This Girl Needs Help

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
[font=Verdana,arial,helvetica]This girl needs your help!

[/font][font=Verdana,arial,helvetica]Foo Qin Wei, 2, is suffering from a rare disease called HLH. The likely cure is a bone marrow transplant. She has done 5 rounds of chemotherapy and is now warded at SJMC, waiting for the transplant which costs at least RM200,000. Please help!
Posted on 07.25pm Aug 19, 2004

[font=Verdana,arial,helvetica]by JEFF OOI
email: [email protected]

SUBANG JAYA, August 19:

[size=+1]Two-year-old Foo Qin Wei, needs your help.

She and her parents, Andy Foo and New Ai Ling, stay not too far from our neighbourhood, in Putera Heights.

Qin Wei is suffering from a rare disease called HLH. The likely cure is a bone marrow transplant.

For more information of HLH, please visit: http://www.histio.org/association/library/hlh-fhl.shtml

Qin Wei is now warded at Subang Jaya Medical centre (SJMC), waiting for a bone marrow transplant which costs RM200,000 excluding post procedures treatment.

CHEMOTHERAPY

Before this, Qin Wei was a healthy child just like any other kids.

She started with high fever and was hospitalized on July 1. The pediatrician found out she has liver and spleen enlargement and her platelets count dropped to very low level.

Sensing that it could be a whole list of diseases and the doctors perfomred various blood tests to find out the cause.

A week later, she showed improvement but only to get worse two days later.

She was later referred to Dr. Lin, a paediatric haematologist for further checks. Dr. Lin suggested both blood and bone marrow test. From the result, it was confirmed that Qin Wei is suffering from HLH.

Presently, HLH can only be treated with chemotherapy. If that fails, the last resort will be bone marrow transplant.

With the experts' advice, Qin Wei was put through 5 rounds of chemotherapy.

"We could see how much she suffered after each course of chemotherapy but we have no choice as that was the only treatment," said Andy.

"Her condition deteriorated last Sunday and she is now treated in the ICU (intensive care unit)," added Andy.

According to the parents, Dr. Lin has confirmed that Qin Wei's disease carries with it a high risk of mortality and the only way to save her life is with bone marrow transplant as soon as her condition becomes stable.

"Every day there is fear, we are reminded of the imminent mortality unless bone marrow transplant is carried out successfully," said Ai ling, the mother.

As the operation is estimated to cost RM200,000.00, excluding post procedures treatment, Andy and Ai Ling are reaching out to each and every one of you to help out, especially in giving them financial support to realise this operation.

USJ.com.my feels that, Whether it's in big or small amount, each donation will definitely help to save the life of a child.

For those who wish to help, you could forward your donation by cheque made payable to New Ai Ling o/b Foo Qin Wei

the Qin Wei donations account is maintained at Public Bank Berhad, Kepong Baru branch located at No.21 Jalan Ambong Kiri Dua, Kepong Baru, 52100 Kuala Lumpur.

You may expedite the process by making your donations via telegraphic transfer:

A/C Holder: New Ai Ling o/b Foo Qin Wei
A/C No: 4415976113
Swift Address: PBBEMYKLAXXX

The mailing address for the Foo family is as follows:

No. 49 Jalan Putra Bahagia 8/3N
Putra Heights
47650 Subang Jaya
Selangor

Contact Numbers:
Andy Foo; 60 19-339 0891
New Ai Ling; 60 16-222 7955
Hospital: 60 3 5634 1212 (Subang Jaya Medical Centre)

Meanwhile, e-communities at USJ.com.my and buysell.net.my have started to spread the news around.

Please do your part if you could.
[/font]

[/size][/font]

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
That's so sad man. :(
From today's newspaper, there's a 19 years old boy in Penang who scored 10A1 in SPM and got scholarship to study in Germany. But suddenly felt sick and went to a hospital. The result was he has blood cancer.

We should cherish ourselves while being healthy.

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
wow putra heights,near my home oni

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu-sifu,

As I know only waja, gen 2 and persona come with 4 engine mounting. So, may I know which is the best proton chassis to swap gsr turbo without any custom job just plug and play.

Thank you very much :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience