Strange Popping Noise from My Exhaust

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
yup, stock mid & rear muffler, i dont have any proper recording device, don't know my handphone can record the sound properly, besides, stock exhaust sound is boring yo lol

but i will try to record it & post it here:proud:
thanks!!:biggrin:

:driver::driver:

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
prolly if using mild steel extractor, i've been running hotbits SS extractor & stock mid & end muffler for 2 years now and still it sound like stock exhaust, stock muffler don't rely on fiber to muffle the noise, they use restriction, that's why they don't have any fiber inside
have you tried having some one constantly revving the engine all the way up to 7k rpm while u stand next to the stock muffler at the rear of the neo? usually the tin kosong sound will only come after 5k rpm and might be muffled if you're in the driving seat with doors closed but its quite apparent when ppl hear your drive past them.. and those restrictions are made with the stock headers and catcon in mind.. once they are gone and the engine is tuned/modded to perform harder, the stock restriction will not fully cope with the new exhaust load.. maybe your neo is quiet with that setup but i'm guessing you are the exception since ALL my neo friends that i know have at 1 point ran with just headers upgrade but in the end they either modded their mid or end section to eliminate the 'prangggg' exhaust note later.. :driver:

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
have you tried having some one constantly revving the engine all the way up to 7k rpm while u stand next to the stock muffler at the rear of the neo? usually the tin kosong sound will only come after 5k rpm and might be muffled if you're in the driving seat with doors closed but its quite apparent when ppl hear your drive past them.. and those restrictions are made with the stock headers and catcon in mind.. once they are gone and the engine is tuned/modded to perform harder, the stock restriction will not fully cope with the new exhaust load.. maybe your neo is quiet with that setup but i'm guessing you are the exception since ALL my neo friends that i know have at 1 point ran with just headers upgrade but in the end they either modded their mid or end section to eliminate the 'prangggg' exhaust note later.. :driver:
come to think of it, i never rev my engine clove to 7K rpm, not even pass 6K rpm, usually my rpm is around 3 or 4 K only, that is prolly the reason why i din't notice any differnt from stock header :smokin:

prince jr

Known Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro,campro engine is best when u r at 4k rpm to 6k rpm
so keep it between then u'll feel the power
my car also sound like your,that popping sound
but i kinda like it
hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how much is the twin pipe for kancil
whole set exhaust like Y shape

what is the recomended size? 2 ' too loud

planing to fix infuture of full convertion of l2s
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience