Skyline downsides

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Since this forum has been rather quiet lately, I thought I'd create a thread with something a bit more fun to discuss for once. The topic is - What is it about owning and driving your Skyline around that pisses you off/irritates you? I've got quite a list but I'll start with one:

Random modified cars or even stock ones like to come up really fast behind you and tailgate just to instigate you. This mostly happens at night. Because I rarely use the turbo timer when I'm headed home late at night or early in the morning, I drive the last 10mins or so at a moderate pace to let everything cool down. Not just the turbos but the engine itself, the gearbox etc. And that's when some idiot will come up behind me and want to race.

The thing is, it's a lose-lose situation. If you win you lose if you lose, well you lose as well. Reason being that if you win that will think 'Boleh la menang, dah nama pun Skyline' but if you lose 'Wooohooo aku tadi main dengan Skyline menang siot!'

Contrary to what most people think, I don't drive fast ALL the time. Sometimes the fun part is going 80km/h at 3am on a Tuesday morning when there is no one else around and just enjoy the feeling of driving.

So tailgating specifically racers either wannabes or not is my pet peeve regarding Skyline ownership. What's yours?

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
this is kinda general viewing...
so you implying the rate of Skyline owners get "bullied" is much higher?

or do you mean the chances of meeting some "raging hormone" kiddo is higher at night?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
this is kinda general viewing...
so you implying the rate of Skyline owners get "bullied" is much higher?

or do you mean the chances of meeting some "raging hormone" kiddo is higher at night?
Hahah what is it that makes you think I'm implying such a thing?

Considering that this is the Skyline section, naturally I'd want to know what it is that is irritating about Skyline ownership. If this were a Subaru forum, then the topic would be 'Subaru downsides' instead. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

'Raging hormone' kiddo if that is what you choose to call it are everywhere, regardless of whatever time it is. Personally, I find it especially irritating when they do it late at night since all I want to do is go home and switch off the engine straight away and I can only do that by driving slowly for the last 10 minutes.

Since you're assuming that I've implied something, what are you implying when you say 'bullied'? Does that mean Skylines never get bullied or does that mean we are nothing but something for everyone to bully?

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
what do u expect of owning a Skyline?
with great power, sure comes with great responsibility

if u feel irritated of someone tailgating u perhaps you can ease on the brake buddy
i know how terrible it feels when some riced-up cars tailgating you with your mind thinking, what if you have to brake with your 6/8 pot endless, p-miu, AP or whatever and the car behind still using stock brakes. sure hurts when the car behind failed to do distance safe braking right? and this is what i call lose-lose situation.

of course, i'm not specifically talking about tailgating stuff.. you see, i rather read technical stuff that actually helps rather than rant stuff here.. perhaps alternative stuff of you not using timer when driving back home.. idk, i just giving suggestion. yes, i don't own a skyline or any other "10sec car".. i just dont have the right to post in Skyline thread as i just dont have any real life knowledge about owning a Skyline, or better yet a car...

right now other Skyline owner here start bashing away them keyboard and say who the f is this guy talking rude to our superior?! anyway, no offense and yes, i love Skyline more than any other car in this world.. :burnout:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
what do u expect of owning a Skyline?
with great power, sure comes with great responsibility

if u feel irritated of someone tailgating u perhaps you can ease on the brake buddy
i know how terrible it feels when some riced-up cars tailgating you with your mind thinking, what if you have to brake with your 6/8 pot endless, p-miu, AP or whatever and the car behind still using stock brakes. sure hurts when the car behind failed to do distance safe braking right? and this is what i call lose-lose situation.

of course, i'm not specifically talking about tailgating stuff.. you see, i rather read technical stuff that actually helps rather than rant stuff here.. perhaps alternative stuff of you not using timer when driving back home.. idk, i just giving suggestion. yes, i don't own a skyline or any other "10sec car".. i just dont have the right to post in Skyline thread as i just dont have any real life knowledge about owning a Skyline, or better yet a car...

right now other Skyline owner here start bashing away them keyboard and say who the f is this guy talking rude to our superior?! anyway, no offense and yes, i love Skyline more than any other car in this world.. :burnout:
I don't think you understood my initial post. Since our section of the forums have been quiet I decided to ask what people consider the downside of owning their rides. Mine happens to be tailgaters. I don't understand your post regarding braking with 6pot brakes etc because as mentioned twice already, I just want to go home. Don't recall anything about emergency braking and I don't even know what technical articles have to do with this.

I wouldn't call this a rant since I'm not bashing anybody. Its a general topic where people can share their opinions on more lighter topics related to Skylines ownership rather than it just being purely about technical debate.

And as for your question about knowing what to expect since I drive a Skyline, well I pretty much have a fairly good idea considering I first bought one nearly a decade ago and pretty much gone through the RB20, RB25, RB26 and RB28. I'm contemplating another RB3* perhaps in the near future so I have had to read my fair share of all things related technical but it gets boring after sometime.

When I was briefly a moderator of Skylines Australia (SAU), one of the biggest Skyline forums in the world, we had sections for serious and not so serious topics. That isn't the case here so we have a mixture of topics in one subsection of the forum.

Anyway, thanks for your input and btw, I have no idea what you mean by me talking rude to a 'superior'.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Hail Mr [PIMPIN], our beloved Skyline Superior! :adore: :rofl:

I get tailgated sometimes too, and given the fact that my car is stock looking (both the R32 and my ex 180SX) some do want to tailgate for whatever reason. :stupid:

Mostly are either souped up Kancils or Protons (Satrias, Wiras and Neos). And don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that every Protons and Kancils tailgate Skylines as a hobby but I don't see any other make doing that on the road in particular to me.

Other than that, I don't think anything pisses me of by owning the car. Sure, petrol prices ain't getting cheaper and the upkeep is a lot compared to the run-in-the-mill automobile as well as the bug of modifying will blow holes in my pockets. But that's part of the ownership of not only Skylines but any other performance cars.

Owh, perhaps one thing lah. I'm irritated by wsukun's comments. Dude, it's early Monday morning and ur already trying to start a fire. Chill lah bro.. :biggrin:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
I get quite annoyed by the random tailgaters as well.. Funnily enough it is almost always the souped up protons or civics. Somehow the other JDM's that I have bumped into know the 'code' and do not simply tailgate you..

The other thing that annoys me is that skylines seems to be a good 'dick magnet', you get a lot of friendly chat from random dudes, 'how much you bought?', 'power tak?' yada3...The positive side of this is that, skyline has made it's name known in the motor sport scene...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Another downside must be hoping your GTR emblem is still there whenever it is parked in a public place out of sight...
Mine doesn't have any emblems. If only I could hide the MFD, then I could fly under the radar :driver:

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
i've expected to face this outcome..
i know pimpin is not someone to mess with but to hell with it..
temu, i seriously not attempting to start a fire or whatever..
if you feel irritated by my post, ntg i can do but to apologize..
by couple of post from pimpin i know we can learn alot from that bloke

have a nice day guys

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hail Mr [PIMPIN], our beloved Skyline Superior! :adore: :rofl:

I get tailgated sometimes too, and given the fact that my car is stock looking (both the R32 and my ex 180SX) some do want to tailgate for whatever reason. :stupid:

Mostly are either souped up Kancils or Protons (Satrias, Wiras and Neos). And don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that every Protons and Kancils tailgate Skylines as a hobby but I don't see any other make doing that on the road in particular to me.

Other than that, I don't think anything pisses me of by owning the car. Sure, petrol prices ain't getting cheaper and the upkeep is a lot compared to the run-in-the-mill automobile as well as the bug of modifying will blow holes in my pockets. But that's part of the ownership of not only Skylines but any other performance cars.

Owh, perhaps one thing lah. I'm irritated by wsukun's comments. Dude, it's early Monday morning and ur already trying to start a fire. Chill lah bro.. :biggrin:
Bro, my STI with all its stickers and 'look at me' carbon fiber everywhere tak kena cucuk pun. My GTR which could pass off as a GTT they kacau. But when it comes to cops, its the other way around with the GTR hardly getting a second glance except for recent tail lights.

I get quite annoyed by the random tailgaters as well.. Funnily enough it is almost always the souped up protons or civics. Somehow the other JDM's that I have bumped into know the 'code' and do not simply tailgate you..

The other thing that annoys me is that skylines seems to be a good 'dick magnet', you get a lot of friendly chat from random dudes, 'how much you bought?', 'power tak?' yada3...The positive side of this is that, skyline has made it's name known in the motor sport scene...
Dick magnet or chick magnet? We're keeping track of how many different chicks you can bring to every event hahah.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

i've expected to face this outcome..
i know pimpin is not someone to mess with but to hell with it..
temu, i seriously not attempting to start a fire or whatever..
if you feel irritated by my post, ntg i can do but to apologize..
by couple of post from pimpin i know we can learn alot from that bloke

have a nice day guys
It's all good dude. Simple miscommunication. It happens all the time regardless of whether its on the forums or even in real life. And I'm sure I can learn from you as much as you can learn from me.

No hard feelings dude, hope you don't stop visiting our neck of the woods. :driver:

reccaoji

Known Member
Feb 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063543342 said:
Since this forum has been rather quiet lately, I thought I'd create a thread with something a bit more fun to discuss for once. The topic is - What is it about owning and driving your Skyline around that pisses you off/irritates you? I've got quite a list but I'll start with one:

Random modified cars or even stock ones like to come up really fast behind you and tailgate just to instigate you. This mostly happens at night. Because I rarely use the turbo timer when I'm headed home late at night or early in the morning, I drive the last 10mins or so at a moderate pace to let everything cool down. Not just the turbos but the engine itself, the gearbox etc. And that's when some idiot will come up behind me and want to race.

The thing is, it's a lose-lose situation. If you win you lose if you lose, well you lose as well. Reason being that if you win that will think 'Boleh la menang, dah nama pun Skyline' but if you lose 'Wooohooo aku tadi main dengan Skyline menang siot!'

Contrary to what most people think, I don't drive fast ALL the time. Sometimes the fun part is going 80km/h at 3am on a Tuesday morning when there is no one else around and just enjoy the feeling of driving.

So tailgating specifically racers either wannabes or not is my pet peeve regarding Skyline ownership. What's yours?
agree with u Mr pimpim. when ever i use the nkve or the duke highway, there must be some cars will being tailgating me and the prob is....is only a K-car with HID light and big exhaust sound or sewaktu dgn nye.

so what do u do MR pimpin? ignore or challenge? i will prefer ignore but sometimes u ignore, there still tailgating u.:stupid:

geber

Known Member
May 18, 2004
[PIMPIN];1063543342 said:
The only chance to tailgate superior [PIMPIN]..other than that, get smoked :flybye:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hahaha all talk rubbish. Of course I move over lah. If not sure I malu kena whack kau kau 17 tiang

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car-1991 mit galant super saloon

doin a corner n feel the rear swinging n the front like...... understeeer. not sure also but i know very dangerous if continue to take corners wif such suspension.
so experts.....wat suggestion of Titan suspension system to improve? giv price also...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience