surbo

skyline2m

Jul 20, 2006
have u ever heard of surbo?
i just want to ask someone out there about the fuel consumption after installing surbo
i install it before, and my car performance increase but the problem the fuel cosumption also increase
how about you guys?

fuel + air = power

power increase = fc increase...

i diy-ed surbo in my car.... i would say it offers smoother throttle response (if done installed properly).... wanna improve fc with it kinda impossible la..

try tune ur car AFR often....

ashween

Nov 20, 2003
i'm using surbo.....smoother and lighter throttle response

fc....4g15 stock....full tank 45litres x RM1.92 = 500km
highway driving....550km

mahathiramin

Nov 28, 2006
betul ke fc akan increase klu install surbo...sebab klu baca kat testimonial kat website surbo..sumernyer ckp fc less and pickup increase....next week i nak install surbo kat kancil 660ex standard....anyone..any advice..??

unknown1x

Sep 26, 2006
hmm.. i dont agree with the power of surbo.. the concept.. its not practical.. but.. no harm trying them tho. if surbo.. force more air in.. might as well tune your carb to eat more air or more petrol.. sama sama only.. about efi... how you force also.. end up it will auto tune to its pre-set a/f ration.. so... end up same thing..

gloss

May 23, 2005
SJ

bullsEYE

Nov 25, 2006
660 kancil stendet.. i don't think surbo can give u the power u need.. surbo need high suction air to be effect.. my fren use it.. n he's not satified wit the performance..

surbo??... diy lah....
i'm using diy surbo from casing fan blades.... overall, nothing felt... hahaha... wasted 5bucks for the fan... it is still working when i dismantle it from my pc....

jasonchan

Jun 1, 2004
OMG i still can;t belive there are stil suckers who belive in this SURBO crap after so many years....let me tell u wat...who want surbo can buy for me...i will go buy a can of coca cola and cut it into fan chape n put in your car...i charge u all half on what they charge u !!! :P

skyline2m

Jul 20, 2006
that time i bought my surbo is rm180
after installing it fc increase but the power just increase a little bit thats y remove it.my car is diesel turbo

mahathiramin

Nov 28, 2006
hmm...so selain dr surbo, ape lg produk yg bagus...utk increase power but less fc...anyone...i think i x jadik nak psg surbo lah kot...

bladez

Oct 16, 2006
lol.i can do the surbo and it cost rm1.50 only. increase power less fc? what i know is if u want power logically the fc must follows. unless u drive not more than 100kmj then u can use stuff such as air compressor or the magnet stuff etc. or u can try using lighten pulley. but its ok..for Surbo-ers at least there's something inside than nothing.

donCityZ

Feb 8, 2006
LOL.. surbo is just a piece of metal with fins... not moving.. if anything it just restrict air intake some more lah.. there was a guy in.. err some car forum (forgot) with nick RM1.. did DIY it from aluminium can to his toyota seg A101.. he says got feel something (dono psychological or not).. but definitely NOT save fuel..

Please understand this equation:

More Power = More Fuel
Save Fuel = No Power

But bear in mind, this piece of thing MIGHT give a result (more power) on carburated engine. since in carb engine the fuel coming in is not a sprayed mist (as in fuel injection system), the fins help to create some sort of turbulence vortex of wind which splits the fuel into more finer mists. i guess this is why a lot of people said it really works. but for EFI engine, dun bother. My opi only.

if like that, means the surbo must be placed after the air filter lor... coz if installed before air filter, all the swirling effect will be cancelled by the filter....

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
mahathiramin said:
hmm...so selain dr surbo, ape lg produk yg bagus...utk increase power but less fc...anyone...i think i x jadik nak psg surbo lah kot...
one tip: zth is an english only forum, please don't use other language.

anyway, swirl effect do make sense in air intake and had been implemented in some car (at least they advertised so, but not local), but not in the surbo's design.