xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
hehe...so glad to start this new thread 1st
come on share share share pplz!!

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
I wanna ask if GSR use 4g93 block what must be done to avoid detonation? Besides metal gasket, what can be done to compensate for na block's lack of oil squirters? Use oil cooler? Any other ways? Thx!

gti_5555

Known Member
May 5, 2005
PJ
if you're using for street race or daily use is fine...just use better engine oil...im using GSR with 4g93 block also..so far nothing happen..

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
bro mind 2 share ur car's detail?
how many bar are u boosting?
chg any internals?

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
if you're using for street race or daily use is fine...just use better engine oil...im using GSR with 4g93 block also..so far nothing happen..
Thanks for sharing bro, glad to hear from someone that says its ok cause most ppl will surely say i shud change pistons to GSR ones and thicker metal gasket etc.....
Bro, which type of engine oil you recommend? And change interval? How many bar of boost is consider safe?
Thanks alot in advance:adore:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
okok so i had chg my airflow sensor to gsr 449 as my stock one is giving me problem
chged cz my old afs cz the check engine light doesnt go away
but prob is after i chged...during idle the car jerks...when im crusing at 5th gear...when i release and press the throttle again..the car jerks...nw the check engine light lights up once in a while...
y is this so?ecu has been rechip frm na mapping to turbo mapping...my engine is 4g93p bot

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Any GSR kaki here using Satria GTI? I wanna hear some good and bad about GSR...

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
Any GSR kaki here using Satria GTI? I wanna hear some good and bad about GSR...
good for daily use but for upgrading mod,boosting or racing got to install lot of thing to be good

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
question for GTi owner..
been wondering for sooo long already..

how the performance of the abs brake system..
bring more good or more bad..
some say good some say not good..
some even disable the system..
so need gti otai help about this..

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
ABS = anti-lock braking system

its good, why take it out?

its to prevent locking on your wheel under hard braking or when you brake and you skid, with the ABS you still can control your car and move it left/right... without the ABS, under a skid no matter how you turn you will still be going straight and unable to control your car.

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
ok good point there..
also understand it..
but want to know the abs brake system performance on gti..
on gti only..
that why ask gti otai..
any good or bad experience on this..

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
i used to drive a gti, so sometimes under hard braking i experience the ABS. the brake pedals will vibrate a lot. it worked for me, braking hard till skidding but still able to turn.

but i had a problem with my abs system, maybe it was dirty or faulty in the long run, often it will activate itself and make my braking feel funny. imagine just normal braking but you feel your paddle vibrate as though the ABS was activated. :hmmmm:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
waaa.. like that ka..
does the funny braking feel effect the brake performance..
mean like u can stop in time or not..

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
well the abs on the gti its quite sensitive
it activates quite easily one u applied the pressure
my fren took out the abs...he said its much fun without it
diff ppl have diff feel...hehe

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
it depends on how hard you drive your car daily. if you speed a lot, you're bound to brake a lot as well. so during rainy days where road is wet and slippery, if you dont speed, you wont be needing the ABS cause you wont do hard braking that will lock your tires. but u never know what will happen, sometimes you might need to jam brake and its when ABS can help out a bit haha. unless you are damn pro to keep pressing and let go your brakes and try to simulate the ABS pulsing lol... the fella behind you will wonder wtf are you doing.

its just a safety sort of small system in the GTi to market it. afterall, its a performance car, and ABS + airbag etc in it brands it higher than its current breed of other satrias.

slipar: well braking still works, just that when the ABS has problem, either dirty or faulty, replace it and then settle already. ABS works as it should, to prevent you from locking your tires, and allowing you to lock and turn as compared to lock and keep going straight. normal braking, good brake pads + steelbraided hoses can improve your braking.

xinghonh: maybe your friend's ABS is dirty already. I encountered that problem before where any braking point will activate the ABS and cause the brake pedal to be bouncy. i think i sent to clean it and stuff and it was fine. sometimes that ABS check light always seem to be on and annoying :banghead:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
waaa.. still much to learn lor like this..
thanx alot ya bro dawg..
maybe will test GTi abs braking system after this..
see it suit my braking style or not..
do i got my own braking style.. heheh..
so any other GTi otai want to share their knowledge about abs brake or anything bout the GTi..
me just curious..:hmmmm:

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
lol dude, be safe when you are testing your ABS! one thing i notice that can trigger the ABS is in bumpy roads. If you got area where u got a bit of uneven bumpy tarmac, you can try to brake hard on those area and then your brake pedal will suddenly go soft + vibrates a lot. When that happens you can try to turn and see if you can control where you want to go under ABS activated. be safe man, not just to yourself but to others. best to test in a very very secluded sandy area / slightly wet area with no people/cars.

btw about your GTi, are you using the siemens ECU or the mitsu ECU?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
my bad experience bout abs is when u brake and suddenly u hit a pothole or manhole...the abs will be activated and u'll feel like the brake wont grip at all...the brake keep releasing the pressure from gripping the disc...need to release the brake pedal and press the pedal again to eliminate the abs effect...

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
^ yep egnine, exactly what i felt when i crossed those yellow bumpy lines. to cancel out the ABS effect, just need to release the brake, so your tyres aint skidding anymore, then apply normal braking pressure and u will brake as per normal.

maybe this is the reason why people dont like the ABS.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday night when i was sleeping,i got a phone call from a public booth.it was my friend who lives in starpark.
he was very scared on the phone and informed me that someone tryed to kill him. after i got his location,i was like van desal...right after his friend was shot buy the 2 angry motorist in fast and fierous .....
my sleep was all clear and about 230am i call a couple of my friends and in fifteen min thay were standby in front of my house i grabed about five parang and stuck it in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience