Satria neo

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
What GT_Auto meant was that if your using E-manage but your engine mods are minor, it would be pointless, as piggybacks / standalones are the last things you need to tweak once you've done internal engine parts such as camshafts. E-Manage alone wont get much HP / torque, plus if you modify the engine later, you have to send it for a another tuning session.

Not considering Unichip Q+?

Anyhow; Currently, my FC after much calculations stands at about 8.64L/ 100KM.
80% city drive (shah alam, lots and lots of speedbumps/traffic light/roundabout)
The most i can squeeze out of the car is 440km.
On 75% highway (Raya season), max for full tank was close to 500km (with rempit time)

p/s: Minor mods only, KNN Drop In.

anyhoo, there are R3 kits out there (imitation) that is made out of fibre and is great in quality.
one example;
http://satrianeor3.wordpress.com
I am very much impressed with the fact that it has the TOW hole.
But nothing beats the original R3 kits itself.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Currently running on ICS.
better millage , better low end response and pull
my car ( 1.6 A/T) 85% long distance traveling get 300kms for half tank with average of 90-100kph.
mods : drop in steel mesh filter

Prototype was tested on 4 cars , recording better 0-100 times.

Easy to maintain , easy to install.

ICS ?? whats that ??

it's a prototype..:adore:

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
o maybe juz swap a 4g63t play front wheels ok liao :P

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
original car 1.6 (m) town driving no jam rm100 450-500km .... town driving everday jam rm100 250-300km .... highways rm100 500-520km ....

depends how u drive one la ... i think satria neo cannot drive pickup one la ... play 123 ... 123 u bankcrupt .... but highway pickup very good superb .... overtaking sometime also no need shift down just open throttle done .....

Voxism

Dec 13, 2008
wow.. just noticed this thread..

hehe neo 1.6 AUTO owner here also..

about the r3 bodykit.. hehe i m using original r3.. yup it is FRP... many claim that is was Fiberglass also.. but after pointing out from a fiber guy.. he flaim that it was a FRP type.. it is more durable..

anyway hell ya, satria neo FC really drink like water..

i heard they say after 10k km service should be ok?? izit true??

Bump: wow.. just noticed this thread..

hehe neo 1.6 AUTO owner here also..

about the r3 bodykit.. hehe i m using original r3.. yup it is FRP... many claim that is was Fiberglass also.. but after pointing out from a fiber guy.. he flaim that it was a FRP type.. it is more durable..

anyway hell ya, satria neo FC really drink like water..

i heard they say after 10k km service should be ok?? izit true??

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
Cool~ 1.6 Satria kaki a lot here.

The auto sucks the living daylights of FC plus a chunk of torque. If you wanted better FC you should have gone with the extra left peddle veriaty.

I am trading in my 1996 Satria 1.6AT end of this month for the new NEO CPS. And yes I am taking the manual. Test driven it last Sunday (AT version) from Glenmarie showroom trough BMW then towards the Proton Parts Warehouse and back. Yes a bit sluggish at low revs but starting at 4.5k rpm I understand what the CPS can do. The handling? Comfortable and yet good for some spirited B road driving. Imagine the mods that could be done on that piece and going to figure out a way to remove the 190km speed cap and getting rid of the stock ICE.

Anyone else have test driven the NEO CPS?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I just did...out of curiosity as I got hold of my neo 1.6 manual last september. I couldnt feel any difference from the campro.

I like the new fender and wheel arches...like the satria GTI...

going to fit mine soon with the R3 bodykit finally as the prices are coming down...good for us guys when more kits get here.

Bump: I just did...out of curiosity as I got hold of my neo 1.6 manual last september. I couldnt feel any difference from the campro.

going to fit mine soon with the R3 bodykit finally as the prices are coming down...good for us guys when more kits get here.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I just did...out of curiosity as I got hold of my neo 1.6 manual last september. I couldnt feel any difference from the campro.

Bump: I just did...out of curiosity as I got hold of my neo 1.6 manual last september. I couldnt feel any difference from the campro.

Honestly I dont think those who just bought their NEO 1.6 hi-line need to have a heartache because the CPS version is out. It just have leather seats a tiny mod on the wheels set-up and an angine that is just a wee bit more powerful and of course that bodykit.

If those who have all the intention to totally go bonkers on mods and such do take the M-line Neo instead....better value and the best part is your old standard parts have good second hand value~ bumber, spoiler and etc...

Yes the R3 bodykit is far better looking than the Neo CPS~ But personally I am not the sort to mess around with bodykits and swapping them like Christmas presents....and that is the sole reason (apart from cant afford the NeoR3) I paid the d/p for the N-CPS.

Bump: owh....and good for you Frank. Better make sure the installers do an immaculate job~ nice kit but sagging once installed is like watching Giselle Bundchen wearing Margarate Thatcher's undies.

Bump: owh....and good for you Frank. Better make sure the installers do an immaculate job~ nice kit but sagging once installed is like watching Giselle Bundchen wearing Margarate Thatcher's undies.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Ha ha good one Achme...yeah..been doing some research on installers and asking around...the good ones ..I cant afford...so I guess I have go recommendations. There's this guy who advertises in the marketplace...Akem...called him and he sent me some pics on his installed work.

Seemed interesting...will go see myself first...price was fair...unless you have experience with one.

Bump: Ha ha good one Achme...yeah..been doing some research on installers and asking around...the good ones ..I cant afford...so I guess I have go recommendations. There's this guy who advertises in the marketplace...Akem...called him and he sent me some pics on his installed work.

Seemed interesting...will go see myself first...price was fair...unless you have experience with one.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Sometimes paying a little bit more is alright...as long as the workmanship is good...and their service is friendly with a smile. Most kit shops i go to for my old 1.6 were either not worth the money for the product or still not worth the money with really bad cipet staff.

So go for good products, with good service (installation) and friendly support staff.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Guys...I had my first of many mods on my Neo yesterday...felt like a kid all over again...had a full exhaust done up with drop in filter...and not the noisy type exhaust. I guess I voided my warranty (6 months old) but what the heck...proton overcharges everything anyways.

Guys...what do u guys think of lightened crank pulleys? They any good?

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Guys...I had my first of many mods on my Neo yesterday...felt like a kid all over again...had a full exhaust done up with drop in filter...and not the noisy type exhaust. I guess I voided my warranty (6 months old) but what the heck...proton overcharges everything anyways.

Yes they are good especially when you use more extreme cams and lightened flywheel~ if it is all by itself it does not give much gain but looks darn good.

wormyx

Known Member
Mar 2, 2008

so what have ur new exhaust system improved ?? fc ?? pick up ?? top speed ??

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Mid torque seemed a little less though...but upper end was smooother and it seemed it could go on and on....

I thought it would have been the other way round, gaining more pick up in lower gears.

Hmmm....The best thing was it sounded almost like stock standard until about 3200 rpm's.

I am shopping for an affordable cam pulley now cause I heard from all the comments given that would even out the loss I felt in the lower gears...

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Mid torque seemed a little less though...but upper end was smooother and it seemed it could go on and on....

I thought it would have been the other way round, gaining more pick up in lower gears.

Hmmm....The best thing was it sounded almost like stock standard until about 3200 rpm's.

I am shopping for an affordable cam pulley now cause I heard from all the comments given that would even out the loss I felt in the lower gears...
Eh~ what exhaust you got laaa? I am thinking of changing my CPS stock~ but I heard it's manifold diameter is bigger than standard campro block. True ka?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I went with the hotbits as advised with a zenden muffler...no hoohaa...about the manifold...not sure...if its the same or bigger...

shawnho

Known Member
Mar 31, 2009
Haha. I agree Neo is heavier. But Neo is a very good handling car.:rolleyes: