Supercharged

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys I wanna ask, has anyone here supercharged their N/A engines?
Any myvi or other car who has supercharged? I just wanna ask a few questions about it.
How much was your supercharger, used or new?
Hard to install? Any negative effects on your engine?
What are the parts needed?

Thanks to those who can help answer these questions :)

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Have asked powerzone, they charge quite high for a custom kit.
I'm using a viva 1.0 so I'm wondering if it's possible.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
better do a custom turbo on ur engine..

supercharge is expensive..

if u just wanna Bolt On Turbo (BOT), make sure its a low boost setup..

if u wanna high boost, u need stronger internals.. eg piston, conrod, crankshaft..

Gudluck :burnout:

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Was looking into swapping for the k3vet but heard that supercharging may be cheaper and less hassle, so I'm researching my options :p

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Was looking into swapping for the k3vet but heard that supercharging may be cheaper and less hassle, so I'm researching my options :p
walaweh wanna k3-vet u'r viva meh, 1.3 summore turbo, can u'r viva handle the power, even MYVI
k3-ve N/A oso turtle woh. donno if other sifu agree wit u'r upgrade. anyway good luck:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
walaweh wanna k3-vet u'r viva meh, 1.3 summore turbo, can u'r viva handle the power, even MYVI
k3-ve N/A oso turtle woh. donno if other sifu agree wit u'r upgrade. anyway good luck:biggrin:
Agree, before you want to increase a lot of power make sure the chassis, suspension, and brakes are already prepared accordingly to handle the extra power! So do those first before upgrading for major power or else you'll end up with a dangerous machine.

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The chassis has been strengthened with full Ultra racing bars, planning to put in stiff rings soon. Suspension has been upgraded to Sachs performance absorber and stock springs, the brakes have been swapped to myvi 1.3 brakes. So I think should be able to handle haha

BOT is quite a lot more expensive and harder to maintain, need to forge pistons and replace camshaft to keep it running smoothly.
I have seen some viva use k3-vet due to the avy turbo not having that much power.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The chassis has been strengthened with full Ultra racing bars, planning to put in stiff rings soon. Suspension has been upgraded to Sachs performance absorber and stock springs, the brakes have been swapped to myvi 1.3 brakes. So I think should be able to handle haha

BOT is quite a lot more expensive and harder to maintain, need to forge pistons and replace camshaft to keep it running smoothly.
I have seen some viva use k3-vet due to the avy turbo not having that much power.
Still doubt your suspension especially since you're still using stock springs, and surely the brakes would not be enough, need to convert the rear to disc and use bigger discs as well.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
You need to use performance abs like HWL at least.. stock spring if soft.

Remember... more power equal to more money... we cant get more power with less money... what powerzone quote you is the right price :)

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
HAHA....typical dilemma... " I want more power faster, safer, more WOo but how to do it without paying so much ... "

I agree car modification can be done with low cost, low budget.. but is to the extend of "practical" & "safe" .. so often I tell people car modification is not just add hp or making it look lovely , but it more like art work than finite science...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Still doubt your suspension especially since you're still using stock springs, and surely the brakes would not be enough, need to convert the rear to disc and use bigger discs as well.
Yup, stock springs may not hold out. Brakes, if the Myvi ones are larger then the Viva should be ok, but will need better friction pads or upgrade to the 1.5 calipers, was told they are larger then the 1.3 ones...

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

HAHA....typical dilemma... " I want more power faster, safer, more WOo but how to do it without paying so much ... "

I agree car modification can be done with low cost, low budget.. but is to the extend of "practical" & "safe" .. so often I tell people car modification is not just add hp or making it look lovely , but it more like art work than finite science...
Make them go faster, must make sure make them stop fast too......:driver:

sanzo

Jun 17, 2008
Kuching,Sarawak
www.facebook.com
currently i m using a JRSC on my B16B. so far no problem at all. its a bolt on Eaton Blower type. not the centrifugal type. EB is better then centrifugal coz less modding. sounds a lil like an f1 engine when launch or when gas was stepped on. hehehe..

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

currently i m using a JRSC on my B16B. so far no problem at all. its a bolt on Eaton Blower type. not the centrifugal type. EB is better then centrifugal coz less modding. sounds a lil like an f1 engine when launch or when gas was stepped on. hehehe..

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

The Primary Objective is THE SAFETY FEATURE 1st. exp. Good rubber/tyre, good pads & disc brakes, strut,anti-roll,sway bars, seats-belts( i would go for 4-point ones), weight reduction (D.I.Y), engine coolness ( alu radiator, nice big radiator fans, good coolants, short temp thermostat( mayB 71'C or below), thermo sensors, etc. Once all that is been done,, then only plan on upgrading on the motor(engine). Always make sure safety is added on any car modding, who knows when an UNFORTUNATE events will come.. right? hehe..

Yup, stock springs may not hold out. Brakes, if the Myvi ones are larger then the Viva should be ok, but will need better friction pads or upgrade to the 1.5 calipers, was told they are larger then the 1.3 ones...

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Make them go faster, must make sure make them stop fast too......:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can somebody tell me the piston size for 4g91, 4g92 sohc, dohc,mivec, 4g93. Is it possible to rebore 4g91 block to fit in 4g93 piston? Any side effect or other parts need to change? Really appreciate u guys help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience