the process of selling a car

KoNa

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Visit site
hey guys,

i just got a buyer for my car. so as of rite now he is in the process of getting a loan and there shudnt b a prob in the loan part. but wats the next step? he said i need to take my car to puspakom to be checked again n also got to jpj n sign sum tukar milik thingy. can anyone help me out? thanx alot in advance.

Last edited:

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
as long as the bank pays you the money already then you can give the buyer your car + you'll need to do the tukar milik thing only

as for teh tukar milik process...can the form, filled in all nessary detail, and then get it sumpah(witness by gov people) can do at those 'dunno whwre' for rm30 only

then pass the form to jpj again..and then wait for 2 weeks or so...kau tim...

and then just pass the car register to teh new owner lo..

*(make sure you are paid before you give your car away

done..

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
KoNa said:
hey guys,

i just got a buyer for my car. so as of rite now he is in the process of getting a loan and there shudnt b a prob in the loan part. but wats the next step? he said i need to take my car to puspakom to be checked again n also got to jpj n sign sum tukar milik thingy. can anyone help me out? thanx alot in advance.
Puspakom is just to verify that the car is unaltered e.g. original engine, chassis and not some cut and paste body.

If the owner and buyer is not present in JPJ for transfer of ownership, a photo copy of your IC is needed AND the standard letter of authority. When you have this, go to the majistrate court in PJ New Town. They will verify and stamp it for FREE.
There's also the MV3 or was it MV4 form that the seller have to sign.
Oh... don't forget to draft a letter and get the buyer to sign, acknowledging that he's the new buyer and thus will take full responsibility for this vehicle from this day henceforth.

Safe driving!!!

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
If i just want to tukar milik let say to my friend, do i still need to send my car to puspakom before i change the car ownership. Or i just need to do the paperwork like filling up form and get the name in the registration card change. Let said the buyer is paying cash and not getting a loan.

stopid9

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
kl/pj
KoNa said:
hey guys,

wait for the loan to approved.. if approved ask bank for a ticket(faster lane at puspakom) for puspakom inspection.. after inspection, puspakom will issue a letter then you take the letter to the bank where your buyer obtain the loan..
later the bank will take your geran and ask you to fill the tukarmilik form (k3) and a sumpah letter.. let the bank's runner do the JPJ work(safer for you) all you need to do is go to those "persuruhanjaya mahkamah bla bla"to verify your ic and witness your signature...and pay him $8 and puspakom $35 or $45,can't remember...
let the bank do the rest,buyer pay for the runner's fee.. then wait for the bank to tukarmilik..after tukarmilik the bank have the pay you the balance after offset from pervious loan..(1 week if fully settled and 2 week the most if still under loan)
remember don't simply sign the k3 form...
hope it helps..(after i buy and sell my ninth car,kekekeee)

stopid9

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
kl/pj
soulseaker said:
If i just want to tukar milik let say to my friend, do i still need to send my car to puspakom before i change the car ownership. Or i just need to do the paperwork like filling up form and get the name in the registration card change. Let said the buyer is paying cash and not getting a loan.

it's depents on your fren,if your fren trust you that your car is not 'kereta potong' then no need puspakom inspection..
if he is paying you cash better ask him to buy you a banker's cheque then both of you go to JPJ ask them for the borang,complete the paperwork,after jpj have tranfer the name take the banker's cheque withdraw back the money then look for a new car lor.....
remember,see the banker's cheque and if possible go the the bank with your buyer cause he also need your full name and ic..
don't later you regret after you do all the tranfer (where your geran is no longer under your name) then your fren say that I DON'T ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY YOU AND WILL PAY YOU INSTALLMENT.... you really can die.
one more thing, if your car still loan you can't simply go JPJ and do the tranfer unless you settle everything,get the release letter from the bank then you are ready for tranfer..

hope it helps

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
Puspakom inspection is an 'Option'

most importantly, make sure you are paid with clean moneys before you handover you car.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have been doing an extensive researches on how air behaves in motion for my intake and exhaust design and came across Radial Momentum theory which basically says air that flow in conical shaped tube where the radius increases from inlet to outlet will have gradual pressure drop

this is in contrast with bernoulli's where when gas expands due to increased radius, pressure will increase. please take some time to read the link below, it really helps understanding how air works if u are...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience