Scraping a car

Feb 22, 2007
Hi..I intend to scrap my car. How do I go about it ?

I had just sold my car to a scrap yard for a mere RM300 for a Ford Laser 1982. Is this amount justifiable ?

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
yeah, thats the normal rate for a junk (no offense) coz the scrap yard does not bother with the dashboard, seats and other things than metal (rusty metal not including)...

i once sold my mitsubishi galant front bonnet for 20 sen...u get the picture or not? LOL

alexhay

Feb 22, 2007
hahaaa..yeah..i got it...i heard that the part that fetch the highest price is the engine block and gearbox. if the car without these 2 parts, then it does not even worth anything :)

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
I was quoted a lot higher for a Nissan B11, but reserved my intention due to sentimental values. Perhaps soon. 1k plus.
It was in running condition, valid road tax & cold aircon even! but rusted body all over.
If without grant it'll be around 500 max.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if its still running, sell to kampung people.. to those who has farm/padi field for daily work use.. still got price rather than junk..

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Luka,
the problem lies in the grant/roadtax renewal. Since it belongs to my late father in-law, and he has passed away more than 3 years now, the car cannot has it's roadtax renewed, until the car registered owner's name is changed. In order to change the name also lots of hassle since he didn't write a will.
So I can't really sell the car legally.
Unless you are talking about people who don't mind using the car roadtax-less, and insurance-less.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
darah hitam, there must be a way to remedy ur prob. even though ur father didnt leave any will, u still can show the police report to JPJ. try first.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
darahhitam is right . Lasttime i use my uncle kapcai also like that...he passed away and i am still continue use the bike and renew the roadtax until the registration card no more place for new stamping anymore...that was like 5-6 years after he passed away :(.....then give a JPJ runner trying to get it renew but he said pass so long already , case became complicated and need like RM300-600 to do all the job and its not easy since require cert of death and etc doc...then we end up let go the deal since the bike is also like 20 years...sell also worth like RM300 only....;)

Hope this info help...
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i still have my old 82 ford laser...just overhauled it...and enjoying it...sentimental value also...it has been a faithful car from i was young till now...
by the way...if u have such an old car and want to maintain it...dont worry about spare parts...there is a place which has a lot of spare parts...i think the supply can last ur car for 3 generation from now...hehe...

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Doink, I couldn't agree more.
It is indeed a good car, cheap parts, a true workhorse, but I wouldn't want to let it go if there is no problem with the roadtax renewal thingy.
Even prepared 5-litre of new coat ready to be sprayed on it (with some bodyworks - welding, knocking, etc) and it will cost me a mere RM700.

Plus having 3 old cars at the moment is killing me (softly).
And staying in a condo with limited car parks didn't help either.
LoL.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

when my car start it have some ngek ji ngek ji~~ sound.. but if my car run a long way or trip... the sound auto disapear... waht the problem??? the sound from engine area..... any shop can intro??? in KL.. thxx.... must fix the problem!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience