor of vvti or dual vvti...from what i understand is that it will continuously adjust the intake valve lift according to your driving style...no more vvt kicked in feeling...but for what its worth...it is meant for eco driving,emission control all the tree hugger stuff...not for power...

Well from the explanation of it, the implementation is not mainly for power but it does slightly increase on the output. While the focus is on better fuel efficiency, yup for eco driving. And also by now expose to zr-series engine only.

It's for eco driving coz it's on 'F' coded engine.. Narrow angle, fuel efficient engine..

Hope they'll put d technology on 'G' coded engine.. Wide angle, powerful engine :wink:

Last edited:
nowdays they dont use "g" code anymore...

however on the other note...those valvematic engine 1zr-fae (i think) is powering lotus elise now...replacing the 2zz series before...1mm min - 11 mm max valve lift :adore:

It's for eco driving coz it's on 'F' coded engine.. Narrow angle, fuel efficient engine..

Hope they'll put d technology for 'G' coded engine.. Wide angle, powerful engine :wink:

You know i was looking for "G" engine from list of valvematic system LOL sadly none.

Modern Toyotas are getting more disappointment for car enthusiasts or Toyota Fans like us...Latest Celica GTS...it was a let down if compared with its elder brothers....2ZZGE is good but then not as good as 3SGTEs in ST205, and other ST series....

2JZ-GTE also discontinue and yet new Supra seems gonna be a Hybrid but with huge hp...

Modern Toyotas are getting more disappointment for car enthusiasts or Toyota Fans like us...Latest Celica GTS...it was a let down if compared with its elder brothers....2ZZGE is good but then not as good as 3SGTEs in ST205, and other ST series....

2JZ-GTE also discontinue and yet new Supra seems gonna be a Hybrid but with huge hp...

Still got powerful Toyota engines but you need to have a lot $$$. LFA and IS-F. But gone are the turbo days of Toyota.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom