Second Offer For Lotus

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

It’s happening again, Proton has been approached a second time to see whether or not they are interested in selling their 63.75-percent share in Lotus. Again, there is no information about the new buyer and there still is no information regarding the first proposal.

Proton’s stock dropped by some 18-percent after their talks with Volkswagen ended, and this could be a reason why Proton might be interested in selling Lotus. The financial windfall that will be gained by Proton will be beneficial in the short-term, but yet again, the national automaker is dependent on Lotus’ technological innovation for future products. With an array of lackluster cars for customers, even with Lotus around, there is no imagining the type of automobiles Proton will be churning out for Malaysians if Lotus is sold.

On the bright side, we’re curious about which company made the offer and what would they benefit from the purchase of Lotus. A Malaysian supercar perhaps, or probably just better cars to offer the market.

doppelganger

Known Member
May 5, 2006
bump:D
Lotus should buy itself out from Proton...bcoz a major partner that cannot contribute anything is worthless....

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
Lotus should buy itself out from Proton...bcoz a major partner that cannot contribute anything is worthless....
cannot say like that also bro.... coz we don know whut hapen inside Lotus. Mayb, i said Maybe Proton got contribute in some way. we never know. if any Lotus insider came out and give us info, by then we can know whether Proton got contribute or not. am i right?

Racer_Lobb

Mar 16, 2006
How to buy themself if they contributed Rm100mil of proton's recent lost? They oso rugi Rm100mil, mcm mana nak beli diri sendiri...

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
cannot say like that also bro.... coz we don know whut hapen inside Lotus. Mayb, i said Maybe Proton got contribute in some way. we never know. if any Lotus insider came out and give us info, by then we can know whether Proton got contribute or not. am i right?
proton always talk big , if they really got contribute in any way, they will surely be shouting like crazy

voivod

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
63% share in Lotus and the only thing Proton got were "handling by Lotus" stickers...so much for Lotus technology!

Interfooler

Known Member
Sep 3, 2005
Ipoh/KL
63% share in Lotus and the only thing Proton got were "handling by Lotus" stickers...so much for Lotus technology!
That's lots more than the sticker. the satria and waja is one of the best handling cars in its class. even beat the heck out of honda and toyota. most proton owners settle on a proton just for its superb handling and are willing to forgive the crappy build quality. If its not becuz of lotus, proton would be a absolute piece of junk.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I am new here. I was intending to sell off my car but I guess my car is too sad to leave me.
Earlier today, some dumb ass motorcyclist coming in the wrong way, lost control and hit my car. He was a bloody kid woth no license. Thankfully, his dad was nice enough to pay for all the damages as i threatened to report this matter. Anyway, that's happened, so leave it.

Now, after a few years seeing my white car. I thought of changing the colour of my car.

I like the Milano Red but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience