Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Rev limits.. how much B16A's one actually is

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Since I'm the only guy left in my group still using B16A, I'm curious about one thing.

I'm using EG6 halfcut to do my conversion, and the meter has the redline past the 8K mark.

According to net sources, the EG6 has a rev limit of 7.3K

But come the meter in my car doesn't have the red line at seven, and futhermore, I can pull until 8K++. And my ECU is a stock P30.

Just goes to show that stuff on the net is not 100% true. hehe.

yah...my car can rev up to 9k, but no point ( and dangerous too! dam standard valves + valve springs + retainers! )

hmmm...my revcut is around 8.4k if im not mistaken...stock ECU DA8 B16A though...redline 8.2k

if i'm not wrong...d stock redline SHUD b @ 7800rpm...Type R @ 8200rpm...correct me if i'm wrong..in a relatively stock engine,der's really no point in pulling way pass d redline....most dyno i c,power will drop after 7600rpm....

akuma said:
if i'm not wrong...d stock redline SHUD b @ 7800rpm...Type R @ 8200rpm...correct me if i'm wrong..in a relatively stock engine,der's really no point in pulling way pass d redline....most dyno i c,power will drop after 7600rpm....

That's the thing.. if it's 7800, why the redline is waaayyy past the 8K mark? Pening.. pening... (O_o)

redline.jpg

Why bother have a redline at all, if the ECU already rev limits it to 7.8K?

Last edited:
if you go pass 7800rpm in japan, that means ure way above the speed limit and u are actually creating more emission to the environment. they have all the cuts in the ecu to slow you down and also prepare yourself on the gauge cluster if you decide to chip it. hehe.

b16a small-v stock

redline 8000rpm
revcut 8500rpm

hmmmm...i never tried mine...b16a4 Goh Chok Thong spec.....can rev freely till 8000rpm with stock P2T ecu....never try to go more....

ehhh yalor....last time w my burnt stock P08 ECU d revcut come in @ 8000/8200rpm if i remember correctly.......aiyoa....dun care ler abt d numbers..its TOTO's number dat i wan!hahahaha

B16a stock v.spring (double at intake, single at ex) actually can rev safely until 8.5krpm (with rechipped ecu & stock camshaft).....if rev until 9Krpm tu nasib2 la....
don't rev over 9krpm, worry yr retainer will be broken, valve guide oso broken, piston will hit valve...

Mine, 'Type R' valve spring (both in/ex double spring) so far no problem rev until 9Krpm....sometime misgear at 3rd gear during drag race, rev suddenly increase to 9.5~10krpm but luckily no problem....danger la...
now with shoft shifter so far never misgear at 3rd gear....kraakkk at 3rd sound oso seldom....

hmmm...i cant remember wats my redline is...but yeap...thats the scary part about stocks...i was on feel's chip before...no revcut...during 'spirited' driving...got hit some miss gears and rev to 9k...not always...but not seldom as well...HAHAHAAHHA

Satanic, yr redline for sure 8200rpm...big V da6 right....hahaha no rev cut...so u can rev up to 8500rpm la if with stock internal....mine oso have no rev cut...just keep my eye to shift light during merempit/drag....kekekekekek
now nilai3 closed already...no place to 'lepas gian' anymore....sighh

my frenz b16a wif strenghten internal n using microtech can rev untill 11k..tht time damn scare man..he is a heavy footer

(ADVAN) said:
my frenz b16a wif strenghten internal n using microtech can rev untill 11k..tht time damn scare man..he is a heavy footer

Yup...with a good aftermarket titanium retainer, v.spring & valve will be orait...
but in my opinion, before we rev to any high numbers of rpm, we need to study the powerband first base on dyno...take a look at what rpm whp & torque will drop....if drop just after 8000rpm, no point we rev until 11000rpm.....instead of whp & torque drop at over 9000~10000rpm....good performance aftermarket camshaft will do....type r one cannot la...
As I know stock b16a and CTR/ITR camshaft criteria, torque will drop first then followed by whp.
Usually torque will be drop at 7800~8000rpm, and then whp drop at 8000~8300rpm...

anyone here tried to rev more than 10k on b16a using stock valvetrain?
n oso escape without any injuries... hehe

Last edited:
Damn.. can't find my picture of a dyno machine screen showing 11+K rpm.. (Not actual reading, dyno error.. ROFL!)

Top Bottom