SoundStream Picasso 4.480 and Alpine MRV-F540

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tntdiablo

SoundStream Picasso 4.480 and Alpine MRV-F540 does anyone exprience any of them.pls give some reviews or compare them

The Picasso is an over-rated amp (power wise) Pretty cheap these days with them being phased out. the 4.480 is a 4x60w amp @ 14.4V so is abotu 50w @ 13.8V. Sounds ok and is berrter than most taiwan/korea/china amps

The Alpine is a 4x40w amp.. small small power (if not mistaken)

yea it's true. the Alpine is a low powered amp. The mono section in the 5th channel is only impressive (200w RMS). While for the rest of the channels, it's only a small 40 x 4 RMS

i thought the 540 was 4x75W, anyway i would chose it anyday over the china made picasso, 540 has good digital crossover too if u want to go active.

thanks for the reviews guys....one more question,is the alpine MRV-F540 in the same range with the picasso?

crossover is 15Hz to 8000Hz i think, because i know my friend is using it actively and tweeters crossed around 4000Hz.

anyway if price is the same id say go for the alpine, more reliable and good after sales service.

amps

For around that price range (+/-) you can also get amps like (in order of preference),

1) a/d/s P450.2 - RM1250
2) Helix Dark Blue 4 - RM1350
3) Precision Power PCX440 - RM1000

all which I prefer more than the SS picasso.

i believe the alpine can run active as well. coz the setting there can be change.

i'm using the old old alpine v12. it has x1 and x2. x2 multiply by 10times. let say set at 800hz and x2, then u will get 8000hz.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom