Small, Hidden and yet could be fatal if kena by accident

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not actually full, just when i leave up the big plastic bags that have things inside to move it to the end of the rear trunk, cut my hand when i swing the stuffs.

Point is, ya we might not stall things that high up but then cleaning the rear trunk could be dangerous if anyone did not notice the screws...
Yup, if boot is full of things sometimes we need to remove items that is stack up to the speaker level and can get cut by the sharp screw.

As for bro. TR car boot he cannot stack too high because UR bar blocking......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yea.. it's differents.. if malaysian or proton could do that too.. than it will be better..
but the screw is really dangerous.. for one speaker it will be 3 or 4 screw so double for 2 speakers..

and it means proton uses these type of screw in their car production.. haish!!
really need to do some complaints.
I hope all proton owners especially BLM or Saga that have screws like that to send a complain to them...is not safe at all...imagine if some parents just wanna carry the baby to let them play in the boot (unlikely but possible) what if he/she don't know there are dangerous SPIKES in there?

So, best to report the matter. Want proton to improve and be a known brand for Malaysia? We have the responsibility to help by giving feedback. That's how everyone improve. Through feedbacks.

Yup, if boot is full of things sometimes we need to remove items that is stack up to the speaker level and can get cut by the sharp screw.

As for bro. TR car boot he cannot stack too high because UR bar blocking......:biggrin:
LOL! True...but then seriously, that screws are not suppose to be like that in a car...
My cut till today 3 days still not cure yet...can still feel the pain...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I hope all proton owners especially BLM or Saga that have screws like that to send a complain to them...is not safe at all...imagine if some parents just wanna carry the baby to let them play in the boot (unlikely but possible) what if he/she don't know there are dangerous SPIKES in there?

So, best to report the matter. Want proton to improve and be a known brand for Malaysia? We have the responsibility to help by giving feedback. That's how everyone improve. Through feedbacks.

LOL! True...but then seriously, that screws are not suppose to be like that in a car...
My cut till today 3 days still not cure yet...can still feel the pain...
Yup, just hope they look into it, but if report to SC, maybe they do case to case only. Probably need to tell R&D or Car design team....:driver:

Cure at least 5 days and depends whether you kept it dry?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, just hope they look into it, but if report to SC, maybe they do case to case only. Probably need to tell R&D or Car design team....:driver:

Cure at least 5 days and depends whether you kept it dry?
So which department is the best to report to? Report online?

Ya is my thumb that kena so easy to keep it dry...just lucky is not my index and ring finger..hard
to keep those two dry...:listen:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
:rofl:

lucky not your middle finger injured....if not cannot "finger" your **ahem** edi haha...
Which is why I thank god that the Screws did not scratch/injured those important fingers. :biggrin:
Perdana also like that bro?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

So....has SF or TitanR reported already or not?
Not yet, any idea where to report?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Here, is the e-mail add for the complain.
Proton i-care
[email protected]

Izso, I mentioned to SA during car collection...he took pic and say will submit to HQ....no news until today...the pic I posted was actually took 2 weeks (in 2012) after I bought the car which I used to send to the i-care but also no reply....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Which is why I thank god that the Screws did not scratch/injured those important fingers. :biggrin:
Perdana also like that bro?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Not yet, any idea where to report?
Oh! I thought you still sucking your thumbs, so will be used often.....hahahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Here, is the e-mail add for the complain.
Proton i-care
[email protected]

Izso, I mentioned to SA during car collection...he took pic and say will submit to HQ....no news until today...the pic I posted was actually took 2 weeks (in 2012) after I bought the car which I used to send to the i-care but also no reply....
Wonder if the complaint was passed on up to HQ?

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

:rofl:

lucky not your middle finger injured....if not cannot "finger" your **ahem** edi haha...
You mean...:thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh! I thought you still sucking your thumbs, so will be used often.....hahahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Wonder if the complaint was passed on up to HQ?
LOL! Bugger u! :rofl:

Not sure but I already sent my feedback as per stated by TitanRev in that link.
Let's just see if there is any reply.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
THanx bro for telling.

I got check on my new Saga for this screw n YES !! it was there !! sharp n dangerous...

luckily no servers or important items are damaged bcoz of this screw

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well well well... This has shown how efficient And effective Proton is in making car. They even boasted of going global...with this kind of thing and design...sigh...

Just to share: self tapping screws are usually, usuallyyyyyyy...used for mounting something to woods, especially thick woods where the end of screw won't stick out. Why self tapping for woods? Coz it saves time and money. The sharp edges of the screw will bite the woods and sit in there nicely. So when they use self tapping screw on a thin plate like the one shown by SF and TR, in my eyes, I see only cheapskate and lazy ppl. They use it because it is fast and cheap. They do not have to make threads to enable them to use bolt and nuts. All they have to do is use a drill and force the screw in. Time and cost effective? Yesssss......quality? What's that? Not in the dictionary ..

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The same screw found in Ikea's DIY furniture but this one is protruding so long it could caused serious head injury.
As we know what people do to take those stuff further in the boot.
Btw, easiest way is covering it with door stopper rubber. Else, get the small screw and nut to replace it but this is quite troublesome as
it require the removal of the rear cover.

Thanks for sharing. It could saves many others...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The same screw found in Ikea's DIY furniture but this one is protruding so long it could caused serious head injury.
As we know what people do to take those stuff further in the boot.
Btw, easiest way is covering it with door stopper rubber. Else, get the small screw and nut to replace it but this is quite troublesome as
it require the removal of the rear cover.

Thanks for sharing. It could saves many others...
You're welcome and is indeed dangerous. Looks harmless but if think again, and look again, is not as harmless as it looks. Can be very fatal.

Already e-mail to proton i-care but no reply from them as expected. :banghead:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
can we refer the 'tribunal pengguna' for cases such as this?
You're welcome and is indeed dangerous. Looks harmless but if think again, and look again, is not as harmless as it looks. Can be very fatal.

Already e-mail to proton i-care but no reply from them as expected. :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how does having a larger intercooler piping,lets say 4" , bigger plenum and bigger throttle helps in gaining performance? how would it affect otherwise? heard that it will bogged down like hell if things are not done properly. very interested in it.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience