Small, Hidden and yet could be fatal if kena by accident

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
internal accessories should use bolt & nut..

that type of screw is design for houses..
Was about to say that. Usually should be nut and bolt so they won't have sharp end coming out like that....:banghead:

Bro. SF,
Probably you can just file the end down so that it is not sharp...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
ixeo, not just Proton have this....I have cars worth more than 200K also have minor problems or some lousy screws which snap...I also went and change all those myself....I rather fix the small problems DIY rather than sending the car there and wasting 1 day waiting at the service center to have it change not imagine you need to call and make appointment...to me, I just don't have so much luxury to wait and wait and wait....ya I might sound like an idiot or stupid to go fix it myself but I enjoy doing it.....

I don't blame those who bring their cars to SC even with the slightest problem because lack of knowledge on how to fix it but for those who knows how to fix it...well it's more worth while that I fix myself because I know I will fix it right the 1st time....I've worked in SC before and to be honest, I worked pretty fast and efficiently during my time and you know what the boss said to me? Don't work so fast after customer think you cincai do service....can you imagine doing an oil change on a car you need to spend minimum 1 and a half hour just to do that with all the tools and hydraulic jack....

oka887

Known Member
Jan 12, 2007
okayama
yup.. need to check also.. somebody in proton will know that.. if the worker in proton only do that because of laziness, the upper people of proton will know it.. and they will make improvements that it will not happen again.. maybe re-re-check the car again after finished assembly.. if it's because they really used that screw to fix the audio than you can do claim that the screw would be dangerous for anybody using the car or other proton cars also.. this will bring improvements in proton too.. some maybe said it's just a small problem.. but we should do what we can do to make it better..

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

ixeo, not just Proton have this....I have cars worth more than 200K also have minor problems or some lousy screws which snap...I also went and change all those myself....I rather fix the small problems DIY rather than sending the car there and wasting 1 day waiting at the service center to have it change not imagine you need to call and make appointment...to me, I just don't have so much luxury to wait and wait and wait....ya I might sound like an idiot or stupid to go fix it myself but I enjoy doing it.....

I don't blame those who bring their cars to SC even with the slightest problem because lack of knowledge on how to fix it but for those who knows how to fix it...well it's more worth while that I fix myself because I know I will fix it right the 1st time....I've worked in SC before and to be honest, I worked pretty fast and efficiently during my time and you know what the boss said to me? Don't work so fast after customer think you cincai do service....can you imagine doing an oil change on a car you need to spend minimum 1 and a half hour just to do that with all the tools and hydraulic jack....

yup..servis center in japan also used a lot of time.. if it will be taking time they will prepared the daisya (other car to be used for free).. yes..changing oil or oil filter will took over an hour.. as i can see.. here, although you just said to change the oil.. they will check other things too.. such as other oils, lamps, tyre, broken bush and they will tell you after the servis where is the problem.. and also refill the oil or window washer for free.. it took times but i'm satisfied with the work..
although a lot of time i sent to my friends garage that will take a lot of longer time but do the work perfectly..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
oka, it's different here from Japan.....Malaysian style working very very different....I worked in service center before and I can see mostly the technicians work very slow and the what 24 check point...just a gimmick....sometimes work fast does not mean work simply....is work efficiently....

I know there are some service and work that take time but not all...

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I check my FLX and it also have this but the protruded screw is about 1 cm or less. I've measured it.

Then I put a shoe box to have a picture of the distance of the speaker from the trunk floor.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
oka, it's different here from Japan.....Malaysian style working very very different....I worked in service center before and I can see mostly the technicians work very slow and the what 24 check point...just a gimmick....sometimes work fast does not mean work simply....is work efficiently....

I know there are some service and work that take time but not all...

ya ya...in malaysia windscreen washer topup also wanna charge....be it toyota,proton,mazda (every brand do this)....

even check coolant also wanna charge.... :rofl:

even already using good semi-syn also they insist adding more oil treatment :banghead:

many B.S thing but only wanna sucks money from owner...

yes i checked this on many girl's car service book... :biggrin:

so back to this protuding screw...u just take picture, mend it with grinder or shorter screw...then logde report at proton care heck..even post to their facebook....so they will know what to improve on next new car.... :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Was about to say that. Usually should be nut and bolt so they won't have sharp end coming out like that....:banghead:

Bro. SF,
Probably you can just file the end down so that it is not sharp...
Yup, thought of that. But will send feedback to proton.

I check my FLX and it also have this but the protruded screw is about 1 cm or less. I've measured it.

Then I put a shoe box to have a picture of the distance of the speaker from the trunk floor.
Your screw looks shorter though..

By the way,

Joe is actually just indirectly showing his Ultra Racing Strut Bars in his rear trunk :listen:
:vroam: lari 1st :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, not for the reason I just find it hard for me to touch the speaker because the trunk is very big and even I reach in to the full I also very far from touching the speaker screw....I wonder how many stuff you keep inside the trunk...full until the speaker level.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF, not for the reason I just find it hard for me to touch the speaker because the trunk is very big and even I reach in to the full I also very far from touching the speaker screw....I wonder how many stuff you keep inside the trunk...full until the speaker level.....
Not actually full, just when i leave up the big plastic bags that have things inside to move it to the end of the rear trunk, cut my hand when i swing the stuffs.

Point is, ya we might not stall things that high up but then cleaning the rear trunk could be dangerous if anyone did not notice the screws...

oka887

Known Member
Jan 12, 2007
okayama
yea.. it's differents.. if malaysian or proton could do that too.. than it will be better..
but the screw is really dangerous.. for one speaker it will be 3 or 4 screw so double for 2 speakers..

and it means proton uses these type of screw in their car production.. haish!!
really need to do some complaints.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not actually full, just when i leave up the big plastic bags that have things inside to move it to the end of the rear trunk, cut my hand when i swing the stuffs.

Point is, ya we might not stall things that high up but then cleaning the rear trunk could be dangerous if anyone did not notice the screws...
Yup, if boot is full of things sometimes we need to remove items that is stack up to the speaker level and can get cut by the sharp screw.

As for bro. TR car boot he cannot stack too high because UR bar blocking......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yea.. it's differents.. if malaysian or proton could do that too.. than it will be better..
but the screw is really dangerous.. for one speaker it will be 3 or 4 screw so double for 2 speakers..

and it means proton uses these type of screw in their car production.. haish!!
really need to do some complaints.
I hope all proton owners especially BLM or Saga that have screws like that to send a complain to them...is not safe at all...imagine if some parents just wanna carry the baby to let them play in the boot (unlikely but possible) what if he/she don't know there are dangerous SPIKES in there?

So, best to report the matter. Want proton to improve and be a known brand for Malaysia? We have the responsibility to help by giving feedback. That's how everyone improve. Through feedbacks.

Yup, if boot is full of things sometimes we need to remove items that is stack up to the speaker level and can get cut by the sharp screw.

As for bro. TR car boot he cannot stack too high because UR bar blocking......:biggrin:
LOL! True...but then seriously, that screws are not suppose to be like that in a car...
My cut till today 3 days still not cure yet...can still feel the pain...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I hope all proton owners especially BLM or Saga that have screws like that to send a complain to them...is not safe at all...imagine if some parents just wanna carry the baby to let them play in the boot (unlikely but possible) what if he/she don't know there are dangerous SPIKES in there?

So, best to report the matter. Want proton to improve and be a known brand for Malaysia? We have the responsibility to help by giving feedback. That's how everyone improve. Through feedbacks.

LOL! True...but then seriously, that screws are not suppose to be like that in a car...
My cut till today 3 days still not cure yet...can still feel the pain...
Yup, just hope they look into it, but if report to SC, maybe they do case to case only. Probably need to tell R&D or Car design team....:driver:

Cure at least 5 days and depends whether you kept it dry?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, just hope they look into it, but if report to SC, maybe they do case to case only. Probably need to tell R&D or Car design team....:driver:

Cure at least 5 days and depends whether you kept it dry?
So which department is the best to report to? Report online?

Ya is my thumb that kena so easy to keep it dry...just lucky is not my index and ring finger..hard
to keep those two dry...:listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi fellows,

i'm in search of a shop that can re-chrome my door and window trims and also my grill.

some advice would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

-yams-
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience