May 5, 2005
KL
Hehe mine's r34 gtr car killer.

zarique

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Penang
yup, true...
if can plug in rb26dett or better rb28 or even better rb30, then go ahead...
their mods can go higher and more reliable...
can hentam all the way on the highway...:driver:

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Want 2 kill the horsie and the bull izzit?
Wait , wait..... let me call the butcher for you....:idea:
JK JK...:vroam:

As for TS, you should type "scoot's rx7" in youtube and search...
Maybe you will find your answer there....:adore:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
mayb can consider 4 rotor for the rotary engine & put the Turbonetic the biggest turbine on it, 1500hp as american pro dragger...:proud:

Bump: mayb can consider 4 rotor for the rotary engine & put the Turbonetic the biggest turbine on it, 1500hp as american pro dragger...:proud:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
2JZ lah. Might even be able to import mounting kits from US. No need to custom this custom that and get problems.

IMO a much better price-power ratio. The 3L will also give you driveability. You're not going to keep your revs at 5000 all the time just to hang around those big boys at the highway right.

http://www.2jzswap.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2206

Last edited:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
IMO a 2JZ would be worse than a RB26, it will cause a heavier front overhang, potentially ruining the car's dynamics. Maybe there is a lighter more compact v6 we are over looking.

Sudut

Known Member
May 25, 2006
The current engine is 20b? 3 rotor Cosmos?

Dont ruin the legend, i think FD front cut is quite affordable, around 5k-6k. Do keep in mind that in the next few years the car would be as legendary as the R32, Datsun's Z etc etc, so keep it's originality.. :D

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Sure there are a lot of engine choices, but to me ultimately it boils down to a proper conversion.
A 2JZ with a proper R&D swap kit is always going to be less headache and more reliable (possibly cheaper, too) than a custom job with an RB26. If cost and hassle wasnt an issue for the poster, he wouldnt have to ask this question right. :biggrin:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Ah well. I maintain that the SR20DET is the best way to go. In a light ass car like the FD RX7 beating down any bull or prancing horse should be a walk in the park on track, if you have 350++BHP.

For drags... well that will take just a little bit more power.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
IMO a 2JZ would be worse than a RB26, it will cause a heavier front overhang, potentially ruining the car's dynamics. Maybe there is a lighter more compact v6 we are over looking.
i swapped from RB25 to 2jz. yeah it is correct that 2jz is much heavier than rb. but that is the use of ADJUSTABLE suspension. once u adjust the suspension damping rates, then it'll be ok. no prob.

and of course sr20 can be pushed to 500whp and more. but can it retain the same reliability as a ferrari or lambo? where u can just fire up the engine, go n become king of highway, and then go back home, leave the car as it is (no need to even check if engine oil leak or water kurang), and repeat the same thing week after week?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I didn't know you need 500whp to take down F430s in a straight line much less a Lambo.

Well gee, dude if you wanna talk about reliability how about taking your bull or horse for a service and then telling me how much that costs 3 times a year?

There are pros and cons but we are just suggesting personal opinions to the OP.

Personally an SR20DET around 350 would be nice. Once you get over that amount of power, its lag city but everything up till that point would be good. *shrug*

Sure you can use adjustable suspension to counter the weight but you can't change the fact the engine's weight would be closer if not over the front wheels, not to mention the additional stuff such as intercoolers and such. If rotaries weren't such trouble you'd still be better off with one. :S

Last edited:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Ah no worries for the RX7 there. The 2JZ still sits quite far behind in the engine bay with the mounting kit. And if he isnt tracking the car heavily anyway, I dont think it would make any significant difference to the handling for normal driving.

Here's a googled example:

The thing about those F and Lambo cars is the driveability. You dont have to rev it high or wait for the boost to kick in before going fast, or having that sudden surge of boost giving you worries about traction especially in corners.

Having that big revvy engine gives you a sense of limitless power across all rpm ranges, a feeling small cc turbo engines can never give you. The ability to pick up speed at almost any gear, and without the need to floor the throttle to gain speed is some magical feeling on the highways. (One reason why I hated my vtec for normal driving; you have to be flooring the damn thing all the time to be making any good speed). Putting in a Supra engine without an overly big turbine (400-500hp easily achievable) gives you a closer feeling to that.

Speaking from experience btw. :biggrin:

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there is any different between these 2 other than the Pcd ?

Any difference on rotor,caliper & pad size . etc ?

Thanks for any input
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience