Scandinavian rednecks homemade dyno is all kinds of awesome w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

You can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on building an engine that could probably make enough power to counteract Earth’s gravitational forces but if you don’t get the tuning just right to extract the most out of that setup, it would have all gone to waste. The best way to tune a car is on a dynamometer, or dyno.

Having said that, it’s good to see that the most important part of this V8 engine-swapped Nissan 180SX build, the tuning, is given the utmost importance, with a homemade dyno constructed from the rear axle of a heavy-duty truck, some straps and plenty of prayer to Thor.

I’m sure in the head of the Scandinavian redneck that put this together, it makes perfect financial sense. Why waste so much money fine-tuning engine parameters on an expensive dyno when you can make your own?

While we have to say it does look ridiculously cool, especially that weird in-car turbo-exhaust setup, we’re not going to even bother telling you to not try this at home.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fwPuzEhB1LI" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i dont think dats a dynamometer? its more to a treadmill, lol. its a good idea jugek tu, safer to tune any car. the turbine and cooler in-cabin are very good ideas imo

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Need some feedback on getting a new set of suspension.

I know i shouldn't be comparing but i need opinions on both absorbers from existing users. I'm more of a comfort oriented person and my current stock absorbers are too soft and my car quite easily scrapes against the road when going thru a bumpy road. I talked to HWL salesman and apparently he can get a softer spring to match with the HWL adjustables as in stock form, HWL are actually very hard.

On the other hand, i spoke to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience