alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
I watched The Island today at GSC.
And i gotta say it's good. Really.
It's by the director of Armageddon.
It's set in the year 2015 and it's about clones...
You'll see these clones discover the world and being hunt down.
Now being hunt down is the part to watch.
If you like action packed movies, you cant miss this.
The action will keep ur eyes glued to the screen.
Okay the story may not be that 'original' ...the action not as 'intense' as the first half an hour of War of the Worlds..
But it's still worth the Rm10 u pay for..

It's like Enemy of the State meets The Matrix.
Only thing is.. it's not as complicated as the matrix and more action packed than enemy.
Plus, there's lot's of beautiful cars to watch for..
There's the Cadillac Cien u see in the trailer.. the 300C Police car, the latest dodge charger wagon...and sum others.. 6 series..porsche..and the likes..
Because it's set not so distant in the future.. the world is not so 'unbelievable'..the cars dun fly and there's no robots walking around..

There's 2 car chase scenes to watch out for.. one tat includes a jet-ski like bike tat flies~!
There's a scene in the beginning tat show the dream the main character is having turns into the real world.. tat's really worth mentioning..watch for it..
But in my humble opinion, i think it has a tad bit too much of advertising.. Reebok(funny that some of the shoes are from Puma), Xbox.. all made sum cameo in it..

So you get to watch Obi-wan with a funny Scottish accent... (Evan McGreggor stars)
some really cool looking cars..
and a really hot chick..
For me, 4 stars..

Note: For the full effect, watch it with THX..

Last edited:

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Ewan McGregor IS scottish anyway. He was dissapointing in BlekHokDaun (bloody propaganda movie), but excellent in the other movies he plays. My favourite apart from his Star Wars role would be Mark (I think that was his name) in Trainspotting.

So, The Island is good eh? Ok, next up for me then! I ask the cinema to pasang THX.

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
the island has a nice concept.. the future with 'clone' issues :cool:

.. a typical michael bay pix.. trainspotting was mcgregor's breakthru film.. in black hawk down, he's not the main star, so the character is a bit crappy..

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
shit man.... wanna c it 2day... fully book pula.. wtf... crazy.. mayb all keluar gaji... damn jam kl..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Good movie, nice plot and excellent acting by Ewon McGregor. Worth your hard earned RM10 and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know of any workshop that:

a) has a load-bearing 4WD dyno that is properly calibrated
b) the operator actually knows how to use it i.e. speed, ramp.

Went to Speedworks JB and am looking for other options.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience