sunroof installation

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
has anyone installed sunroof for their persona??? half cut or brother's accessories sunroof ?? i checked out both also around the same price range of rm1500... i knw the brother's shop one is not favoured by almost evryone...

but nowadays to pass jpj even the half cut sunroofs are also drafted into our existing roof by cutting just the required bit of our car roof & welding the half cut roof into it....not like those days where they cut out at the pillar & welded the whole thingy onto our cars...

so since the brothers shop also employ similar method is it worth considering their sunroof...has anyone ever installed it & succesfully using it...(i knw its hard to find any1 using brothers sunroof...hehe)...

just need opinion...thankssss

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
brothers & eneos sunruf sucks, looks funny after installation, summore small.......
go for halfcut ones......toyota ones are slightly cheaper...2-3 step available.

ahlong

Known Member
Aug 18, 2008
Gombak - KL
1 of my gen2 members install sunroof to his love one..

look nice.. if want to install it, ask the shop to install not too front.. just cun cun abit ke belakang sikit.. baru look cun!

but the not best part is, if JPJ roadblock.. sure ask for inspection.. my fren sure kena if meet uncle JPJ on the road..

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
for wira/perdana example... we can opt for mitsubishi whole roof conversion....
where they'll "kopek" both ur car roof and the halfcut (with sunroof) "skin".... then they'll spot weld the sunroof "skin" onto ur car... as long as there's no cutting of chassis... then surely can pass JPJ inspection.... there's some procedure for u to apply for the inspection of sunroof... but after dat... u can show them (police/JPJ) dat ur sunroof is legal....

by doing the above method, at least its safer in the sense that lesser leaking prob compared to "kedai abang" method.....
as for the problem with authority... as long as its done properly... send it for inspection... then u no need to worry bout seeing them lo....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u need the kawalselia letter to get it endorsed though.....
it would be expensive if u convert wira - lancer/ perdana - eterna sunroof....cos u know la...laku ma...unless if u opt for other brands like toyota ones.....should be cheaper....

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
i see tht persona roof is like curved all the way...not flat at any point...so will the sunroof make it look weird ??? so far i didnt come across any persona with sunroof...i have seen pictures but i want to see a real one in person before i install ...hehe

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
watch them doing, just in case some fella doing short cut just cut pillar and join the potong kereta.......then u no need to sell already yr car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi i'm not sure about whether this fact is really an actual fact or is just a plain myth.

and i'm not sure whether a not i'm suppose to post this up over here or this is a repeated thread a not. because i try searching it and i can't seem to find any thread regarding this issue.

ok so here goes, some of the people say's that when you have just purchase a new car, you shouldn't have drive above 80km/h(or less) before the first service for the car so that the owner can preserve the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience