Reducing road noise level for 225/45/18

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That explains why I hear some people reduce their tyre pressure when they plan to go out for touge drive. Want to follow race setup. :biggrin:
Cannot simply lower one. Even for track days, they measure the air pressure after warm up lap, then adjust according before race. Even low got it's limit......:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Cannot simply lower one. Even for track days, they measure the air pressure after warm up lap, then adjust according before race. Even low got it's limit......:biggrin:
Din't know that tyre pressure is taken into account that seriously on track days.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Not so sure sound proofing can still enhance anything much because the car is a F30 320i. Engine is quiet even when nearing redline at 6000rpm. That is why on normal cruising, the tyre noise can be heard clearly.
Try to add few layer of spray on type of bitumen/sound insulation solution inside all the fender. It might help.

Different type of road surface will still give you some noise no matter what tyre u use...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try to add few layer of spray on type of bitumen/sound insulation solution inside all the fender. It might help.

Different type of road surface will still give you some noise no matter what tyre u use...

That is the problem, nowadays new cars the fender liner is bare.....:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Need to find shop to do it or can be easily done DIY? I already told my friend about the noise probably comes from his run-flat tyres. So, just wait until he changes his tyres first and see what he says. If he still complains about road noise, then I will suggest this method.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
This is diy.. but better take the tyre out...clean all the area from dirt and grease.. the spray

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This is diy.. but better take the tyre out...clean all the area from dirt and grease.. the spray

Not a good idea for my friend I think. Removing the wheels is troublesome for him as he asked me before on where to do plastidip for his wheels. I told him he can DIY but he said he can't remove the wheels by himself.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not a good idea for my friend I think. Removing the wheels is troublesome for him as he asked me before on where to do plastidip for his wheels. I told him he can DIY but he said he can't remove the wheels by himself.
Your friend probably the loaded type, right? Drive beemer but no diy at all. Everything send to shop type....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Your friend probably the loaded type, right? Drive beemer but no diy at all. Everything send to shop type....:smokin:
Sure is loaded. Since you know my age and my friend is also in the same age with me but driving F30 320i already. To be honest, despite always visiting zth myself, I have not even tried any major DIY myself yet. Inexperienced, lack of mechanical tool skills and don't have anyone pro enough to refer to nearby.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sure is loaded. Since you know my age and my friend is also in the same age with me but driving F30 320i already. To be honest, despite always visiting zth myself, I have not even tried any major DIY myself yet. Inexperienced, lack of mechanical tool skills and don't have anyone pro enough to refer to nearby.
Starting out is always difficult. You need to know someone who already doing DIY to learn from him. For me, I learn mostly from my mechanic. I stay whole day long watching them when servicing or repairing my cars, then ask question if don't know or not sure. Then start buying tools that are needed bit by bit. Now of course we have group up and have sifu Izso, when we do our DIT....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Starting out is always difficult. You need to know someone who already doing DIY to learn from him. For me, I learn mostly from my mechanic. I stay whole day long watching them when servicing or repairing my cars, then ask question if don't know or not sure. Then start buying tools that are needed bit by bit. Now of course we have group up and have sifu Izso, when we do our DIT....:driver:
True. Sometimes it is not that easy to do DIY despite reading about it on the internet even with pictures. Definitely helps a lot to have someone who are good at it beside you.

I tend to stay and watch my mechanic too when he was repairing my car. Since he knows that I am interested in cars, he will also tell me about what part is this and that. He will also explain to me about why and what is the reason behind the parts that are broken.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True. Sometimes it is not that easy to do DIY despite reading about it on the internet even with pictures. Definitely helps a lot to have someone who are good at it beside you.

I tend to stay and watch my mechanic too when he was repairing my car. Since he knows that I am interested in cars, he will also tell me about what part is this and that. He will also explain to me about why and what is the reason behind the parts that are broken.
Well, if your mechanic willing to part some mechanical knowledge to you is good, that is a good start at least you know what wrong or what fails in future, like the battery light came on, you thought it was battery, now you know can be other things like alternator.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well, if your mechanic willing to part some mechanical knowledge to you is good, that is a good start at least you know what wrong or what fails in future, like the battery light came on, you thought it was battery, now you know can be other things like alternator.....:driver:
Hahaha, that is true. He usually will point out the symptoms of faulty parts to me like some noise that broken parts will produce, hardened and cracked rubber in mounting and also hardened oil seals which he will always tell me "See, hard like steel". :rofl:

Also, he will occasionally tell me that I am a newbie because there is so many things that I don't know. Well, he is right because compared to him, I am like so far behind. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha, that is true. He usually will point out the symptoms of faulty parts to me like some noise that broken parts will produce, hardened and cracked rubber in mounting and also hardened oil seals which he will always tell me "See, hard like steel". :rofl:

Also, he will occasionally tell me that I am a newbie because there is so many things that I don't know. Well, he is right because compared to him, I am like so far behind. :biggrin:
Tell you so many things, but If you don't know your mechanic well, be careful of con job also......hhahhahahhahaha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,greetings,I have some questions about coilovers,I was about to change my standard shock to TEIN HA coilovers,Then i test ride on my friend cars with TEIN also,driving performance are smooth while taking curved but,when it come to coarse road,the ride become very harsh,I want to balance beetween comfort ride and lowered car,Is it advisable to use coilover on malaysian road,I live in kl.My ride have 40 profile tyre.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience