Roads for spirited drives

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Yea la all roads are potentially to be dangerous especially straight road (based on statistic more accident happened on straight road compared to windy road).

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yea la all roads are potentially to be dangerous especially straight road (based on statistic more accident happened on straight road compared to windy road).
yea thats because the exited the corner and floor it or was out of the corner still losing control before they crash trying to bring the car under control.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Where is that road? I have no idea how to get there.
I think you will get your answers by serching for 'look out point' in google under malaysia.:rolleyes:

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Tomorrow I'm going to change my tires. I guess this Sunday I could try my new extractor's performance but unfortunately my lower bar(sent for re-welding and powder coating at Ultra Racing) only done by this Thursday. Haiyah need to wait for one more week before I can tougeing to K.Klawang

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Where is that road? I have no idea how to get there.
here are a map very easy to go there
Ampang Lookup Point a.k.a Little Genting | Lookup Point Western Food - Today.Tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to change my tires. I guess this Sunday I could try my new extractor's performance but unfortunately my lower bar(sent for re-welding and powder coating at Ultra Racing) only done by this Thursday. Haiyah need to wait for one more week before I can tougeing to K.Klawang
What tire u going to install?

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
The Klawang road is very good if your car is:

-small,so that you will easily stay in your line & lane.
-Torque,since the corner are tight & sometime going uphill with numerous terrain.
-Suspension setup,& drivetrain since from my experiences,a kancil with 850-1000cc engine would easily outrun any big car with rear wheel drive that have too many horses.

I can say that because I live in somewhere near Klawang(very near) & I use the road almost everyday from morning to midnight,be it on big bike,my trusty kapchai,ATV or the car(I still feel that my saga 1.3 is the best for the road compared to my Z33,largely because of small tight turn & the second best is kancil 660cc,especially downhill part.)

I think the record for the saga I have done 2 years before is around 12-13 minute from the T junction all the way to my house at batu 23.

I never done anything like that after last aggresive 2am run since I have hitted a group of wildboars when trying to break my own record.Luckily the wildboar didnt KO in front of the road since it was quite big & thanks to god me & my bro didnt ride a bike at that time.

For bike,I still think a small 2 stroke 125cc-150cc sportbike & kapchai was the best to ride on klawang.My old,heavy ZXR is not so nimble to take the tight corner but I guess it really depend on rider...I not a very good rider when it come to corner,only confident for high speed straight line riding hahaha :D

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
wah.......attack of the ninja wild boar! Well i would really love to try k.klawang soon. Hopefully can get my car back up and healthy again soon for the trip

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
The Klawang road is very good if your car is:

-small,so that you will easily stay in your line & lane.
-Torque,since the corner are tight & sometime going uphill with numerous terrain.
-Suspension setup,& drivetrain since from my experiences,a kancil with 850-1000cc engine would easily outrun any big car with rear wheel drive that have too many horses.

I can say that because I live in somewhere near Klawang(very near) & I use the road almost everyday from morning to midnight,be it on big bike,my trusty kapchai,ATV or the car(I still feel that my saga 1.3 is the best for the road compared to my Z33,largely because of small tight turn & the second best is kancil 660cc,especially downhill part.)

I think the record for the saga I have done 2 years before is around 12-13 minute from the T junction all the way to my house at batu 23.

I never done anything like that after last aggresive 2am run since I have hitted a group of wildboars when trying to break my own record.Luckily the wildboar didnt KO in front of the road since it was quite big & thanks to god me & my bro didnt ride a bike at that time.

For bike,I still think a small 2 stroke 125cc-150cc sportbike & kapchai was the best to ride on klawang.My old,heavy ZXR is not so nimble to take the tight corner but I guess it really depend on rider...I not a very good rider when it come to corner,only confident for high speed straight line riding hahaha :D

wah nice, have set a benchmark for us to break it.

wah.......attack of the ninja wild boar! Well i would really love to try k.klawang soon. Hopefully can get my car back up and healthy again soon for the trip
still not yet done?
If really attack the ninja wild boar, i think we hunt some wild boar for BBQ.

sounds fun....
come and join and have fun of driving spirit or just be wild boar hunter.

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
xbalance2002,
I plan to install Federal 595 Evo but still not install it yet as the tire shop try to bullshit me. Previously she told me that the price is RM285 for 205/50/16 with installation per tire but when I went to the shop on last Saturday to get the tires, she didn't admit that she had promised me that price and said the price is rm320. I lost my faith on that shop and still finding a shop with reasonable price for that tire. Anybody got any experience on that tire? Is it good? Price range? Kedai papan in Klang quote me rm305 for Yokohama s-drive. Which one is better? Aaayyyaa need to postpone my touge trip again:banghead:

Last edited:

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
xbalance2002,
I plan to install Federal 595 Evo but still not install it yet as the tire shop try to bullshit me. Previously she told me that the price is RM285 for 205/50/16 with installation per tire but when I went to the shop on last Saturday to get the tires, she didn't admit that she had promised me that price and said the price is rm320. I lost my faith on that shop and still finding a shop with reasonable price for that tire. Anybody got any experience on that tire? Is it good? Price range? Kedai papan in Klang quote me rm305 for Yokohama s-drive. Which one is better? Aaayyyaa need to postpone my touge trip again:banghead:
wah, she try to cut off your head in bright daylight :biggrin::biggrin:
you can try to find klang there is few shop selling this 595Evo, last time i got mine about 200 per rubber for 15" now not sure as price have gone up alot

As for this tire review i got it review in other page but this review is review together with suspension
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-mr2-mrs-club/320242-titan-shocks-2.html

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
mokomoko,
how is your new lung? ready?
Still in hospital. Going for some brain surgery and threadmill running also.
Maybe by end of this week. But after that i would need a new set of rear shoes also cause the old ones are like..........slicks. :bawling:

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Still in hospital. Going for some brain surgery and threadmill running also.
Maybe by end of this week. But after that i would need a new set of rear shoes also cause the old ones are like..........slicks. :bawling:
is your car fully done now?

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
now doing a bottom overhaul. should be finished and vroom vroom by end of this week.
but still need to break in the engine first..........

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
now doing a bottom overhaul. should be finished and vroom vroom by end of this week.
but still need to break in the engine first..........
break in easy job... option 1 is put on a dyno machine and let it run or option 2 follow us go for touge run or option 3 driving down to JB and come back the engine is fully break in

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
hmm...moko - i saw ur engine in hundreds of pieces...ur bearing look like / \

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
hmm...moko - i saw ur engine in hundreds of pieces...ur bearing look like / \
ya i know, i saw everything already over the weekend.
now question is how long more till it becomes one piece again.

drive down to jb then fully break in? obviously not driving fast right? lol