Speed Limit

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Why are cars equipped with the ability to go beyond 110km/h when the speed limit tops at 110km/h in Malaysia? Fine, maybe it’s for overtaking purposes but why don’t limit cars to 130km/h as an allowance for overtaking speed. Why fined us for speeding when even local car manufacturers allow us to do so. Some claimed of top speed of 170km/h with a 1200cc engine capacity. What’s the point? We are going to get summoned anyway.
Why don’t we all ride in golf buggies since the top speed for it rarely reaches 30km/h. Then hypocrites won’t campaign that speed kills. Put doors on buggies and go electric. Let motorcyclist ride on motorized bicycle. We might save mother earth from perishing.
Maybe the world will only function if money is spent. Companies produced and summons issued so that salary will be paid.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
u just got summoned ah bro? :hmmmm:
i myself not sure why do our authorities put 110km/h as the limit (highway)..why not 150km/h..
even most of recond cars that come into our country hv speed limiters at 180km/h..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Haha no la bro i got summon so many times that i dont remember.Two weeks back saw our ever hardworking polis pointing his camera at me.did not manage to say hello to him though.I'm just venting my frustration n maybe some members here got an answer to why don't limit cars speed limit since most car r driven daily n those who want to go to the track can modify the speed limiter.i for one cannot control my right foot unless i'm in kampung where i'm afraid some kids or makcik suddenly jump out.:hmmmm:

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
Its been bugering me for quite sumtime bro...i had ur question in my head years ago...Y AH?.. ANY ANSWERS OUT THERE?:itsme:

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
answer no.1...it would costs car manufacturer to make different setting to ECU and waste more costing

answer no.2...government let you go beyond 110kmh to earn more money from your summon

solution, take bus :biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hahahhha..no need pay summons laa....

they wont blacklist your license...just send warrant to arrest you only :D

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
answer no.2...government let you go beyond 110kmh to earn more money from your summon

solution, take bus :biggrin:
Take bus?
can get H1N1 or worse still driven by a sleepy driver or under influence.ya la somemore blame us for driving fast.cannot control ma what to do.My water gun load up sometimes n need to release.So either i have a hand treatment of china doll unload for me.:thefinger:

Bump:
hahahhha..no need pay summons laa....

they wont blacklist your license...just send warrant to arrest you only :D
they wont let u renew ur roadtax la.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
so the best is get into our baby n drive according to speed limit.hehe.:sleep:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Thats an easy question. Just when you top out at 110km/h national speed limit, does not mean it applies when overtaking. You could put out 120-130km/h to overtake. But since 110km/h is already a fastest lane speed, you could not do much.

Also car manufacturers CAN put speed limiters in every car. But because the same car is marketed worldwide where their national speed limit is different. It does not make sense to make a car ECU for every different country right?

Lastly, it is the law. And as a human, you can break it or adhere to it. If you break it, why the fuss? Since you are very aware you broke it. If it does not apply to you, why bother even posting here?

:rolleyes:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Top speed is just the by product of how the entire car is design and built. They don't build cars to purposely give you the ability to break the speed limits.

Take say a 7 series beemer that can cruise seemlessly in such relaxed manner at 110kmph. To have this they had to build a huge-highly advance smooth engine, so the by product of this is a 250kmph top speed....

Then take say an Ariel Atom that can do 0-100 in like 3 seconds. To have that great acceleration they needed to supercharge a k20 from a honda. The by product of that is a top speed of like 230-240kmph....

and so on and so forth..... see where i'm going here??

Then theres the speed limit issues... lets just says, rules and regulations are there for a reason (we all can find a +ve for it if we wanted to), some agree and some will not, some abide, some don't, get caught, suck it up and pay up la... politics of the issue, well thats an entire different story right?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Ok laa..... i will go about breaking the speed limit as long as i don't endanger other road users:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sebastian Vettel and his Red Bull Racing (RBR) machine polished the Albert Park circuit with the rest of the field at the Australian Grand Prix last weekend, finishing a healthy 22-seconds ahead of McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, without the use of KERS.

Hamilton however believes that RBR cannot afford to keep racing much longer without KERS if they expect to continue their dominance of the field. The Briton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience