Satria wheel problem

KhalilK

Sep 7, 2009
Subang Jaya
hi guys, it seems my right front wheel is not centered in my wheel arch. ive gone to quite a few workshops in the hope of finding out what may be the problem and they've all told me different things. One shop told me i need to change my lower arms. Another shop said my chassis needs straightening. Another shop said i'll need to change both my front suspension subframe and my lower arm and a few other places told me that its a design problem and it can't be fixed. the alignment is fine and the car is stable even at 180km/h. it just looks ugly.

anyone know what may be the cause of this ? i want to sort it out once and for all as i'm sending my car in for a complete respray soon.

here's a pic to show what i mean,

previously, the front left wheel was centered and the front right wheel look pushed back abit by maybe an inch. then i changed the subframe and lower arms and both the left wheel and the right wheel looked pushed back but only by a couple of cm. after a couple of months, the right wheel now looks like the pic above. it's off centre by around 2 inches.

any ideas would be great. i dont want to spend more money only to have the problem come back again.

Venom 1300

Mar 8, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i have the same problem with my right wheel.. after changing the whole lower arm much better but still off center a little bit:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i can almost confirm this was normal problem for satria mirage model...

since i got 2unit of this car...both was having this problem.... (1 groupN 1.6 rally car and one street stock 1.6 car)

one on left hand side....(rally car) <<hit a tree in rally and damage to the chasis a little bit explain this...

but on the other one is on right hand side...never been on accident...and all bushing/arm was fine

since alignment/chamber/toe was done recently and handling wasn't affected...so i don't really bother it and it wasn't really obvious (for me) on the appearance... :sleep:

Venom 1300

Mar 8, 2005
Petaling Jaya
The latest problem i have now, my right rear gap between the wheel and body slightly lower the the left side.. had this problem in the front so i changed a whole set of brand new GAB lowered springs now the problem is at the back :bawling: can anyone explain why? Absorbers (less than a year old), Springs (2-3 weeks old). Recently changed the rear absorber mountings as well still problem not solved :hmmmm:

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I'm guessing that your spring needs replacement. I guess height problem are usually related to springs.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Hmmm, springs are new? What springs are those? I heard from somewhere that this is a common problem using sport springs in Satria. Maybe try to check the length of both the springs?

Venom 1300

Mar 8, 2005
Petaling Jaya
GEFORCEXTREME : Yes, brand new springs.. G.A.B. brand to be exact.

DanzEterna : Already considered that b4 but my absorbers are still new.. nobody would wanna buy it if im selling :bawling:

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my 97 model satria also facing this kind of prob..
front left is pushed forward left 3 fingers gap and front right push backwards 1 inch or a lil more.
when hard acceleration, it will steer to right but not when smooth accel or free gear cruishing so definitely not alignmemt.
it is chassi prob or lower arm?
other than that handling quite ok except some krok krok sound when very slow moving or pass speed bump

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For some unknown reason,Sultan allowed this magazine to take an in-depth look on the world most talked garages throughout all the motorhead & enthusiasts.
Wheels mag(Issue:?? ) has been allowed to talk with some of the mechanics(that still work) on how sultan's obsession has grown uncontrollable & how the big name of automotive player deals with his crazy consumption of automobiles.

Here is some of the scanned page...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience