ROUND 1 - Constructive Critcism Please

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
why the commentator don't give a chance to tsuchiya to be a japanese commentator? i really missed it that day..( even i dont understand what will he says hehe..) i hope next time it will be happen huhuhu..

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Hi Demon,

I hope you all can consider marking the outside of the course with something less damaging than the water-filled plastic barriers, especially on the faster turns, which, in Shah Alam's case, is the 1st turn. From what I see, it's doing more damage than good.

I think majority of the drifters would like to have more margin for errors ie. some run-off after going off-track before hitting something. Impact sponges do a great job stopping cars without damaging them too much.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Also, I've spoken to Ginnie regarding the placement of the official D1 stickers. I hope the organiser can consider giving more placement option to the square sponsor sticker ie. can be placed on front fenders/door instead of strictly on the door only. This way we can have the D1 stickers on our cars without messing up the stickers of our personal sponsor. It's better for the organisers/sponsors as well since we can leave the sticker there instead of tearing it off after the event.

You can refer to the D1GP standard.
http://www.d1gp.co.jp/2006_decare_position.pdf
http://www.d1gp.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=15

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
KP61,

err... where u referring to? i think i wrote SAFETY DOES COME FIRST IN D1.. unless it was a typo or i baca salah.. forgive me if i'm wrong tho'.

MrNIsmo,

i think if u've spoken to ginnie bout it, then i'll remind her about it again and see wat the outcome is. D1 Corp. controls the placement of official comp. stickers, we'll see wat they say about it...

Thanks again for the feedback guys..

Last edited:

esta_caco

Dec 19, 2005
congratulations to R3 & Amprex who have made d1gp malaysia the most anticipated event in our motorsport calender!

there's only one thing that im not used to yet in the event....
about the commentator...can we get someone else?
i dont know about u guys but his jokes are not funny & somewhat turn-offs for a hot event such as this...

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
esta_caco & glanza,

maybe you are not familliar with the commentator, Sutan, as he has been the SSO commentator since April last year and many SSO paricipants & spectators are generaly happy with him.

R3 are satisfied with his performance as he has developed and understanding of the sport(being a race driver & driving instructor) and is able to convey to the public.

To get someone else and develope will take time and may not have the same overall effect desired.

Keichi Tsuchiya himself has nicknamed Sutan Malaysia's Mana-P (Manabu Suzuki-D1GP Commentator/clown).

Changing to a Japanese comontator that only a handful understand defeats the purpose of having the sport brought to the public.

nottyeddy

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Somewhere in kl
www.drift.com.my
i personally would prefer a japanese commentator to commentate a drift event.. so used to watching mana-p, keiichi, orido.. doesn't need to understand.. just the way the deliver is much more entertaining.. anyways.. i was just below the judging stand and i can hear tsuchiyasan's commentating in japanese.. better than hearing the loud noise from the other end of the judging stand..

driftcraze1

Feb 9, 2004
as this is the biggest D1 event in this region, there is not much media coverage either before or even after the event...

Last edited:

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Sutan has improved a lot since the first time he commentate on SSO a while a go.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
The parking charges are way off the roof. RM5!! I suggest they fix it at RM3. Even supermarkets charge RM3 for weekends. Or charge RM1 just to get people park to in. Rather than causing traffic jams by the roadside. Also don't forget signs to indicate parking for spectators.

The hillside is a good place to see the action. But the trees are a bummer. Where is MK? hehehe

3 more months to plan, get sponsors, make signs, promotions, blah blah. Is it enough? I wonder if everyone in D1, (not competitors) have time for it at all. But since this is first event, i guess its ok.

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
actually.. no.. not enough time nor man power.... but we'll give it our best... and with good support from the competitors & spectators... we hope it'll be a great success and enjoy D1 Grand Prix Malaysia for years to come..

thanks!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok lets get down sifu sifu..
Budget for transplant 10k

This is what i have found so far
we put high price so doesnt run out of
budget later in real transplant ok :)

Halfcut GSR 4G93T
Best condition is about 6000 (Non-Lsd gearbox)
Vr4 intercooler is about 500
Vr4 stainless steel pipe 500
Vr4 twinport brakes 800
total = 7800

what i can sell from this is
GSR front brake disc = 200-300
GSR original intercooler = 200-300
GSR Bodyparts =...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience