Start a new company...

ronaldlaw

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Kuala Lumpur/Singapore
Visit site
Hi bro here,
Actually i knew some one posted before this topic..but i cant get thru the link anymore..So,any one of ZTH member can help me...

What should i prepare for document to register a company?
Is there any requirement for sendirian berhad?
How many of director or parnetship need to submit?
Charges and legal fee...?

Thanks for your's..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
U need the following:

1. A company secretary - usually an auditing or accounting firm.

They normally charge RM 2k for registration and documentation. Some charge higher but they do everything from registration documentation to letter head and rubber stamps. All u need is to pay them, collect the docs and open a bank account.

Plus, u need to declare the company accounts and earnings yearly. If never declare, the Government will come after u.

If u don't want all this hassle, a normal sole-prop company will do. Cost from RM 60-80 for registration. Some agents do provide everything for RM 300. Try The Mall, 2nd Floor.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Go ROC (The Mall) and get all the forms.

Info
http://www.investpenang.gov.my/Investor1.2.php

1.2 Incorporating a Company in Malaysia
1.2 a) The Industrial Co-ordination Act 1975

In Malaysia, a business may be conducted:
- By an individual operating as a sole proprietor, or
- By two or more (but not more than 20) persons in partnership, or
- By a locally incorporated company or by a foreign company registered under the provisions of the Companies Act 1965.

All sole proprietorships and partnerships must be registered with the Registrar of Business under the Registration of Businesses Ordinance 1956. In the case of partnerships, partners are both jointly and severally liable for the debts and obligations of the partnership should its assets be insufficient. Formal partnership deeds may be drawn up governing the rights and obligations of each partner but this is not obligatory.

1.2 b) Company Structure

The Companies Act 1965 governs all companies in Malaysia. The Act stipulates that a person must register a company with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) in order to engage in any business activity. It provides for three types of companies:

- A company limited by shares where the personal liability of its members is limited to the par value of their shares and the number of shares taken or agreed to be taken by them.
- A company limited by guarantee where the members guarantee to meet liability up to an amount nominated in the Memorandum and Articles of Association in the event of the company being wound up.
- An unlimited company, where there is no limit to the member's liability.

1.2 c) Company Limited By Shares

The most common company structure in Malaysia is a company limited by shares. Such limited companies may be either private (Sendirian Berhad or Sdn Bhd) or public (Berhad or Bhd) companies.

A company having share capital may be incorporated as a private company if its Memorandum and Articles of Association:

- Restricts the right to transfer its shares.
- Limits the number of its members to 50, excluding employees and some former employees.
- Prohibits any invitation to the public to subscribe for its shares and debentures.
- Prohibits any invitation to the public to deposit money with the company.

A public company can be formed or, alternatively, a private company can be converted into a public company subject to Section 26 of the Companies Act 1965. Such a company can offer shares to the public provided:

- It has registered a prospectus with the Securities Commission.
- It has lodged a copy of the prospectus with the ROC on or before the date of its issue.

A public company can apply to have its shares quoted on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE) subject to compliance with the requirements laid down by the exchange. Any subsequent issue of securities (e.g. issue by way of rights or bonus, or issue arising from an acquisition, etc.) requires the approval of the Securities Commission.

1.2 d) Procedures for Incorporation

To incorporate a company, a person must apply to the ROC using Form 13A together with a payment of RM30 in order to determine if the proposed name of the intended company is available. If it is, the application will be approved and the proposed name reserved for the applicant for three months.

A person must then lodge the following documents with the ROC within the three months to secure the use of the proposed name:
- Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Declaration of Compliance (Form 6) .
- Statutory declaration by a person before appointment as a director, or by a promoter before incorporation of a company (Form 48A) .

The Memorandum of Association documents the company's name, the objects, the amount of its authorized capital (if any) proposed for registration and its division into shares of a fixed amount.

The Articles of Association describes the regulations governing the internal management of the affairs of the company and the conduct of its business.

Once the Certificate of Incorporation is issued, the subscribers to the Memorandum together with such other persons as may from time to time become members of the company shall be a body corporate, capable of exercising the functions of an incorporated company and of suing and being sued. It has a perpetual succession under common seal with power to hold land, but with such liability on the part of the members to contribute to its assets in the event of it being wound up, as provided for in the Companies Act.

1.2 e) Requirements of a Locally Incorporated Company

A company must maintain a registered office in Malaysia where all books and documents required under the provisions of the Act are kept. The name of the company shall appear in legible Romanized letters, together with the company number, on its seal and documents.

A company cannot deal with its own shares or hold shares in its holding company. Each equity share of a public company carries only one vote at a poll at any general meeting of the company. A private company may, however, provide for varying rights for its shareholders.

The secretary of a company must be a natural person of full age who has his principal or only place of residence in Malaysia. He must be a member of a prescribed body or is licensed by the Registrar of Companies, Malaysia. The company must also appoint an approved company auditor to be the company auditor in Malaysia.

In addition, the company shall have at least two directors who each has his principal or only place of residence within Malaysia. Directors of public companies or subsidiaries of public companies normally must not exceed 70 years of age. It is not incumbent that a company director also be a shareholder.

ronaldlaw

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Kuala Lumpur/Singapore
Visit site
acbc said:
U need the following:

1. A company secretary - usually an auditing or accounting firm.

They normally charge RM 2k for registration and documentation. Some charge higher but they do everything from registration documentation to letter head and rubber stamps. All u need is to pay them, collect the docs and open a bank account.

Plus, u need to declare the company accounts and earnings yearly. If never declare, the Government will come after u.

If u don't want all this hassle, a normal sole-prop company will do. Cost from RM 60-80 for registration. Some agents do provide everything for RM 300. Try The Mall, 2nd Floor.
Any recommend agents provide detail information with reasonable price?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
You can try ANC Business Management at 03-4044-8044. They are located on the 2nd Floor of The Mall (a shoplot).

I used their services for all my company needs (registration, renewal & documentation). Pretty good service too. Don't even need to travel all the way to The Mall. They kautim everything via phone or email.

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
bro, i had the same question on my mind until i stumble upon this thread.... sorry to hijack your tread bro, but... i'm looking for a place to register an entreprise kinda business... since its the cheapest... where can i do that ?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
AXXeLL - try ANC. U don't even need to visit them. Just call and SMS them 3 names for name search submission, they will get back to u the next day with results.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
go there sendiri register 60 bucks, many kutu will cum up to u ask u all kinda shitz for doin/registering for u, of course for a price if they do it for u...more aggresive then those kutu's in jpj offices :p

and always bring a black pen!!

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
ahahahh funny la you guys.... tell me how to do... but dont tell me where to do... where's the place to do la??

acbc bro,
any contect number man??

unker fred,
normally how much the runners charge le ?? friend told me around RM150 0_o!! including registeration...

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
SDN. BHD. ?? wow .. i have my own company but not afford to make SDN. BHD. mode. Not tat rich. Me just having private owned, something like Enterprise level only .. WestCoast Technology (001628956-V) .. Planning to get involve with ZTH soon and can help Tom abit ;)

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Just in case anyone interested to form a Sdn Bhd, can call Mr Wong (Setapak) @ 016-322 5939 or 03-4023 0830 (9am to 5pm), new formation (start from zero) for rm1,500 (no extra hidden charge), a shelf company costs more than that.

Sec fee (monthly) also below mkt rate.

I believe he is the cheapest for new formation of Sdn Bhd. Other services also charge at a more than reasonable rate.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
AXXeLL said:
ahahahh funny la you guys.... tell me how to do... but dont tell me where to do... where's the place to do la??

acbc bro,
any contect number man??

unker fred,
normally how much the runners charge le ?? friend told me around RM150 0_o!! including registeration...
U want to reg a sole-prop co or Sdn Bhd?