Skyline downsides

amduron

Nov 21, 2007
Sorry to interrupt, been lurking in this section quite sometimes, just want to speak my mind, hope everybody is ok with me, peace :)

Even i'm not an owner nor a driver for this beloved machine as to what i understood the mentality of tailgating others is somehow rather time wasting and its all about our ego when we are on the road.

From what i feel its about well what can i say, pride? ego? (that's for sure :P) superiority complex that shapes the behavior of this kind of person (well, for tailgaters only, "my car is fast so what, hell yeah..")

I've encountered lots of JDM monsters out there & they know their codes, hardly or rarely they will give a chase to the car that was in front of them for whatever reason unless they want to overtake the car in front of them (from my observation or maybe its only me kot saw this?)

But owning such ride sure got lots of things to take care about, safety, and most probably to avoid those err not so fast but trying to be fast even though you know you are not that blardy fast bla2..

Well just to speak my mind, no intention to spark anything, just another road user, cheers :)

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Major problem I have with Skyline ownership is security. I always have to plan and survey where can I park the car when I go places. Really afraid of smashed glass (which already happen to a quiet a number of people) or worst still, missing car.

Damn car can't go to almost all of the parking in malls/hotels/buildings. The only ones I can clear are The Curve, KLCC and Pavillion. Sucks!

Well of course it'll really help if I got another rust bucket to drive around. :)

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Downsides? Hmmmm where do I begin!

1. Car is old...my car is 20 years old...can get married already.

2. Rust here and there.

3. So many things can rosak....

4. EXPENSIVE!!!
4.1 See item 3.
4.2 Parts mahal lorr
4.3 Minyak so mahal... my full tank 70L... can only go less than 300km with boost
4.4 Myvi service only RM170 complete kawtim, skyline service u kawtim
4.5 Roadtax and insurance also mahal

5. If drive slow ppl say u lansee, if drive fast also ppl say u lansee :hmmmm:

6. Car is bising

7. Car is not comfortable

etc etc etc...

However, have always loved skylines...and no matter how many downsides you can list, I will always love mine :love: :biggrin:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
out of curiosity, how frequent has there been of car theft cases for Skylines?....does it bother u guys so much that you hafta either valet park anywhere you go?....or park only at where you hv direct line of sight of it?....or just leave it at home and bring other cars around?.....

my circle of friends of Civic EK, we got cars being stolen almost every months....

Last edited:

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m

2. Rust here and there.

4. EXPENSIVE!!!
4.1 See item 3.
4.2 Parts mahal lorr
4.3 Minyak so mahal... my full tank 70L... can only go less than 300km with boost

6. Car is bising

etc etc etc...

However, have always loved skylines...and no matter how many downsides you can list, I will always love mine :love: :biggrin:
Not to forget it weights like a real gozilla :( i wont say it has good handling tho hahaha

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
out of curiosity, how frequent has there been of car theft cases for Skylines?....does it bother u guys so much that you hafta either valet park anywhere you go?....or park only at where you hv direct line of sight of it?....or just leave it at home and bring other cars around?.....

my circle of friends of Civic EK, we got cars being stolen almost every months....
Car theft not so frequent but can happen ... remember the red r32 just recently and Russell's gtr34.

Other than car theft, vandalism and break-ins are a major worry too... since parts eg gauges etc are desirable apparently and the cars stand-out.

I think most owners only use them as weekend cars or kete makan angin... KL traffic so bad and parking so leceh that sometimes it's not worth it to use a skyline as a daily driver. However I do know some owners who do use it as a daily driver and they seem to manage just fine...not much complaints pun.

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
Dick magnet or chick magnet? We're keeping track of how many different chicks you can bring to every event hahah. [/QUOTE said:
Agreed!! :itsme::itsme: magunetto!!

Tailgating is a big problem owning a skyline..dont know y..since owned the car for almost 8 years, i keep facing this all the time when i drive the car..wherever u go, normally there must be at least 1 car will tailgating u..possibly 99.9999% this will happen..from k car till the mpv car..hehe..sometimes become more worst when they not finished/satisfied with u on the road..before this i will tailgate back the car which start it first coz personally im a hot tempered :mad: ..its become more irritated especially with HID one..lu cucuk gua, gua cucuk lu balik..lu langsi lu mati..they might be mistaken that my car just 'R' wannabe..huhu..but not anymore 'kot'..coz now most of time i drive, i'll bring together my wife n kid..so must think safety first..if alone might be 'setan' jugak.. :smokin:

and d other reason is now a days lots of modified car on the road..kena tapau maluu ooo..so as YB [PIMPIN] said, either u loose or win, in both situation u still a loser :bawling: ..huhu.. :smokin:

amduron

Nov 21, 2007

Tailgating is a big problem owning a skyline..dont know y..since owned the car for almost 8 years, i keep facing this all the time when i drive the car..wherever u go, normally there must be at least 1 car will tailgating u..possibly 99.9999% this will happen..from k car till the mpv car..hehe..sometimes become more worst when they not finished/satisfied with u on the road..before this i will tailgate back the car which start it first coz personally im a hot tempered :mad: ..its become more irritated especially with HID one..lu cucuk gua, gua cucuk lu balik..lu langsi lu mati..they might be mistaken that my car just 'R' wannabe..huhu..but not anymore 'kot'..coz now most of time i drive, i'll bring together my wife n kid..so must think safety first..if alone might be 'setan' jugak.. :smokin:

and d other reason is now a days lots of modified car on the road..kena tapau maluu ooo..so as YB [PIMPIN] said, either u loose or win, in both situation u still a loser :bawling: ..huhu.. :smokin:
yup, that's definitely the case, well most of the time la. Sometimes Myvi oso wan to play around, aiyooo..i know la cos a oso drive a Myvi (my wife's car, auto plak tu, grrrr...) when it comes to your sense whether it is a give or take, i'd rather give it than give it a try, its simply a lose-lose situation, nobody acknowledge whether you are fast or slow, even if you win, you lose to your ego, that's it but sometimes have to burn rubber gak la lol :P

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
amduron - Everyone is welcome to their opinion and although I don't like to stereotype, usually tailgating is done by certain types of cars and their owners so in a way you're not far from the truth.

Major problem I have with Skyline ownership is security. I always have to plan and survey where can I park the car when I go places. Really afraid of smashed glass (which already happen to a quiet a number of people) or worst still, missing car.

Damn car can't go to almost all of the parking in malls/hotels/buildings. The only ones I can clear are The Curve, KLCC and Pavillion. Sucks!

Well of course it'll really help if I got another rust bucket to drive around. :)
Get security tint bro? Cover the keyholes so it unlocks only via remote (might be problematic if battery goes flat). Luckily the boot and door keyholes are different since apparently some thieves take the boot's keyhole to make copies. Besides that, I guess an extensive alarm is the best you can do.

I don't have a problem with any carparks in KL, which explains why my bumper looks the way it is most of the time hahahahahahah

2. Rust here and there.

4. EXPENSIVE!!!
4.1 See item 3.
4.2 Parts mahal lorr

6. Car is bising

etc etc etc...

I agree with most of your points except the minyak, roadtax, bising and comfort parts. Minyak for obvious reasons since I barely drive, the fuel price doesn't really bother me. Road tax isn't that bad lah to be honest. Bising and comfort - just used to it by now.

But regardless of the downsides, I find it hard to part with it atm.

GTRs aren't as easy to move I guess. In the event one does get stolen it would probably be for parts or because it was specifically targeted I reckon. I usually valet, well the valet lets me valet since in most cases they hand me back the keys and let me park up front after the first two times they stall the car.

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way but usually I listen to my gut instinct and rely on my mood at the time. If I don't feel like it or something doesn't feel right, I generally move aside and let the pass. If I'm in the mood, well then I what happens is I suddenly get possessed by this demon that is responsible for all my actions and I have no memory of what happens - all I know is that when I regain my memory, the tailgater has long disappeared that I would have to stop by the side of the road to wait for them. Currently seeking treatment for this disorder :idea:

amduron

Nov 21, 2007
[PIMPIN];1063543630 said:
amduron - Everyone is welcome to their opinion and although I don't like to stereotype, usually tailgating is done by certain types of cars and their owners so in a way you're not far from the truth.

Get security tint bro? Cover the keyholes so it unlocks only via remote (might be problematic if battery goes flat). Luckily the boot and door keyholes are different since apparently some thieves take the boot's keyhole to make copies. Besides that, I guess an extensive alarm is the best you can do.

I don't have a problem with any carparks in KL, which explains why my bumper looks the way it is most of the time hahahahahahah

I agree with most of your points except the minyak, roadtax, bising and comfort parts. Minyak for obvious reasons since I barely drive, the fuel price doesn't really bother me. Road tax isn't that bad lah to be honest. Bising and comfort - just used to it by now.

But regardless of the downsides, I find it hard to part with it atm.

GTRs aren't as easy to move I guess. In the event one does get stolen it would probably be for parts or because it was specifically targeted I reckon. I usually valet, well the valet lets me valet since in most cases they hand me back the keys and let me park up front after the first two times they stall the car.

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way but usually I listen to my gut instinct and rely on my mood at the time. If I don't feel like it or something doesn't feel right, I generally move aside and let the pass. If I'm in the mood, well then I what happens is I suddenly get possessed by this demon that is responsible for all my actions and I have no memory of what happens - all I know is that when I regain my memory, the tailgater has long disappeared that I would have to stop by the side of the road to wait for them. Currently seeking treatment for this disorder :idea:
thanks sir, it's happening but either give it or take it :) All i can say the GTRs will always caught my eye sight even for moment (it's not everyday to see this on the road so i love the view especially the rear side, nice arse, hehe..)

errrr for the treatment i think it's ok to leave them behind, just pretend nothing happened at the first place, just head to where you want to go, smile as usual, it's nice to know our beloved country have such a nice hiway, peace :biggrin:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
I agree with vspec,the thing that bug me most is where to park? Once i was in tesco someone actually left a lighted ciggy on the roof of my car,the reason some of them tailgate us, WOT skyline are a sight to behold

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009

2. Rust here and there.

4. EXPENSIVE!!!
4.1 See item 3.
4.2 Parts mahal lorr

6. Car is bising

etc etc etc...

hahaha....4.4 make my day.... :dancing2:

but since i'm riding uncle version of an old skyline.....i think replacing timebelt + water pump really costly

1) RM 220 timing belt
2) RM 100 water pump
3) RM 75 engine oil
4) RM 40 oil filter
5) RM 200 Workmanship

RM 635 Full Service.....HAHAHA really kawtim

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i usually only tailgate people when they hog the fast lane....for some reason, i hate fast lane hoggers more than tailgaters....maybe just me....but as far as i remember, i neva tailgate any Skylines....cause usually they make good use of the fast lane....:adore:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I agree with vspec,the thing that bug me most is where to park? Once i was in tesco someone actually left a lighted ciggy on the roof of my car,the reason some of them tailgate us, WOT skyline are a sight to behold
That lighted ciggy was not cool at all. What an arse.

But sometimes the people who cucuk us just do it to get some kind of response. Occasionally, I get people pulling up beside me with phone camera and then try to get me to go WOT. Those days when I was younger I would lah. Now car slow, nak WOT pun segan.

i usually only tailgate people when they hog the fast lane....for some reason, i hate fast lane hoggers more than tailgaters....maybe just me....but as far as i remember, i neva tailgate any Skylines....cause usually they make good use of the fast lane....:adore:
Hogging the fast lane oblivious to traffic behind them is a typically Johorean way of driving :stupid:

Sudut

Known Member
May 25, 2006

tampal sticker worrr, "Race kat trek!!!!"

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this Brand new but is it new after all
..just couldnt find the time to do more write up
been very hectic in Hives till recent things get settle down

upon arrival

gift was picked up and brought a long the way

dirty wheels

usual stains and dirt...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience