Tire Price list Zth

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
T-1S already replaced with T-1R so most may not know of it.

What model of Michelin that cost RM8++ for 225/45R17? I know PS3 is in the RM6++ and PSS I don't think they have this size?
In the past when they had PS2 for 215/45R17 (my size) it was already in the RM7++ region where at that time most of GY, Yoko, Falken tyres that I was using were only at RM380. I know the PS2 are great tyres but if the others are 80 to 85% of the PS2 then at half the price they are still worth it, right?

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

That is because C-1S are comfort performance and F1 D5 are UHP category.....:driver:
Was that true? I bought PS3 of the same size for less than RM500 early this year. You typed wrongly uh?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was that true? I bought PS3 of the same size for less than RM500 early this year. You typed wrongly uh?
Correct, not typo. PS2 is superior to PS3. Somehow Michelin have manage to confused the customers by naming that tyre PS3 and some more did mention some where it is PS2 replacement, but many who are user of PS2 can swear that it is not. Later only found it was a replacement for the lower rank PP2 instead. PS2 in the meantime is replaced with PSS (Pilot Super Sports) PS2 sizes starts in 17" and PSS starts in 18". PP2 and PS3 have them in 15" sizes......

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
T-1S already replaced with T-1R so most may not know of it.

What model of Michelin that cost RM8++ for 225/45R17? I know PS3 is in the RM6++ and PSS I don't think they have this size?
In the past when they had PS2 for 215/45R17 (my size) it was already in the RM7++ region where at that time most of GY, Yoko, Falken tyres that I was using were only at RM380. I know the PS2 are great tyres but if the others are 80 to 85% of the PS2 then at half the price they are still worth it, right?

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

That is because C-1S are comfort performance and F1 D5 are UHP category.....:driver:
the quoted tires was michelin PS3. the taukey said michelin already increased their price twice this year. well, i find it abit :stupid:, thats why ended up with those toyo C1S.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So means actually PS3 is not so good after all? Cuz lower quality than PS2 and yet PPS only comes in 18"? hailat la...my
car how to put 18" :rofl:

But PS3 anyhow should dwell better than Michelin XM2 gua...cuz I still don't feel very secure with XM2. It got grip but feels like
somehow the car is kinda not so grippy at the rear... a very little bit tail happy at the rear...not sure la..have to really test it out.

But overall I would rate XM2 as Grippy enough to have a safe drive...not meant to whack corners like semi slicks anyway...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the quoted tires was michelin PS3. the taukey said michelin already increased their price twice this year. well, i find it abit :stupid:, thats why ended up with those toyo C1S.
Probably that shop do not have the PS3 so try to convince you to take other tyre. PS3, 215/45R17 size should be around RM550 and 225/45R17 around RM610. If RM800 he really profit and burst his bank account already.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

So means actually PS3 is not so good after all? Cuz lower quality than PS2 and yet PPS only comes in 18"? hailat la...my
car how to put 18" :rofl:

But PS3 anyhow should dwell better than Michelin XM2 gua...cuz I still don't feel very secure with XM2. It got grip but feels like
somehow the car is kinda not so grippy at the rear... a very little bit tail happy at the rear...not sure la..have to really test it out.

But overall I would rate XM2 as Grippy enough to have a safe drive...not meant to whack corners like semi slicks anyway...
Bro. SF, PS2 and PSS in Max performance category. Actually they do put PS3 there too. It's performance actually is not bad. Very good grip in dry and wet and so on, but down side is soft sidewall which is good for 15" and 16" users. But when come to cars with 18" and above they cannot take fast corner, where PS2 and PSS can, so that is the main difference.
XM2 is 2 rung lower, even after Michelin PLC, therefore it is more an entry level tyre.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Correct, not typo. PS2 is superior to PS3. Somehow Michelin have manage to confused the customers by naming that tyre PS3 and some more did mention some where it is PS2 replacement, but many who are user of PS2 can swear that it is not. Later only found it was a replacement for the lower rank PP2 instead. PS2 in the meantime is replaced with PSS (Pilot Super Sports) PS2 sizes starts in 17" and PSS starts in 18". PP2 and PS3 have them in 15" sizes......
Wow, now I know!
The naming of Pilot Sport 3 is a bit misleading making me thought that it is a replacement for PS2. Too bad there is no PS2 size for my car and I couldn't afford it too either. Since the Pilot Sport 3 price shot to the sky now, what comparable tyres I can choose with lower prices?
You are truly amazing with that vast knowledge.:adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Probably that shop do not have the PS3 so try to convince you to take other tyre. PS3, 215/45R17 size should be around RM550 and 225/45R17 around RM610. If RM800 he really profit and burst his bank account already.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Bro. SF, PS2 and PSS in Max performance category. Actually they do put PS3 there too. It's performance actually is not bad. Very good grip in dry and wet and so on, but down side is soft sidewall which is good for 15" and 16" users. But when come to cars with 18" and above they cannot take fast corner, where PS2 and PSS can, so that is the main difference.
XM2 is 2 rung lower, even after Michelin PLC, therefore it is more an entry level tyre.
Mine is 16" then I can use PS3 adi :biggrin:
Cuz cars heavy need stiffer sidewalls?

Benefit and disadvantages of Soft Sidewalls?

But ya like YYC mentioned, any tires that performed the same or as good as PS3 or PP2?

Wow, now I know!
The naming of Pilot Sport 3 is a bit misleading making me thought that it is a replacement for PS2. Too bad there is no PS2 size for my car and I couldn't afford it too either. Since the Pilot Sport 3 price shot to the sky now, what comparable tyres I can choose with lower prices?
That's why i vote him as moderator :rofl:

cfa

Jun 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
vr2turbo shares his knowledge and experience freely and without any hidden agenda. His advice is also very neutral and he never put anyone down. More members should visit and post in ZTH forum. At least in this Forum, most discussions are conducted in a civil manner without endless nonsensical arguments on issues unrelated to the topic at hand.

Back to the topic, alternatives to PS3 for smaller tyres are Goodyear GD5 and Hankook V12. That is my targeted tyre for next change. However, there are Directional Tyres which can get a bit noisy when worn out. Too bad Continental does not have a UHP Tyre, CC5 is entry level. Not sure where CP2 sits, some say it is Comfort Performance". However, CP2 traction is AA if i am not mistaken which is similar to other UHP tyres.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow, now I know!
TQ, TQ as mentioned to bro. SF just sharing.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

vr2turbo shares his knowledge and experience freely and without any hidden agenda. His advice is also very neutral and he never put anyone down. More members should visit and post in ZTH forum. At least in this Forum, most discussions are conducted in a civil manner without endless nonsensical arguments on issues unrelated to the topic at hand.

Back to the topic, alternatives to PS3 for smaller tyres are Goodyear GD5 and Hankook V12. That is my targeted tyre for next change. However, there are Directional Tyres which can get a bit noisy when worn out. Too bad Continental does not have a UHP Tyre, CC5 is entry level. Not sure where CP2 sits, some say it is Comfort Performance". However, CP2 traction is AA if i am not mistaken which is similar to other UHP tyres.
Bro. cfa is in AW forum with me also, and his knowledge on tyres also pretty good...:adore:
Yup, I agree that ZTH tyre forum have very good postings and discussion.

There are many brands of tyre in the market now, so for money for value tyres, depends on the size, application and priorities of the user. Cheap or expensive but for wrong application also no point. I say size because certain sizes comes cheaper with certain brands and some do not have that size.

As for CC5, the name already mentioned Comfort Contact 5, so more for comfort as in entry level.
CPC2 is premium contact so it is more toward mixture of comfort and performance and as you mention comfort performance in Mid range.
CSC is Sports contact so is the performance range.
Continaental do have other range. For Malaysia there is a MC5 Max Contact but this should be in between CPC and CSC. Overseas there is also Extreme Contact but comes in huge sizes only and of course for SUV there are the 4x4 contact and Cross Contact.

Continental factory is Jalan Tandang is actually the old Dunlop factory, then under Dunlop Malaysia Industries Bhd. Then Sime Sarby bought into it and later was called DMIB Bhd. Continental came into the picture buy buying into it and then called it Continental Sime Tyre and recently have bought over completely and now is called Continental Tyres Malaysia.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Mine is 16" then I can use PS3 adi :biggrin:
Cuz cars heavy need stiffer sidewalls?

Benefit and disadvantages of Soft Sidewalls?

But ya like YYC mentioned, any tires that performed the same or as good as PS3 or PP2?

That's why i vote him as moderator :rofl:
Basically a soft sidewall tyre give more comfort by absorbing the bumps, but will have more body roll and in hard corners will be wavy. In hard corners also the wear will also be on the outer shoulder pattern. Some mentioned pump in more air pressure, but when air pressure is high even though can help in corners it will become very bumpy on ride because the air pressure is high and the tyre does not flex anymore. It would be more comfy in a harder sidewall tyre with normal air pressure.
Of course again depends on your priorities. If daily use of course the soft sidewall will be better. I have members who does track days so they were used to harder sidewall tyres. Then fitted PS3, no doubt they perform well in daily use, wet or dry, but when comes to hard corners they did not like them.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Been a hobby learning and testing on tyres for many years. Knowledge learn from all the years in it.
Will gladly share if ask for it.......

Bro., 14" also many sizes woh!
Here.....
165/55R14
Kumho KU31 - RM165 Weng Tat Subang Jaya (Mar 12)
Kumho Ecsta spt- Rm 155 Extreme Wheels Ampang (july 12)
Yoko A Drive - RM160 Nam Khiang, A/Star (Jul 11)
Achilles ATR-K - RM150 Weng Heng Tayar, Shah Alam (Jul 12)

165/60R14
Goodyear NCT5 - RM210 S8 Auto Ara Damansara (Jan 12)

175/65R14
Continental CC5 - RM155 Hin Leong (Dec 11)
Michelin XM2 - RM175 Hin Leong (Dec 11)

185/60R14
Bridgestone Turanza AR10 - RM200 Rinting Tyre (Jul 11)
Bridgestone Turanza AR10 - RM165 Kota Masai (Jul 11)
Bridgestone Turanza AR10 - RM175 Hin Leong (Feb 12)
Continental Comfort Contact CC5 - MYR180/- Moh Seng Tyre Battery, Malim Jaya, Malacca. (May 12)
Dunlop J3 - RM160 Pekan Meru, Klang - (Sep 11)
Dunlop (forgot what model) - MYR170/-Moh Seng Tyre Battery, Malim Jaya, Malacca. (May 12)
Falken ZE322 - RM140 - Soon Jaya, Tmn Merdeka, Malacca (Made in Indonesia) May 12
Falken 322 - rm140, Jooi seng, Klang - (may 12)
Falken ZE912 - RM150 - Soon Jaya, Tmn Merdeka, Malacca (Made by Sumitomo, Thailand) May12
Goodyear Duraplus - RM160 Rinting Tyre (Jul 11)
Goodyear Duraplus - RM165 Pekan Meru, Klang (Sep 11)
Hankook V8 Blackbird - RM195 (Jul 11)
Michelin XM1 - RM175 Kota Masai (Jul 11)
Michelin XM2 - RM185 Hin Leong (Feb 12)
Michelin XM2 - RM200 Kim Heng SJ (Jan'12)
Michelin XM2 - RM168 Speed Line Rahman Putra (Jan 12)-balancing & alignment inclusive
Michelin XM2 - RM220 Beustone Tyre Subang Perdana (Jan 12) manufacturing date 4511
Pirelli P6 - RM165 Kota Masai (Jul 11)
Sime Astar A100 - MYR160/-Moh Seng Tyre Battery, Malim Jaya, Malacca. (May 12)
Yokohama C.Drive2 - RM153 Hin Leong (Feb 12)
Yokohama C.Drive2 - RM160 Jooi Seng, Klang (may 12)
Yokohama A.Drive - RM160 Rinting Tyre (Jul 11)
Yokohama A.Drive - RM147 Hin Leong (Feb 12)

185/65R14
Continental CC1-RM175 Corner Continental Shop at Jalan SP 4/2, Taman Subang Perdana (Aug 11)
Dunlop EC201 - RM 165 PJT Pusat Bandar Puchong (Aug 11)
Falken ZE912 - RM160 Butterwoth, Penang (Jul 11)
Michelin XM1 - RM190 Corner Continental Shop at Jalan SP 4/2, Taman Subang Perdana (Aug 11)
Michelin XM1 - RM 165 PJT Pusat Bandar Puchong (Aug 11)
Michelin XM2 - RM195 HupShun SS3 PJ (Nov 11)
Michelin XM2 - RM178 Speed Line Rahman Putra (Jan 12)-balancing & alignment inclusive
Michelin XM2 - RM240 Beustone Tyre Subang Perdana (Jan 12) manufacturing date 4511
Michelin XM2 - RM213 Pusat Servic Tayar BH, Lebuh Medan Ipoh, Ipoh (June 12)
Michelin XM2 - RM230 IGA Accessories & Tyres, Jalan Canning Estate, Ipoh Garden (June 12)
Yokohama A.Drive - RM175 - Corner Continental Shop at Jln SP 4/2, Tmn Subang Perdana (Aug 11)

185/70R14
Goodyear Duraplus - RM170 Jalan Meru, Klang (Jul 11) FOC Alignment n Balancing
Ya, will be changing my Kelisa Tyres soon and might look up for Myvi Rims if budget allows.
Can see the thread like getting thinner, but the 2nd hand car dealer told me is just kelisa tyres
the thread is a bit thinner. When I observe other Kelisa tyres on the road, looks like new tyres,
the depth of the thread is deeper leh..:hmmmm:

Was thinking to get 185/60/14 cuz no other better choice than the original size...most of the
14inch, the height of the tyre too thick...

But by observing how my gf drive last night, wonder if I should get 175/65/14 or 185/65/14?
Thicker wall would have better absorption for impact. If not later my new rims also bengkok...

Girls memang suka masuk pot holes mia and dunno how to slow down on
uneven roads :banghead:

Actually bro Vr2turbo, of all brands, Michelin will still be the best choice? I have always have
more confidence in Michelin, use to use PS2 last time until I changed to Falken ZE912 for
16inch another car. But recently used 16 inch XM2 maybe like you said, due to soft sidewall,
cornering also a bit wavy at the rear...I can feel it cant grip much like the car can skid off
if I were to increase my speed at certain corners. But I felt that Falken ZE912 seems have better
grip than Michelin XM2.

Another thing is that, you're right about my sidewalls wears off more than the center thread.
Use to do hard corners...Falken ZE912 at that time...even my previous SAGA BLM silverstone
tyres, the sidewalls all wear off a lot :rofl:

Tyres screeching all the time, skidded to be exact during hard corners...until 1 day wet road
accident :rofl: So, never gonna get that anymore..

As for Kelisa tyres, since Both of other cars also using XM2, might also use XM2, kelisa cant
possibly speed or corner too fast anyway...

May i have your humble advice bro Vr2turbo...since kelisa is not lowered, thicker tyres, should
look better i guess...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Firstly the ZE-912 are Falken Mid range tyres, therefore the grip in not bad. But recently, they downgraded some of the sizes from traction AA to A only and most felt they do not perform like before and many are change to other brands.
The lower and entry level models are the ZE-322 and ZE-326

As for Michelin brand, of course they are good. Listed as Premium brand mah! but it is the prices that matter for some (even me)
Say PS3 for example. A 195/55R15 size now cost around RM280 to 300. Similar size of other brands are at RM220. 215/45R17 cost RM530, GY Asy 2 at RM450 and GT Radial only at RM320. I am testing one set of GT Radial now and they are pretty good. If they perform 85% of the Asy 2 already good enough and so much cheaper.

Bro., the kelisa is a pretty powerful car. I drove my colleagues one before and with 165 size tyre actually not wide enough....but then you upgrade size is limited. If you want thicker as in higher sidewall, looks like you can only put in 165/60R14. 185/60R14 is too big, 175/65R14 is even bigger. But again 165/60R14 even less tyre choices....:banghead:
Also when the overall tyre diameter becomes too big you will lose power to drive the car

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Firstly the ZE-912 are Falken Mid range tyres, therefore the grip in not bad. But recently, they downgraded some of the sizes from traction AA to A only and most felt they do not perform like before and many are change to other brands.
The lower and entry level models are the ZE-322 and ZE-326

As for Michelin brand, of course they are good. Listed as Premium brand mah! but it is the prices that matter for some (even me)
Say PS3 for example. A 195/55R15 size now cost around RM280 to 300. Similar size of other brands are at RM220. 215/45R17 cost RM530, GY Asy 2 at RM450 and GT Radial only at RM320. I am testing one set of GT Radial now and they are pretty good. If they perform 85% of the Asy 2 already good enough and so much cheaper.

Bro., the kelisa is a pretty powerful car. I drove my colleagues one before and with 165 size tyre actually not wide enough....but then you upgrade size is limited. If you want thicker as in higher sidewall, looks like you can only put in 165/60R14. 185/60R14 is too big, 175/65R14 is even bigger. But again 165/60R14 even less tyre choices....:banghead:
Also when the overall tyre diameter becomes too big you will lose power to drive the car
Really limited choice for 165/60/14 and 165/55/14...why lar manufacturers never think of those poor people like me....:bawling:
Ya, I heard size of the tyres does matter...if too big or oversize, even if too small will affect the car performance/FC.

if got for 165/60/14 don't have Michelin XM2 or even other brands...only NCT...NCT not good if not wrong :frown:

Now i dunno which tyres to change :rofl: :banghead: Adui....!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Really limited choice for 165/60/14 and 165/55/14...why lar manufacturers never think of those poor people like me....:bawling:
Ya, I heard size of the tyres does matter...if too big or oversize, even if too small will affect the car performance/FC.

if got for 165/60/14 don't have Michelin XM2 or even other brands...only NCT...NCT not good if not wrong :frown:

Now i dunno which tyres to change :rofl: :banghead: Adui....!
Yup, those days had Michelin PP2 and Yoko AD-07 in your size. PS3 and AD-08 tak ada....:banghead:

But before buying ask around see got what other choices loh! Maybe more brands and models came out...:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, those days had Michelin PP2 and Yoko AD-07 in your size. PS3 and AD-08 tak ada....:banghead:

But before buying ask around see got what other choices loh! Maybe more brands and models came out...:hmmmm:
Ya, will look around Kepong and see..but Kepong Price not that cheap either. Will see how. Maybe check out KS Tyres.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, will look around Kepong and see..but Kepong Price not that cheap either. Will see how. Maybe check out KS Tyres.
Oh! you from Kepong. My ex colleague also from there. 3 days back he sms me to check tyre price for him. XM2 185/60R14 in Subang I check RM185, the shop in Kepong RM220 woh!...:banghead::banghead:
Maybe that shop out for a kill......:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

They say all good things must come to an end, and when it came down to the US F1 team, it was the rare case of the end coming before the beginning. There were drum rolls in anticipation of the raise of a American Formula One team, something that many were looking forward to. But as big of a bang they created when announcing their contention, the USF1 went out with nothing more than a whimper. There has been no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience