Spark plugs' price and where to get?

aspec_fc

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
just as the title says.
the cheapest i found is RM265 for 2 BUR7EQ and 2 BUR9EQ. in a parts shop in cheras. still i thought is a little too pricey and that shouldn't be the price.
ah choi's selling at 280 per set. that's pricey! and it's only copper.

anyone else knows?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
that's cheap already... i remembered last time i paid to links... they charge me at 320 per set... that's cut throat...

having these kind of cars... of course... we need to pay for it... but seriously, that's cheap ....

i paid for my lesson during my search for the right mechanic.

aspec_fc

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
no shit. 320 for them. that's way to pricey. anyone else?? u guys do change spark plugs don't ya?

aspec_fc

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
Good news. I got mine for RM608 for 2 sets of platinum NGKs. BUR7EQP and BUR9EQP. Notice the 'P' at the end of the code. Platinum is not exactly a performance upgrade. But they last twice the lifetime of the standard copper. I thought is reasonable since copper are almost RM300.
Now that I don't need the extra set, would anyone be interested in getting it for RM304? they are good for both FC and FD. else i'll keep it till next year.

Last edited:

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
There are alot of written posts about spark plugs types and how cold to use depending on how modified your RE is. You can head up rx7.com/forum and read up on it. It would surely help you in choosing the right plugs for your engine.

As for the price, it does seem kinda steep. Even for RE plugs. You might wanna try hitting up the dealers and using plugs from the rx8. Might be cheaper. Just a thought.

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
aspec_fc said:
Good news. I got mine for RM608 for 2 sets of platinum NGKs. BUR7EQP and BUR9EQP. Notice the 'P' at the end of the code. Platinum is not exactly a performance upgrade. But they last twice the lifetime of the standard copper. I thought is reasonable since copper are almost RM300.
Now that I don't need the extra set, would anyone be interested in getting it for RM304? they are good for both FC and FD. else i'll keep it till next year.

RM304 for what?

aspec_fc

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
SomeGuy_sg said:
There are alot of written posts about spark plugs types and how cold to use depending on how modified your RE is. You can head up rx7.com/forum and read up on it. It would surely help you in choosing the right plugs for your engine.

As for the price, it does seem kinda steep. Even for RE plugs. You might wanna try hitting up the dealers and using plugs from the rx8. Might be cheaper. Just a thought.
thanks. but i've got no probs in knowing what plugs i should use. i've been using these plugs for the past 3 years now and i've got no probs with it. thanks for yer input tho! ;)

Last edited:

aspec_fc

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
joe13
RM304 for a set of NGK platinum spark plugs.
BUR7EQP
BUR9EQP
2 of each for leading and trailing.
they are the same as the stock spark plugs but in platinum series. last twice the lifespan of a standard copper.

Last edited:

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
These are brand new right? i'm kinda out of budget this month... can booking and collect next month?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
that's priceyyyyyyyyyyy....
304 is for total of 4 pcs or 2 pcs ony ?

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Only for RE Club members.

I'm importing a dozen of 8 and 9 (BUR8EQ/BUR9EQ) Sparkplugs for RX-7. Available in the middle of March. Price is not more than RM250 for a set of 8/9. PM me or sms me if u are interested.
Cheers.

aspec_fc

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
joe13 said:
These are brand new right? i'm kinda out of budget this month... can booking and collect next month?
sure. just let me know.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
PM me when u got them also :)

i might need a set of colder plugs... using 7 and 9 at the moment.

is it recomended using 9 and 10 ?

can someone advise trailing should be colder or leading should be colder ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The terms alien abduction or abduction phenomenon describe "subjectively real memories of being taken secretly against one’s will by apparently nonhuman entities and subjected to complex physical and psychological procedures."[1] People claiming to have been abducted are usually called "abductees" or "experiencers." Typical claims involve being subjected to a forced medical examination that emphasizes their reproductive system.[2] Abductees sometimes claim to have been warned...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience