Story: Porsche 924 doing Donut in Dmansara Heights

simplyredeg6

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Damansara
Last nite I was driving home, near Jalan Beringin, Dmansara Hts, and approaching the corner to my hse....then all of a sudden a yello oldskool Porsche 924 at full speed approached the corner and without stoping just accelerated out of the corner. I knew this one sure gone case, sure hantam pokok one. Close enough, the 924 oversteered and then did 2 donuts before coming to a stop. I wanted to go and f*ck this guy upside down cos he almost caused an accident and could have hentam my z...but as I approached the car, there was this mat salleh small fry behind the wheel, I think he pissed and shit in his pants oredi....so I just drove pass. f*cking small fry dunno how to handle oldskool car!

Moral of the story.....if u want to drift on normal roads, buy a Spec R S15..not a f*cking oldskool grandma's 924. The car handles like a kancil.cheh :mad:

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
it is wrong to drift on any public road...it doesnt matter wat car u use...porsche 924 is a RWD..so no prob drifting...and is a great car..
just pls dont do it on public roads...

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
yes u are right about that it was a VW's EA831 2.0 L, straight-4 engine, previously used in the Audi 100 and VW LT van and producing 95 hp (71 kW) in North American trim. Euro models made 110 hp (82 kW). ..

but this was the car that brought back porsche from near bankruptcy....it was thier best selling car...they made loads of improvements to their car when the turbo version came out...

J. Pasha, writing in Excellence magazine, at the time, described the 924 as "the best handling Porsche in stock form".

it was porsches first time to put the engine in the front..as porsche were and are still famous for puttin the engine in the back...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
simplyredeg6 said:
Last nite I was driving home, near Jalan Beringin, Dmansara Hts, and approaching the corner to my hse....then all of a sudden a yello oldskool Porsche 924 at full speed approached the corner and without stoping just accelerated out of the corner. I knew this one sure gone case, sure hantam pokok one. Close enough, the 924 oversteered and then did 2 donuts before coming to a stop. I wanted to go and f*ck this guy upside down cos he almost caused an accident and could have hentam my z...but as I approached the car, there was this mat salleh small fry behind the wheel, I think he pissed and shit in his pants oredi....so I just drove pass. f*cking small fry dunno how to handle oldskool car!

Moral of the story.....if u want to drift on normal roads, buy a Spec R S15..not a f*cking oldskool grandma's 924. The car handles like a kancil.cheh :mad:
S15 also itz not permitted to drift on the road........

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Just because the kid lost control of the Porche doen't mean that it's a crap car and it can't drift...
You definately watched too many Jap drift videos, BTW have you driven a Porche 924 before ??? or a Kancil ??? or a S15 ??? and when was it alright to drift on the streets ??? Does owning a Spec R S15 make you a good drifter ???
Pissed off as you are, you should chill before you post things...

PEACE OUT...

simplyredeg6

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Damansara
Drifting a 924

Agreed agreed...cannot drift on normal roads...

924 is RWD, that I know but that doesnt mean all RWD can become drift machines....the 924 has high ground clearance and slides all over the place. I have successfully drifted an S15 b4 (short distance tho) and I think even my grandma knows how to control this car....so predictable and FUN!

944 turbo is a nice machine....but dunno if it handles better than the 924 since it has fat tyres, wider arches and a lower ground clearance besides the powerful engine.

simplyredeg6

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Damansara
Drifting gone wrong and my bad!

Aissey...didnt mean to upset anyone la..and btw, yes, I have driven a 924 (it was my uncle's 1979's Sebring lookalike in the States- LHD one), a kancil (660 - standard) and an s15 Spec R. Infact, I have driven a 911 (993), a 911 (996) Turbo and the Cayenne Turbo just in case u want to kno. I did my homework b4 I posted this la dude!

I agree la, having S15 Spec R doesnt mean u are good drifter....I was not being fair....my bad! too much Initial D i suppose.

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Back then it wasn't called drifting, it was called sideways...
Now with all it's hype the old Jap bombs are making a comeback...
Newer RWD Jap car's are considered superior over European makes...
Oh well, thr S15 is made to current specs and needs but back then the 924 was the ultimate sports car... How to compare ???
To each is it's own loh... Would still be nice to own an old Porche and yes the 944 is better only because it is an improved version of the 924, right ???

RokawaKaede

Nov 14, 2005
yeah..better play in gamestation o go to circuit...dun enanger others life..hv a nice day...adioz

RokawaKaede

Nov 14, 2005
yeah..better play in gamestation o go to circuit...dun endanger others life..hv a nice day...adioz

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Moral of the story ..

Never do some stupid stunts, no matter u use Kancil or an Enzo, action and show-off on public road, sure u will get natural disaster (overturn or crash) or man made disaster (somebody will struck u with steering lock).

There are special made circuits and tracks to show off where ure father grandfather horsepowers will be there .. he he ..

take as an advise .. respect others.

P/S: Seabiscuit, i suppose u need to fuck tat guy upside down for real!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ADL 2843 Black Putra

Happened in front of my house about 20-30 mins ago (around 12:30am).

Location Wangsa Maju section 2.

According to my neighbour, my brother's friend (Putra owner) was chatting with my brother at the car park area about his Putra with bonnet open (not sure engine got start or not)

Next thing my neighbour and my dad heard was my brother shouted " Don't !!! ".

The loud muffler Putra was in high rev and my brother immediately jumping into his car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience