Somebody help me......

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bobby85

Hi,
Good afternoon to all the sifu-s over here......i'm currently driving a 1997 2nd-hand proton satria....when i bought it...i was in a hurry...so didn't quite check throughly the whole car...my mum brought along her fren whom she said tat he knows how to check the car (which i really doubt it)....then in the end....he said the car is ok and it was quite a bargain....so he say it's ok to buy it...den i took his advice n bought the car...

the first week driving it doesn't cause me any problems....but after tat....problems began to occur....i found out that the seats and dashboard rattles a lot and it was quite a nuisance....den the brakes keep on emmitting some screeching sounds....(when driving....but not when in idle)...den the suspensions kind-of die off....den the gear box got stuck(which was caused by dirty gear box oil)....the rear bumper intersection part which uses screws to keep the whole bumper in place was spoiled....den more n more problems are occuring now......

Some of the problems i had already solve it like i changed all the front n rear absorbers.....den changed the disc-plate and the brake pad....changed the wiper...replaced the alarm....changed the gear box oil......etc...

Now i would like to ask for some help here about this problem which i'm currently facing now... When i'm driving and the speed reach > 80km/h .....the car (i dunno if it's the front or the back part) begins to shake....what i mean is tat it was like i was sitting in a boat.....it keeps on shaking....untill i reach below 80km/h....den the dashboard rattles no matter i'm driving fast or slow....

So wad might be the problem tat cause, thanks in advance for all the sifu-s....

tq tq

i think ur problem lies on the wheel.take ur car to a tyre shop n balance
all 4 wheels.i think this will solve ur problem.:)

ya laa..most probably its your wheel balancing..n oso make sure all your rims not bengkok like hell laa..if not no point oso do balancing..

i think ur problem lies on the wheel.take ur car to a tyre shop n balance
all 4 wheels.i think this will solve ur problem.:)

ya laa..most probably its your wheel balancing..n oso make sure all your rims not bengkok like hell laa..if not no point oso do balancing..

But at that time when i changed all the 4 absorbers....i did the balancing and chamber adjustment already.....the problem still exists......:cry_smile:

Check the wheel bearing... At first, this thing make noise...

oh....then mayb tomorrow i'll take it to the shop to check it out....but juz wondering.....how much will it cost if it really needs repairing??

and just to top up to my question....the bushes that i saw ppl saying in the forum...they say it'll cause the car or dashboard to vibrate also le.....is it true??Wad is it called in cantonese??I wanted the mechanic to check it out also, but i scared he doesn't know wad a bush is le....if i tell him in english

i think it's still wheel related.try n check the balancing lead strip whether it's
still stick on ur wheel or it had fallen off.

Last edited:
dude...this problem sounds serious but things like dat are actually very common with 2nd car....but the person who check ur car is nt qualified....i must say !!

nvm...go and check wad ever tht is stated by all sifu's here...bcoz i think pretty much ur prob is sumwhere near ur wheels.....and dashboard vibrate posible engine mounting all gone edy...just cheeck la bro.....since u gt the car at a bargain slowly do up ler....but do the really important stuff first bro !!!

take care

dude...this problem sounds serious but things like dat are actually very common with 2nd car....but the person who check ur car is nt qualified....i must say !!

nvm...go and check wad ever tht is stated by all sifu's here...bcoz i think pretty much ur prob is sumwhere near ur wheels.....and dashboard vibrate posible engine mounting all gone edy...just cheeck la bro.....since u gt the car at a bargain slowly do up ler....but do the really important stuff first bro !!!

take care

ya....will do it tomorrow...since today not free.... btw....the engine mounting....if really all gone already....how much will it cost to change it le???sorry for all these noob questions....i am really noob in cars....but i really do hope to learn more....

ps: among all the forums tat i've been....this is the best forum where forumers really do wanted to giv help to 'us' (noobs)......the other forums which i had been did not even care to reply to my problems.....thanks for all your sincere help...*salute*

oh....then mayb tomorrow i'll take it to the shop to check it out....but juz wondering.....how much will it cost if it really needs repairing??

and just to top up to my question....the bushes that i saw ppl saying in the forum...they say it'll cause the car or dashboard to vibrate also le.....is it true??Wad is it called in cantonese??I wanted the mechanic to check it out also, but i scared he doesn't know wad a bush is le....if i tell him in english
Alright. The easy method to check whether you rear bearing got problem or not is by jacking your car off the ground, then one hand touching/holding your spring, another hand spinning your wheel. You should feel vibration if it is the bearing faulty. I'm not sure about price of the part, im not into proton. hehe.

Alright. The easy method to check whether you rear bearing got problem or not is by jacking your car off the ground, then one hand touching/holding your spring, another hand spinning your wheel. You should feel vibration if it is the bearing faulty. I'm not sure about price of the part, im not into proton. hehe.

hmmm.....okok....later when i got home....i'll try jacking up my car to try out the method suggested....i'll post up the result as soon as i finish checking.....tqtq....*salute again*

i tried liau....i can't seem to feel any vibration cause when i turn the wheel...it automatically stop de...mmm...how to say le....it's like the brake is too hard already.....when i turn it...it juz manage to turn 3 or 4 rounds...then it'll automatically stop.... T.T

really scared is my rims 'bengkok' liau....if like tat ge war den jau die lor....need to fork out a huge sum of money again le.... :(

vibration normaly due to tire/wheel problem...wheel bearing normaly wil produce huge noise....easily identified...

if oledi well alignment = balancing, then check tire condition. got botak? got bengkak?

if tire no problem.check rim condition...shake normaly is front side. so check fromt left n right wheels 1st. or u wan check all 4 together oso can

my2cent

vibration normaly due to tire/wheel problem...wheel bearing normaly wil produce huge noise....easily identified...

if oledi well alignment = balancing, then check tire condition. got botak? got bengkak?

if tire no problem.check rim condition...shake normaly is front side. so check fromt left n right wheels 1st. or u wan check all 4 together oso can

my2cent

thanks for the advice...will go to the tyre shop tomorrow to check it out???
Is it just tell them to check my tyre....den check my rims??? Is it??? *respect

hmmm..'bengkak' tyres oso can create vibration..there's a possibility since u bought a 2nd hand car..who knows maybe previous owner fitted 2nd hand tyres b4 letting it go..if its one side of front tyres,u can do the checking yourself by driving very slowly <15km/h maybe n let go off your steering wheel,n if your tyre's bengkak,u can see that there's slight movement of your steering wheel, it moves to one side and back to its ori position..if small 'bengkak',very little movement..have to do this on straight flat road,then only you can notice this..if its rear ones,the whole body oso can feel the vibration..

n i also suggest you to get it checked from other tyre shops instead of the previous one for 2nd opinion..good luck!

Last edited:
bobby85,
Are you using sport rims or standard proton rims? My experience with vibration when going at above 50kmh is the drive shaft. My drive shaft was faulty and when I changed it, it became better. Now it vibrates at between 90kmh - 120kmh but that's because my rims has got little dents here and there. It's not fully round anymore. haha
A silly suggestion is to try another set of rims. See if it's the rim problems or not. I've got a set of spare 13" or 14" rims which I won't mind letting you try but of course, you'll have to try it with me together in your car. After trying, I would have to take back the rims. Sorry to say but at this time and age, trust is something one won't put at risk. I'm sure you know what I mean. hahaha

bobby85,
Are you using sport rims or standard proton rims? My experience with vibration when going at above 50kmh is the drive shaft. My drive shaft was faulty and when I changed it, it became better. Now it vibrates at between 90kmh - 120kmh but that's because my rims has got little dents here and there. It's not fully round anymore. haha
A silly suggestion is to try another set of rims. See if it's the rim problems or not. I've got a set of spare 13" or 14" rims which I won't mind letting you try but of course, you'll have to try it with me together in your car. After trying, I would have to take back the rims. Sorry to say but at this time and age, trust is something one won't put at risk. I'm sure you know what I mean. hahaha

hmmm..'bengkak' tyres oso can create vibration..there's a possibility since u bought a 2nd hand car..who knows maybe previous owner fitted 2nd hand tyres b4 letting it go..if its one side of front tyres,u can do the checking yourself by driving very slowly <15km/h maybe n let go off your steering wheel,n if your tyre's bengkak,u can see that there's slight movement of your steering wheel, it moves to one side and back to its ori position..if small 'bengkak',very little movement..have to do this on straight flat road,then only you can notice this..if its rear ones,the whole body oso can feel the vibration..

n i also suggest you to get it checked from other tyre shops instead of the previous one for 2nd opinion..good luck!

can ask tyre shop check for u if u not sure how to check...rim + tire oso can ask them do

then i guess i'll go to another tyre shop to check the tyres c c how first...hehe....juz now another incident happened....when i was driving to work...the whole car chocked....den it just died....after that i restart the car.....it starts...so i try to rev the car....but instead of the normal vrrooommm....it became vrr....rr....oo...mmm....den it suddenly dies again....it's like the fuel can't get to the engine like tat...so i suspect is the fuel pump got problem lor....tomolow will check it out also....haiz haiz.....sure wallet empty after tomorrow....

btw....should i send to workshop for inspection or to service center??
Any recommended workshop around setapak or genting kelang area??

ps:To satria_95....after i finish checking all my stuffs and if the problem still exists....then for sure i'll ask for ur help to rectify the problem de...hehe....dun worry wor....me good good ppl....haha.....anyway....thanks for ur offer....really touched.....all the forumers here are so friendly and helpful....ZTH rocks.....

btw....should i send to workshop for inspection or to service center??
Any recommended workshop around setapak or genting kelang area??

service centrer will cost u a bomb for sure..

my mech at UK Perdana there(bkt antarabangsa)....after zoo negara

if u wanna go, u can contact him at 016-6798343 (keong)..just tell him Kenny rekomen u. im driven silver kenari.he will knows

service centrer will cost u a bomb for sure..

my mech at UK Perdana there(bkt antarabangsa)....after zoo negara

if u wanna go, u can contact him at 016-6798343 (keong)..just tell him Kenny rekomen u. im driven silver kenari.he will knows

Thanks Kenny...i called him n now i start my way there liau....Hope everything goes fine.....Thanks a lot....*bow

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom