Recommend workshop in Penang island

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to ask this question or not. If not the correct place, feel free to move this thread. Anyway, I would like you all to recommend reputable workshop in Penang island to me. If possible, together with the address coz I'm very new in Penang. Just stay here for less than a month only...
Thank you...;)

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
What kind of workshop you need?? what kind of work needs to be done?? Don't just say car workshop, it's too general.

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
soli, tumpang tanye......

where can i get ultra racing strut and fender in penang ? better if in prai and BM.

lawrence,

i didn't stay in pg island, but i was told one workshop in sungai dua near USM, behind JPJ is good. The poman name is ' oh tan ' forgot his number...he

Another one is soon yee in paya terubong.... no add available. Maybe some other ZTH brother can help.

welkum to Penang !!

dotn3t

Mar 19, 2005
voon said:

where can i get ultra racing strut and fender in penang ? better if in prai and BM.

lawrence,

i didn't stay in pg island, but i was told one workshop in sungai dua near USM, behind JPJ is good. The poman name is ' oh tan ' forgot his number...he

Another one is soon yee in paya terubong.... no add available. Maybe some other ZTH brother can help.

welkum to Penang !!

Hi Voon,

I got this from UR's website, Full Boost Autoworks (hp: 012 2291422) in Bworth carries UR stuffs. One of UR's distributor it seems.

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/

Btw, any bros can share on which workshop in Pg/Bworth that does engine transplant? Thanks ya...

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
voon said:

lawrence,

welkum to Penang !!
noted... thanks for the reply ;)

tko73

Aug 15, 2005
Penang
lawrencelyl,
Just went to M-Power in Air Itam yesterday, have my carburetor tuned and serviced. The mechs are friendly and good in their work. They also have quite a bit of performance stuff in their showroom. Saw a Wira with Mitsu. V6 1.6 engine, quite rare. Anyway, here's the contact no. 8264462
Btw, I heard there is a shop in Tanjung Tokong. What's the shop's name and contact no.?

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
tko73 said:
lawrencelyl,
Just went to M-Power in Air Itam yesterday, have my carburetor tuned and serviced. The mechs are friendly and good in their work. They also have quite a bit of performance stuff in their showroom. Saw a Wira with Mitsu. V6 1.6 engine, quite rare. Anyway, here's the contact no. 8264462
Btw, I heard there is a shop in Tanjung Tokong. What's the shop's name and contact no.?
Don't install the V6 Mivec 1.6.

levin

1,000 RPM
Dec 12, 2004
Visit site
voon said:

lawrence,

welkum to Penang !!
M-Power is the only UR dealer in penang island . :cool:

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
dotn3t said:
Hi Voon,

I got this from UR's website, Full Boost Autoworks (hp: 012 2291422) in Bworth carries UR stuffs. One of UR's distributor it seems.

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/

Btw, any bros can share on which workshop in Pg/Bworth that does engine transplant? Thanks ya...
dotn3t: may b u can try to ask in Sim's place, sum where in Perak lane Pg island

lawrence,

the one in paya terubong(Soon Yee) is juz after the traffic light in the main rd of paya terubong, opposite the Permata Swimming club. Hope this will help

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Sim's work is very very shitty. He overcharges like hell and if you leave your car there don't expect him to cover it if it rains. I know coz i experienced the same thing when i took my car there for some work. He chrged me 980 to retorque my turbo housing. I left my car there for 2 days and suppose to pick up on saturday. Turned up on saturday and it was raining like hell. Doors all lock and there is my car with bonnet open under a tree!! I call him no answer then after 10 minutes of trying he answers and guess where is Sim? In Sepang watching F1. I gave him piece of my mind then he called his worker to drive there and close my bonnet,and drive my car into the shade. This things go without asking mah. This is my experience and in my books Sim (Summer Sim) workshop can suck donkey ass.

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
phat7 said:
Sim's work is very very shitty. He overcharges like hell and if you leave your car there don't expect him to cover it if it rains. I know coz i experienced the same thing when i took my car there for some work. He chrged me 980 to retorque my turbo housing. I left my car there for 2 days and suppose to pick up on saturday. Turned up on saturday and it was raining like hell. Doors all lock and there is my car with bonnet open under a tree!! I call him no answer then after 10 minutes of trying he answers and guess where is Sim? In Sepang watching F1. I gave him piece of my mind then he called his worker to drive there and close my bonnet,and drive my car into the shade. This things go without asking mah. This is my experience and in my books Sim (Summer Sim) workshop can suck donkey ass.
I rememebr seeing this story long time ago. Was it you??

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
phat7 said:
phat,

feel sad for u.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
ya lorr my poor car :( . The gate lock somemore i see like going to banjir liau really went paranoid. But this is my observation and all i hope to achieve from this is that you know what you getting yourself into.ZTH is a forum to share so others can learn and therefore actively take measures in preventing described situations. :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In this guide I will show you guys how to DIY some ground cables for your car. You can choose to buy ready made sets from shop but it's more fun if you can make them yourselves save you the extra bucks and get to know your car more.

What you need?
1. Cables
The cable is the important part. You need to buy pure copper cables as higher copper % better conductivity. The Sizing is up to you and you also need to take into consideration is the cable easy to work on. On my case, I didn't buy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience