some pics from trengganu tarmac rally

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
another proton still homologated - the satria 1.3 but too underpowered for rallying la

sadly the proton satria 1.6 homologation already expired... the R3 ppl dont care much about it. the wira homologation is taken cared by EON and they took the trouble to extend the wira homologation for the humble privateers...

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
alexz said:
another proton still homologated - the satria 1.3 but too underpowered for rallying la

sadly the proton satria 1.6 homologation already expired... the R3 ppl dont care much about it. the wira homologation is taken cared by EON and they took the trouble to extend the wira homologation for the humble privateers...
the biggest misconception people get is that R3 is proton which it is not. it runs independently, with its own engineers, development team, and testing team. It does not "manufacture" cars, but improves on cars already manufactured by proton. Mainly in the area of performance tuning, to a certain extent, styling.

Homologation can only be controlled by the manufacturer. EON has no power to do so, but proton can contract EON or even someone like WRC motorsports to do the job. but the final say comes from Proton. So if R3 wants to do it, they will still need proton's blessing to go ahead.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
ok, R3 is not proton, so i wonder who is really in charge of proton motorsport affairs then...

maybe then ppl at large and all the newbies like me out there will be much more clearer ...

Last edited:

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
alexz said:
ok, R3 is not proton, so i wonder who is really in charge of proton motorsport affairs then...

maybe then ppl at large and all the newbies like me out there will be much more clearer ...
i would believe homologation issues are still decided by the outright manufacturer. i have no idea what the inner makings of proton are like and whats their corporate structure. but i do know that R3 do not control those issues.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone tell me wat sound is that? After sometime then it will disappear. The sound will appear when i js start my car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience