Satria R3 ??...Its a Satria lah...no matter...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jimmy_ray

RM 77,xxx.xx for a Satria?? Please do not confuse man, it its still a Satria no matter
it is R3,R2,RS A, B, C, type R, type KK and bla bla bla, It is still a Satria.

Spending RM 77K for this ?? R3, I told you you spend RM 20 K++ for a second hand
Satria add on RM 10 K extra, I am sure your Satria are better than this #@%& R3.
You can save RM 20 K - 40 K.

You may go for latest choice Myvy, 1.3 Toyota K3 engine. Its a new car with reasoable price, come with ABS and air bag.

Else you may have a better choice, go for BMW 325i year 93-95 M/T 200HP, rear wheel drive,
ABS, respectation brand name, comfordable, powerful,quiet and etc just for RM65K.

Dam, can you imagine that you take R3 to KL Plaza and I am driving BMW with some M body kit to there, when we get down the car at the same time, whom will the Coffe Bean people looking at?? you have the better answer.

They claim that R3 are limited edition, hand make, lighter, power and etc. Remember, they introduce R3 on last year or even earlier, till today still they are plenty of R3 for clearence,
means can not sell!! Satria already start selling on year 199X, 15 years plus today they still selling as a new car just add a name R3, do you all undestand what I mean??!!
It is Satria actually!!!

Please think b 4 you buy.

Last edited:
I'm not even going to respond to this directly because I am stupified by your statements, but you should think in more than just *1* direction, friend.

jimmy_ray said:
RM 77,xxx.xx for a Satria?? Please do not confuse man, it its still a Satria no matter
it is R3,R2,RS A, B, C, type R, type KK and bla bla bla, It is still a Satria.

Spending RM 77K for this ?? R3, I told you you spend RM 20 K++ for a second hand
Satria add on RM 10 K extra, I am sure your Satria are better than this #@%& R3.
You can save RM 20 K - 40 K.

You may go for latest choice Myvy, 1.3 Toyota K3 engine. Its a new car with reasoable price, come with ABS and air bag.

Else you may have a better choice, go for BMW 325i year 93-95 M/T 200HP, rear wheel drive,
ABS, respectation brand name, comfordable, powerful,quiet and etc just for RM65K.

Dam, can you imagine that you take R3 to KL Plaza and I am driving BMW with some M body kit to there, when we get down the car at the same time, whom will the Coffe Bean people looking at?? you have the better answer.

They claim that R3 are limited edition, hand make, lighter, power and etc. Remember, they introduce R3 on last year or even earlier, till today still they are plenty of R3 for clearence,
means can not sell!! Satria already start selling on year 199X, 15 years plus today they still selling as a new car just add a name R3, do you all undestand what I mean??!!
It is Satria actually!!!

Please think b 4 you buy.

first and foremost, what a rude remark you give to the public on this matter, especially current R3 owners, the designers and those who are directly involved in the R3 project.

RM77K for a satria? GTi and putra also almost the same price what when they were launched. how come now still got people buy?

yes, it is still a satria. so does a civic no matter type R, S, B, or whatever type you can imagine. people got their own preference.

second hand satria? still...second hand rite? aged by wear and tear, owned by others before you...whacked before you own it. still, prople got their own choice and preference. and you dare to compare a 1.3 satria is better than R3? :D

why you want to compare something of a diffrent class? you want to compare? compare with the same level. a BMW will cost tons more if NEW and a R3? still below 100K. how?

BMW 325 got 200hp? sure or not?!?!?!??! :eek: 10 year old car?!?!??!?! :eek: aiyo...67K somore?! and old model E36?!?!?!??! :eek: friend! you joking or what?

if you go KL plaza with whatever bodykits you have on your E36, then a Spanking new E46 comes over and the jockey serves the newer BMW than your 10 year old 3 series, how ah? :D

no matter what you do, it's still a 10 year old E36 BMW!!! nothing will outshine a newer car.

i believe you are not a car enthusiast. not being so will derieve you of the advantages hidden in the R3.

Please. make a constructive comment to the forum. It is sad to see someone condemming a product because he just dont like it. :mad:

moe6 said:
I'm not even going to respond to this directly because I am stupified by your statements, but you should think in more than just *1* direction, friend.

agree to this statement. u cant just compare it the way u did. kinda offensive to owners of R3

no matter how hard you tune a satria,it's still a satria too, it wont be a R3.
and the tuned satria ius still a used car la.
you trust yourself better than the proton engineer?
one more thing, R3 is original.

hmm

in all fairness, i think its alrite for him to say, since we can have ppl praising how R3 is, so we should also be open minded to accept otherwise comments. HOWEVER, the points he made were not so constructive and justifiable in terms of the points he mentioned:

- r3 less prestigious than BMW : true, but not in this case, its against an OLD e36 !! to me ...so wat even if it is an M3 ?

- r3 raises less eyebrows ? I dun think so, the statements are ppl from coffee bean wont even look at it ? Not at all if the ppl in there r youngsters I belive

- However to say R3 is a better original modded spec compared to others? I dun agree to this, so wat is original ? satria 1.3 ? GTI ? R3 ? putra ? how about other modded protons ?
Just becoz R/3 is so called tuned from factory n rolled out as stock, this shouldnt condemned the rest. I am not talking abt cheapo modding like any tom dick and harry ah beng kind of mod, but ppl who have modded the protons accordingly to gud aftermarket specs, such as GSR, EVOs, MIVECs etc etc...

maybe he just got smoke by r3 and he is piss offed..
unless u are jeramy clarkson..i would take yr advise..but still again is up to the person itself...he got money and want to buy let him be lar...r3 r2 a b c d e f......its a Malaysian car..and i am proud of it even thou i dont own one.

cheers mate..go do some exercise and release stress..

DDgreystar said:
in all fairness, i think its alrite for him to say, since we can have ppl praising how R3 is, so we should also be open minded to accept otherwise comments. HOWEVER, the points he made were not so constructive and justifiable in terms of the points he mentioned:

- r3 less prestigious than BMW : true, but not in this case, its against an OLD e36 !! to me ...so wat even if it is an M3 ?

- r3 raises less eyebrows ? I dun think so, the statements are ppl from coffee bean wont even look at it ? Not at all if the ppl in there r youngsters I belive

- However to say R3 is a better original modded spec compared to others? I dun agree to this, so wat is original ? satria 1.3 ? GTI ? R3 ? putra ? how about other modded protons ?
Just becoz R/3 is so called tuned from factory n rolled out as stock, this shouldnt condemned the rest. I am not talking abt cheapo modding like any tom dick and harry ah beng kind of mod, but ppl who have modded the protons accordingly to gud aftermarket specs, such as GSR, EVOs, MIVECs etc etc...

At lease I saw some one which is more matured respond and answer. It is not that I am compare an apple with durian, as a conclusion, it is not not worth to spend this money on a @#$R3. Since you have this budget, try to not get in to a hole as this is part of Satria failure market strategy. If you have a R3, just keep it on, for those who don not have it, and plan to have it , please............

Not just this, have your guy experince with this. say you bought XXXton can on year 2000, when you are about to sell it off, you realise that the car is actually register on year
2000 but with a 1999 production date, so that the selling price must follow 1999. Sounds familia is it???!!!

Any body need advice before go for XXXton, I am always ready for it.

Last edited:
MitonCT26 said:
first and foremost, what a rude remark you give to the public on this matter, especially current R3 owners, the designers and those who are directly involved in the R3 project.

RM77K for a satria? GTi and putra also almost the same price what when they were launched. how come now still got people buy?

yes, it is still a satria. so does a civic no matter type R, S, B, or whatever type you can imagine. people got their own preference.

second hand satria? still...second hand rite? aged by wear and tear, owned by others before you...whacked before you own it. still, prople got their own choice and preference. and you dare to compare a 1.3 satria is better than R3? :D

why you want to compare something of a diffrent class? you want to compare? compare with the same level. a BMW will cost tons more if NEW and a R3? still below 100K. how?

BMW 325 got 200hp? sure or not?!?!?!??! :eek: 10 year old car?!?!??!?! :eek: aiyo...67K somore?! and old model E36?!?!?!??! :eek: friend! you joking or what?

if you go KL plaza with whatever bodykits you have on your E36, then a Spanking new E46 comes over and the jockey serves the newer BMW than your 10 year old 3 series, how ah? :D

no matter what you do, it's still a 10 year old E36 BMW!!! nothing will outshine a newer car.

i believe you are not a car enthusiast. not being so will derieve you of the advantages hidden in the R3.

Please. make a constructive comment to the forum. It is sad to see someone condemming a product because he just dont like it. :mad:

they are no proton engineer, designer, R3 project or craft man, they do not have choice, they have to follow every thing from japan big player Mitsubishi, its all because they don want to get their self ready.

you looks like still young, I have my Toyota SEG and experience a BMW 325 M/T before, both cheaper, older yet perform better. Not just both of them, lots of them out there waiting for us to discover on it

jimmy_ray said:
they are no proton engineer, designer, R3 project or craft man, they do not have choice, they have to follow every thing from japan big player Mitsubishi, its all because they don want to get their self ready.

you looks like still young, I have my Toyota SEG and experience a BMW 325 M/T before, both cheaper, older yet perform better. Not just both of them, lots of them out there waiting for us to discover on it

Enough said

----lol all the way back to work!! Joke of the Day

For a start, what is said is nothing new. All that has been ranted has been ranted.

BTW...lots of leng lui in Cititel waiting for us to discover them too...all cheaper than real gf, older yet perform better :D

FYI, I will surely be very impressed/amazed by the R3, would like to meet the owner and ask permission to see the car if he havnt got lansi face. And the BMW? Naaahh, not another BMW.

my pov.

Biggest load of bull I've ever seen in 2 days (given the internet). Try naming me one BRAND NEW car that will out-perform the R3 in terms of performance?

The second hand car's market is a different category altogether. While second hand cars are a better buy, someone's gotta sucker up the major depreciation first-handedly, and by all means they have my respect!

A 10 year old BMW is going to give you headaches in maintenance as well, if youre a fussy owner.

Peace out.

ambayah said:
FYI, I will surely be very impressed/amazed by the R3, would like to meet the owner and ask permission to see the car if he havnt got lansi face. And the BMW? Naaahh, not another BMW.

my pov.

hornestly, xxxton still playing with their packaging strategy. When things
can not be sell, they will repackage the old product and resell again with
new look ( change name, add sport rim, clor, ekzos and bla bla bla ),
then put nice advertisemnet to resell the item.

Unfortunately, inside are same 15years back technology. I really hope that xxxton
come out with some thing meaningful, sorry, not the GXn 2 please ( another failure)

I am here to voice out thousand and thousand ppl feedback after go for xxxton.

jimmy_ray said:

Unfortunately, inside are same 15years back technology. I really hope that xxxton
come out with some thing meaningful, sorry, not the GXn 2 please ( another failure)

I completely agree with you. I was also talking about attention, I am very sure if you drive a limited edition R3, you will get more 'head turns' then an old BMW, especially people who know what R3 is.

Zeroed said:
Biggest load of bull I've ever seen in 2 days (given the internet). Try naming me one BRAND NEW car that will out-perform the R3 in terms of performance?

The second hand car's market is a different category altogether. While second hand cars are a better buy, someone's gotta sucker up the major depreciation first-handedly, and by all means they have my respect!

A 10 year old BMW is going to give you headaches in maintenance as well, if youre a fussy owner.

Peace out.

Yah matured.....

ambayah said:
I completely agree with you. I was also talking about attention, I am very sure if you drive a limited edition R3, you will get more 'head turns' then an old BMW, especially people who know what R3 is.

Ha, still young. Spending RM77 K for attention???? Your attention may too costly and
bluffing the others. When you walking at Jalan Tun Razak, if you grab 10 car, 9 of them are
xxxton , who going to look at your @#$R3.

I can give you some free course to increase your " attention" knowledge.

Last edited:
jimmy_ray said:

That part I agree with you, the relaunched Putra is a joke... they didnt even bother to update the bumpers. But they removed the ABS (I hear), ha. And special edition Iswaras, collector's edition Wiras... sigh.

But the R3 is a pretty good buy I think. Old in technology, but still worthy of the GTi badge. Personally I wouldnt buy a brand new R3 - there are better deals in the 2nd hand market - but for those who refuse a second hand car and want some performance for RM80k its gotta be this one. Its also more than cosmetics with seam welding and other mechanical updates...

Top Bottom