Speedometer sensor

Vtec72

Feb 11, 2007
Frens,
My speedometer is dead and the engine dianostic lamp is lighting up. The km distance meter also dead.My fren told me that may be the speedometer sensor goes bad. Anybody expirience this b4? How much the price of the new original sensor? Is it advisable to use the recon one? Please advice.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i got more or less the same problem with the threadstarter.

my Kancil speedometer jammed at 80 ++ km/h. but my trip meter works well. so far.

my temp meter also dead.

i went to one shop near my house and then they told me the thing that give speedmeter the reading of kmh, already loosen up. so, that nut cannot rotate another binding responsive nut, and that's why it jammed.

they told me the new one i have to pay few hundreds. or i can go to chop shops and find a used one which till now, i haven't go.

but used one should be cheaper i think.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Bro, my civic's speedo sensor was dead 4 months ago as well. Sometimes it jumps up and down although it is idle. :mad: Speedo dead, mileage meter stops.

stevenV6

1,000 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
izit the speedo sensor is located near gearbox????.....if u change another meter oso no use if u dun replace the speedo sensor..

civic9998

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
I have this xperience before sensor problem only but new sensor cost around rm200,i have got 1 spare sensor if u want sell u rm 50 la... n u can install ur self.

Vtec72

Feb 11, 2007
I have this xperience before sensor problem only but new sensor cost around rm200,i have got 1 spare sensor if u want sell u rm 50 la... n u can install ur self.
Thx laa bro .. i've already installed new one .. cost me RM200 . but ok laaa since Honda Original .... hope it can stand for another 10 years ... :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im trying to diy autolock for iswara but i only manage to make it unlock. Indeed i want it to be lock by pressing a switch but i cant do it. Anyone have try diy autolock before for iswara? need suggestion!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience