Share my DIY overhaul picture.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi guys,
I just want to share picture of my engine been overhauled by myself.
Please comment.....

P/s- I would like to thank for all members and sifu here for very informative thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I just use basic tools only bro. No power tools and air gun

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
make sure the same screw goes back to it's own place... :D
same also the torque on every screw...especially on main block n engine head...to prevent future leaking...

nice stuffs you doing there...keep us posted... :proud:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
did u skim the head also???

nice head cleaning....and how about piston and bottom end?...did u change ring and bearings???

nice work there

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
cute assistant u have there :biggrin:

nice job :wink:

:driver:
thanks...:biggrin:

did u skim the head also???

nice head cleaning....and how about piston and bottom end?...did u change ring and bearings???

nice work there

yes, did skim head a bit. just to make sure it is flat.
Head send to shop to chemical cleaning.
Piston ring and con rod bearing also changed. Forgot to upload picture up there.

Attachments

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
I have a ques. Is there any difference between the normal head gasket and TRD metal head gasket????

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
bro...if it is no trouble for you...mind to share the cost breakdown for the replaced parts...and where to get them...thanks...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
bro...if it is no trouble for you...mind to share the cost breakdown for the replaced parts...and where to get them...thanks...
Ok bro, I've not calculate yet total cost.
For the parts, I've bought it at spare part shop at kelana jaya. Why I go there? becoz near to my office and they have some original toyota spare part.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
One word: WOW!

Bro, u're the man. I think no one else here had rebuilt their engine by themselves, especially in their house compound. I'm totally stunned by looking at those photos and you're doing such a great job. I think pretty soon u can open up your own garage as well :)

Anyways, looks like your 20v had some pretty serious problem with sludge. So it would have been best to drop the block as well and clean up the block, conrod as well as the crankshaft. With no power tools, I think its okay but you need to get a proper torque gauge as torquing down all the bolts according to the specs are crucial. Also, with the piston removed, did u check if there's any damage/scratches to the cylinder wall? Most importantly, the size of each cylinder with relation to the piston ring clearance.

Also, while at it you could have p&p the head as well ;)

However, looks like ur engine rebuild is already complete and hope everything is ok. Good job! Hope to TT again once ur free...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Thanks bro pcmod,
At bottom side not sludge as head area.
Already check the cylinder block-no scratch can be detected.
Torque wrench-also did search for it but no luck to find with low range torque. Minimum torque wrench which I found is 40 N-m while head bolt need 30 N-m.

Tak sempat PNP bro, need spare money to service absorber. Maybe next time PNP.

TT-also looking for that to. But not easy leaving home without bringing my assistant together. Cannot TT dengan senang if her arround.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
For the spare part, total is about rm900 not include ball joint and stabalizer link.
For tools, its about rm180. But half of them i dont use.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

Do your guys have problem with ur proton satria suspension. problems like sound when go over uneven roads..

My ride is 10yrs old and hell is making lot's of sound when go over uneven road. I went to garage and it cost me Rm1K++ to have a new suspension. To get back the new car feel.

I wonder what parts do you guys normally change.. for example

1. lower arm front and rear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience