Shelby GT500KR confirmed as new K.I.T.T.

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

The rumor that K.I.T.T. will be played by a Mustang in the upcoming Knight Rider TV series appears to be true. That is, assuming someone with a lot of time on his hands didn't mock up a Hoff-ified Mustang just for the hell of it.

That's extremely doubtful, as the car you see above is actually wearing the body kit of a Shelby GT500KR, which isn't easy to come by for weekend projects. Nope, if we take the pic at face value, then the only conclusion possible is that K.I.T.T. will be played by a 550-horsepower Shelby GT500KR in black with silver racing stripes.

K.I.T.T.'s trademark running red light bar has been relocated up and into two nostrils that sit atop the GT500KR's hood. It's a natural fit, though we have to question the silver stripes that, while a trademark of the GT500KR, are totally harshing on K.I.T.T.'s blacked-out super stealth persona.

General Motors is probably a bit bummed that one of its cars wasn't tapped to play the part. But unless show creators agreed to a four-door K.I.T.T. and used the Pontiac G8, the car was definitely not going to be a Pontiac (we hear the Hoff can't fit in a Solstice). And GM is no stranger to stealing acting roles away from other automakers. Volkswagen is probably still pissed off that a Camaro played Bumblebee in Transformers.

Source:
Autoblog

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
why dont they use the new pontiacs ?

lennon, forgot about the ZO6 already ?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
why dont they use the new pontiacs ?

lennon, forgot about the ZO6 already ?
That might be exceptional, but Z06 is just only 1 US muscle car....... So basically most are still highways only......

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
well actually not just the Z versions the c5/c6 series are known for their handling by just sticking bigger tires on the rears !

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Long wheelbase and low-centered car are ingredients for good handling.....

Aug 30, 2006
It’s a vase difference from the original KITT, but then I do love the Mustang, we will see when the series is out, as for now I am happy something new….:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there guys,

I would like to know where are all the good & reliable exhaust shops in subang jaya area. Good skills, honest and also not so expensive. I would like to change the whole thing from extractor until the very end :biggrin: Gimme as many suggestions/recommendations as possible
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience