Satria Wide Body

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Hi. I have this dumb problem with my car when I drive over a groove or when taking corner hard. The tyres will touch the fender/car body when I corner hard. As such, I have decided to attempt to find someone or some place that can do wide body.
I require that the fender be CUT so that the wheel arch will be wider, and then a wide wheel arch will have to be put on the fender so that the arch will be wide enough that my tyres won't touch it when I corner hard.

Anybody knows what I'm talking about? If yes, anybody knows where I can do this wide wheel arch job? I intend to do it for front and rear.

Or do y'all recommend just to change the absorbers and springs to one that is not so low?

Thanks.

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
its quite normal that happens if u 'potong' ur springs to lower ur car.. did u potong? usually stock wont hit unless u carry alot of ppl in the car. doing wide body is a waste of money if u wanna solve the problem and i think its not hitting the fender but hitting the mud guard. for my own opinion u either change back to stock or change ur suspension system to adj hi/lo... just my 20 cents

basikalmerah

Known Member
May 2, 2006
yeah...dont lowered your suspension larrr....get a better abs and hard spring...nice drive brother...

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
The problem does not necessary come from the sport spring. Sometimes, using a rim with wrong offset can also cause this. If you want to keep the lowered look, try source out for rim that have the correct offset with your car.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
u also can try use stiffer springs...but will compromise on ur ride...but handling will be better...stiffer spring and stiffer absorber....hehe...changing to track car d...

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
yeah the solutions are either sacrifice those rims for ones that have a different offset (around 38-40 for protons generally - may compromise looks) or reduce ur suspension travel by installing stiffer springs and/or shocks - will compromise ride comfort.

Going widened fenders just to fit the tires does not sound very practical or cost friendly, unless u indulge urself and go crazy with the whole body (yummy) TA-DA!! taikor jerry just got even more scarier! :cabut: LOL

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Thanks for all your replies. Appreciate it.

I'll answer all of y'all at one go. hehehe
I didn't cut my springs. I'm using APM springs all round, front absorbers are GAB, and rear absorbers are Koni. I'm not sure what offsets are my rims but my tyres looks kinda fat. I'm using 195/50/R15 Yokohama AD07. It looks kinda broad on my rims but I guess if it's 195, then it's a 195. These are my rims.

I am planning to change to HWL adjustables but that has yet to come through. My fender has been damaged a bit so I thought since i'm going to get my fenders fixed, I might as well do a bit of wide body. I like my rims and I don't think I'll be changing my rims, although I kinda got my eyes on another rims. hahaha

So y'all suggest to change my suspension systems, or change my rims. Anybody has a spare 15" rims that I can use? hahahaha

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Motor Trend magazine reported a spokesperson from Subaru in America confirmed that the next generation WRX will return to the 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer engine.

Subaru would be turbocharging the FA20 unit found in the Subaru BRZ with a targeted output of 270bhp.

The FA20 engine, which in naturally aspirated form produces...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience