Reflash/Rechip/Remap

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Bro... since u have already done ur GSR ECU rechipped, then can u share your experience with me..? May I know the address/definition/block with me..?

BTW, what if we took out the GSR eprom, then install the EVO program into the emulator and make it run on our GSR ECU..?
Hello speed2horizon,
It wouldn't work in that way.Just like "Apple Software" can not work in "Microsoft Window"

Hello zamiex,
Just like what you say "look for the right address"
Like rpm cut address,boost cut address.....

Unless you play around like Hondata, Crome, there all already define ign map, fuel map, vtec on...

bye.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
yeah.. crome easier... just click²..
mitsu abit dizzy..

jawsbite

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The problem with Malaysian modders in general is, we are willing to spend money to buy Microtech, Haltech and all other tech eventho we havnt spend money on upgrading other things that justify its requirement. At the end of the day, its the dyno provider in Sunway that makes the most benefit. Kudos..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
The problem with Malaysian modders in general is, we are willing to spend money to buy Microtech, Haltech and all other tech eventho we havnt spend money on upgrading other things that justify its requirement. At the end of the day, its the dyno provider in Sunway that makes the most benefit. Kudos..
Urm.... Recently realize the limitation of rechip on the old 2Gs. However, still better than EMU, EMB,UNICHIP, etc and other piggies...

Rechipping is not hard. Found the addresses finally from a friend in UK doing rechip business... HE said, the main problem with the EVO 123,GSR rechip is the MAF scalling... And our Karman sensor have lifetime and need to be rescalled or calibrate...

So, most people in the UK change to GM MAF.

But for those, 1Gs ECU user (VR4/mirage) can opt for Jackal... Converting MAF to MAP with just rechip...

jawsbite

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Urm.... Recently realize the limitation of rechip on the old 2Gs. However, still better than EMU, EMB,UNICHIP, etc and other piggies...

Rechipping is not hard. Found the addresses finally from a friend in UK doing rechip business... HE said, the main problem with the EVO 123,GSR rechip is the MAF scalling... And our Karman sensor have lifetime and need to be rescalled or calibrate...

So, most people in the UK change to GM MAF.

But for those, 1Gs ECU user (VR4/mirage) can opt for Jackal... Converting MAF to MAP with just rechip...
GM MAF is still a MAF, it would still need to be scaled to work with earlies & GSR. It does have higher range thus you can boost higher & you can opt for blow thru setup for blow out to atmosphere..

Che Ahmad Majdi

From Facebook
Oct 10, 2010
www.facebook.com
How about eprom board add to mitsubishi or toyota ecu? Techtom sale this board long time ago, but since Toyota TRD sue Techtom i cannot find other selling rom board, :bawling: damn anyone know any sell rom board?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
GM MAF is still a MAF, it would still need to be scaled to work with earlies & GSR. It does have higher range thus you can boost higher & you can opt for blow thru setup for blow out to atmosphere..
Yeah... But the thing is, this item can be bought new and it's been scaled and shared throughout the Internet. And it is to be located after the blow off. I think it should be able to blow off too... Not necessary blow in.

And no problem of stalling if intercooler piping leaks...

jawsbite

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah... But the thing is, this item can be bought new and it's been scaled and shared throughout the Internet. And it is to be located after the blow off. I think it should be able to blow off too... Not necessary blow in.

And no problem of stalling if intercooler piping leaks...
It is the user choice whichever way they like to set it up, but yeah it can be setup for blow thru and you can vent to atm, you'll need an IAT with that as well and these 2 things is not cheap if bought new.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
It is the user choice whichever way they like to set it up, but yeah it can be setup for blow thru and you can vent to atm, you'll need an IAT with that as well and these 2 things is not cheap if bought new.
Yeah... Thanks for the info.... Calculating all the cost here and there, I was thinking of getting an E8 ECU, where there are more possibility on flashing/mapping and to choose MAP/MAF depending on the available basemap. Too bad, the JDM ECU have 4 sockets and our old car have only 3. And it's not easy to find a USDM... Hohoho...

I ended up with another route.

jawsbite

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah... Thanks for the info.... Calculating all the cost here and there, I was thinking of getting an E8 ECU, where there are more possibility on flashing/mapping and to choose MAP/MAF depending on the available basemap. Too bad, the JDM ECU have 4 sockets and our old car have only 3. And it's not easy to find a USDM... Hohoho...

I ended up with another route.
JDM E8 is 3 socket, same as the E9.. but i'm sure you'll be happy with the route u chosen. At the end of the day, its how quick the car that matters.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guyz !!! First of all , i would like to express my apologize if I post in the wrong forum / sub forum. I dont know where to post this thread .

I just want to know about the central car locking only . what is the average market place ? brand is not my priority . because each time i visit a shop , the price is not fix. i mean the differ from 1st shop n 2nd shop is about RM 50-70 . so, i just want to know the market price from other state. Thanks ya !!

p/s : just want the central...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience