Steering Wheel need approval from JPJ or .. whoever?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
Hello people! :cool:

Was wondering this for a long time.. Does changing your steering wheel requires you to get an approval or whatsoever from JPeeJ ?

Will they stop u or something or "saman" u if u change ur steering wheel? I see many people change their steering wheels before.. Mind helping me out here?

Most appreciated. :)

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
aku_sangap said:
i think, there's no need for that laa dude.....:D
Ohh we don't?? So it's not like er.. Illegal or somethin' ? This is cool sh*tttt..
Thanks for the fast reply bud. :)

Ohh by the way.. Anybody got any comments or tried the steering wheels at Brother's Kelana Jaya before?
Are they lousy quality steering wheels? Was lookin around there today..

Last edited:

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
:)

So.. Anybody got any comments or tried the steering wheels at Brother's Kelana Jaya before?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
blitzkid said:
:)

So.. Anybody got any comments or tried the steering wheels at Brother's Kelana Jaya before?

Sucks! I bought my first sports steering from Brothers... quality is crap. The PVC layer came out after 3 months and steering becomes sticky during hot weather. Crap! Buy originals or at least a quality knock-off somewhere else. Expect to spend at least RM 300.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
try to get used japan steering..u can find it or get it from ZTH members.....

about steering.....dunnot use too small......it is not passed......

tell u all one story......if u car is equiped with 10" sport steering....and ur car involved in accident......the insurance company will not accept ur claim n rejected coz ur steering is not approve..too small....tat y cause u accident.....

so when u accident....make sure u change back to original one.....so that u can claim insurance...remember this.......

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
huakenny said:
try to get used japan steering..u can find it or get it from ZTH members.....

about steering.....dunnot use too small......it is not passed......

tell u all one story......if u car is equiped with 10" sport steering....and ur car involved in accident......the insurance company will not accept ur claim n rejected coz ur steering is not approve..too small....tat y cause u accident.....

so when u accident....make sure u change back to original one.....so that u can claim insurance...remember this.......
Yo bro... serious ah... any experience on this ah!!!!!! wah like this also they can do ah

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
tell u guys what, my friend changed to momo.. one day he was stopped during a road block by jpj.. the jpj guy looking for his salah.. nothing.. so later got a sommun stating "kesalahan menukar sistem kendalian kenderaan" because of the momo. can u believe that? and his momo is 13" if not mistaken..

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
well the only reason I can think of it being illegal is if you car originally has an airbag.

tajulsans

I think there's a reason they have that rule ragerding sistem kendalian kenderaan. but they're just abusing it. when you change the steering wheel, you have to realign and all those things. And usually people don't get an official approval of that(I know, that's bureaucraccy for you and me). I think it's the same with the HID having to be allign when fitted, but that's official not practical(just think of the times you got blinded by the car coming towards you on the other side of the road)

but the JPJ being as it is, there's no way to tell for sure. So maybe I'm wrong about the approval, but they do want you to declare mods on your car(like that's going to happen). Especially if it involves alteration to the vehicles road handling capability

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
The conclusion is they want us to drive factory stock standard cars. If want modified car, have to buy ori EVO, GTR. Or else everything is illegal.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
when i change my steering wheel,my handling even better compared when i was using the oem steering wheel... :D

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
Wahh.. So that means if we change the steering wheel, we gotta do adjustments to some parts too? :confused:

Any suggestions where to buy steering wheels? Thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all and calling all turbo sifus alike for their advice,

on my previous car (a proton) i transplanted an evo 3 engine and modded it slightly more than 300hp, it was quite good and i was pleased with the per4mance. now at the moment (on another car, again still a proton) running on a 1.8 GSR turbo but suddenly feel like putting a 2.0 litre 4G63 powerplant back in again. i'm familiar with the evo engines la but i've heard some VERY VERY good reviews on the VR4 RS also. i've tested a few...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience