Taiwan crankshaft 94mm / 100mm

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
Anyone tried those taiwan crankshaft before? Is it reliable?

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
yea...would love to know if anyone tried using those for race applications...would it be reliable after a full engine balancing is done?

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
it's almost half the price of those top aftermarket cranks with knife edge counterweights

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
knife edge counterweights ? r u talking about billet one?
how about 4G64 crank ?

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
..the only regret i have is for those sellers who announced the crankshaft as stroker-kits appliances..where as the only thing in offer is the stroke-up aftermarket crankshaft..

i believe (sorry if i was wrong) a stroker kits should consist of those mentioned aftermarket/custom crankshaft, its con-rod along with pistons..only then suits to be known as stroker kits..and relatively contribute to its price-tag..

the price?? hurmm..the same reasons why plenty of sellers sellin the same i prefered to cite as "label X" products but differ greatly in terms of prices..
at the end..the final part is the freedom given to customers on makin up their own decision..

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
the taiwans are made from billet 4043 crankshaft just like those top aftermarket ones. they have both 94mm and 100mm cranks (= 4g64 crank).

we know those taiwan products are no quality but i just wanna know if anyone have tried those crankshaft and used it for racing applications. I prefer proof rather than assumptions.

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
..sorry.not from my knowledge if there is any of my frenz or even me on using it..

talking bout proof will directed the question back to the fundamental issues..the never-ending debate on genuine brand vis-a-vis China's/Taiwan's/copycat products (popular known as E-Bay products in international market)..

some may said i had used the XxX ayam brand turbo with maximum tortures and yet it still survived excellently..some may said it failed right after the front gate of the workshop..

others will emphasizing on the doubt have anyone tried this and that before and after..

so i'll reserved my next comment on ONLY proof provided on those cranks..TQ

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
yupe yupe.we need proof! still eying on that cheap taiwan/china made turbo.but theres not a lot of people using it.huhu

Cheah Boon Kae

From Facebook
Dec 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
Not all the china & taiwan made product are junk ...
Now even Tomei's 4g63 stroker kit & Eagle's conrod are made in china ...
Taiwan are producing some good quality Big Brake Kit too ...

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My opinoin, internal item should be used with safety and reliability. Its relate to evrything in the engine, you just imagine once it go wrong it will consume everything (depend on you luck). If you want to save, go for US brand it will be more cheaper compared to japan. Anyway, my favourite still JUN though it's damn expensive. Good luck

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
yes, i agree with Slowboy, better save money on other parts rather than engine internal.

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
research which i've done is that, even if u use mix and match internal parts (crank / rod /piston) you would still have problem if you dont go for full engine balancing, especially if u're using it for racing purposes. So wat triggers me is that what if we use those taiwan rods with aftermarket rods and pistons and go for full engine balancing, would it outputs big numbers during dyno? plus, could it withstand those regular wot usages since it's made frm 4043 billet.

anyway, most stroker cranks out there (tomei, manley, ams, buschur) are all using oem cranks for their 100mm (unless it's the knife edge type). got those infos from evolutionm.net by their respective dealers.

i don't really mind if it's made in china or taiwan as long as the material they use are from quality materials. Most stuffs are made there due to cheap labor cost and financially beneficial but materials are all imported, it's just made or assembled there.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently think of stroke up my evo 4 4g63 engine with 4g64 2.4L grandis block, but my mech ask me to hold on,wait for confirmation until people prove that the block can be use, my mech told me , he suspect that the starter position is different from 4g63,4g63 is at btm part of the block, but 4g64 starter position is near middle, if just put in the block will resulting in starter being block and heat up by the turbo.... any evo sifu had done this successful?i know evo 1-3 can but how about 4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience