Sentra N16 Central Locking Problem

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Hi all sifus,

Need help to solve the problem with my N16 central locking problem, it died just like that

Recently (about 3 weeks back), had a new set of alarm installed (SPY Alarm). Today, all of sudden my central locking system failed to function (can't activate at all, brake lock, speed lock, button lock & door lock, even key turn can't trigger the central locking at all)

Checked all fuse but nothing wrong, all fuse working.

What is the problem here? How come it suddenly failed just like that?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Perhaps somewhere there is a loose wire? Bring it back to the shop where you installed the alarm system and have it checked

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Perhaps somewhere there is a loose wire? Bring it back to the shop where you installed the alarm system and have it checked
Hi Bro,

Brought it back to them but they can't find / figure out whats wrongs. Believe they must have screwed something somewhere but just dunno where.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Hi bro,
U need to send to the reliable wiring shop to find out,as some of those garage know only how to installed them,but cant solved the propble..
Hi Bro,

Any recommendation of a good wiring shop in PJ area? Nowadays lots of these so called workshop / accessories shop are really screwed up. In the process of doing something, they will end up creating dozens of other problem

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
Hi Bro,

Any recommendation of a good wiring shop in PJ area? Nowadays lots of these so called workshop / accessories shop are really screwed up. In the process of doing something, they will end up creating dozens of other problem
Hi Bro,
Before u need to spend any $$$,u can try to send ur car back to the garage and ask them to change a new set of alarm for u..when was this error happend after u installed its??

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Hi Bro,
Before u need to spend any $$$,u can try to send ur car back to the garage and ask them to change a new set of alarm for u..when was this error happend after u installed its??
The 1st set of alarm installed was screwed up & they changed a new set. Working well for the past 2 over weeks. On Saturday sent to the same shop to do up the audio system wiring & the central locking went dead the following day.

Sent my car to them yesterday but they are unable to detect whats wrong as all the fuse are working & they didn't detect any loose wiring. They asked me to send to a wiring workshop & if the fault is caused by them, they are willing to pay for the repair cost.

One way of another, i wouldn't want to send my car back to them for any wiring related work as i'm afraid that they may end up screwing more things

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
Ok,but honestly bro,cant really have the guts to recomend u a good n reliable wire-man,as i am afraid the things will become more worst..but,anyhow,i can try to help u ask my mechanic c whats those the advised or feedback thry throen back to me..

Thanks

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
i know one thing i used spy 2000 not sure correct model but it is spy..few years ago..it sucks
SPY 2000? The one with LCD remote control?

Actually, i believe the aftermarket alarm system are not so bad, just that the installer of these system screw things up only.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

tell them to change the sensor.....
Hi Danz,

Which sensor you are referring to? The alarm sensor or door sensor?

Actually suspected the central lock control module is out but the fun part is, i spent 2 night in the workshop trying to locate where the module is but no luck in finding it:banghead:.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all Sifus and master,

Hope all of u dun mind to share the experience with me...actually i on planning to convert my kancil (850cc) to Turbo Auto since this car is really-really convenient at city drive..if dun have a suited plug@play (Auto) 1000cc Turbo Engine For Kancil what about L2 and L5, can u share with me what about this 2 engine PROS and CONS w/o any modification done just as standard stock spec.:

1) Engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience