:: Suggest/Recommend a used car for me ::

Lolo Rider

Jan 13, 2010
The West Coast
Hello forum,I'm a student who has been driving my mother's Honda Civic to college for the past year.1.6 VTEC quite hard on the pocket liao.:rofl:

So,my mother wants to get me an older car with lower cc to get to and from college.:biggrin:

Budget is around 6-7k cash
OR
25+ for loan

I want something with great fuel economy.I love the old Toyota Corollas because of their FR layout.I prefer older cars to newer ones.What do you all think will be an economical yet sporty car? :driver:

anthenna

Known Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hello forum,I'm a student who has been driving my mother's Honda Civic to college for the past year.1.6 VTEC quite hard on the pocket liao.:rofl:

So,my mother wants to get me an older car with lower cc to get to and from college.:biggrin:

OR
25+ for loan

I want something with great fuel economy.I love the old Toyota Corollas because of their FR layout.I prefer older cars to newer ones.What do you all think will be an economical yet sporty car? :driver:
Actually, there aren't really a car that economical yet sporty car in my vocab. I assumed your sporty are referred to performance-wise larh... Just control your right foot well and just accelerate when you need to, any 1600 cc car (2nd hand) will provide us around 300km/ full tank...

Errr... But i tink mira L2S is quite a good choice for you...

Lolo Rider

Jan 13, 2010
The West Coast
By sporty I meant the looks..Performance isn't that important...for now-lah :biggrin:
What do you think about the 1980s Toyota Corollas and the Nissan 130y?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
get an iswara, easy to maintain, easy to get parts and economical. nuthing beats dat

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu

OR
25+ for loan

Lancer MX convert with Mivec engine :)

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
I will never support you getting cars around 6-7k, usually cars around that price are already in crappy condition, trust me, I drove many old cars before, its hard to get something at that price without problems every half year. In addition, old cars spare parts are really hard to come by.

I would second xtremeleo recommendations becauseyou can just get a Saga or LMST at around 15k above. Cheaper if you are lucky. I really think its a kind of car that can suit your budget considering the FC.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Is it just me, or ZTH has become a 2nd hand car suggestion forum? Nobody seems to know how to buy cars on their own these days :hmmmm2:

The 130y has got to be the most boring looking thing in the world... why would you even consider it sporty? Haha :rofl:

I'd go with a kancil though, the FC is incredibly good~~

anthenna

Known Member
Jan 28, 2009
Is it just me, or ZTH has become a 2nd hand car suggestion forum? Nobody seems to know how to buy cars on their own these days :hmmmm2:

The 130y has got to be the most boring looking thing in the world... why would you even consider it sporty? Haha :rofl:

I'd go with a kancil though, the FC is incredibly good~~
Yea yea~~~ L2S L2S~~

Or I got something that provides very good FC. Go buy rempit kapzai lorh...
Rm5 I tink can last whole month. :nurse:

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
LittleWhiteWagon:
erm...not sure thou because i doesn't own a KE70...full tank will be around 400km...but it all depends on the engine condition,maintenance,gear ratio and the most important is your right foot...hehe

maintenance part will be easy because mostly of it work on mechanical part(less electronic thingy) means less hassle,any workshop can fix & repair it...spare part also easy to get at any spareparts shop since our local spare parts manufacturer still manufacture the parts...for exterior...it will be made in taiwan...

the 1.3L *chopstick* engine really build for last...its robust & reliable....just need to service it on time and check the water level time to time...u are ready to go~~~:biggrin:

btw,u wanna buy a KE70???:rofl:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Haha future plans blank, future plans... probably going to need a 2nd car if im going to mod my Nissan kao kao~~

After going to formula D got poisoned by drifitng, so thats why I got a sudden intrest in KE's. Better yet my friend brought me for a drive in his AE85 covert 86. I think its one of the most FUN cars ive sat in, not fast, but fun! Haha :driver:

Having a hard time choosing between a DX or an EG6... I love both, but ones FF, the other FR, one hatch the other saloon :biggrin:, so what you reckon?

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
LittleWhiteWagon:
oic...got injected by 'drifting' dose alrdy...keke~~~

aiseh,don't ask me to reckon...am bad on reckon section;..hehe...at the end...the choice is yours...the most important is you are happy with the choice u have make...:biggrin:

happy choosing~~:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SEG 1.6cc Stock. Would be economical yet quality wise would be better than a kancil that cost less than 10K and it would surely give u a lot of problems if u intend to have a 2nd hand car for a long period of time without much repairs dun get kancil...at least a toyota brand. SEG design is not that too out of fashion and is quite sporty as well if u think the no. plate is at the bottom of the bumper instead of on the bonnet which makes it like a sports car? Well, design is not bad since u dun really bother about the performance wise yet, just get a Stock 1.6 SEG with 4AFE engine. If u want performance and also FC, SEG 1.6 with 4AGE Black/Silvertop would be fine and fun :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

im using Recaro Type-R red color.. theres like black marks coz of using the seatbelt on the right side ofcourse, the driver side.. a little black stain/mark else where also.. how to clean huh these type-r seat material?

Thanx guys..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience