Really Frustrater abt my Car!

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
my car now facing an old promble again!!
Makan Black oil..
since last few month..i did send to a shop to repair..the Foreman who repair my car....really fucked Up!!
that time..he told me ..to change the top engine gaster only..and the underneath
gear box..gasket..he told me that.because of tis 2 part leaking.. to make ur car makan black oil..
but i did ask another foreman abt my car..promble
after my car had fixed..he told me that..the mainly things..it happen on ur car engine pistol ring..cause it has eat with black oil..something like that..
(allow me to say,i really noobs in car stuff)
after a few month later..now it happen to me again..really GOD DAMN..
so..i get back to the foreman guy..and ask him how could be tis happed..
SHIT!now he telling me inside pistol ring kena makan.and.he couldnt realize at the first time..Wtf?Excuses is that?

the foreman frd has told me..since outside part..u alrdi done it..so not need anymore..
but u need to pay again..abt the engine top gasket..because u need to shift up..and do the piston ring inside..

So guys i need ya help..
is it..wat my foreman frd..say it true..
i dun wan het kena con again.. previosly (i did spend ard Rm 700 on it..with nothing!!)
wat is the Estimate cost for doing tis?

so guys..i really need ya help..

oh and one more thing..i am curios abt..
if it possible i can just refill the black oil..when it got less.??

Last edited:

actuator_bypass

Known Member
Sep 11, 2004
dear dude,

Since you're already spend 700, if I suggest you to go to another workshop, maybe you will be charge almost the same price, if your last workshop con you..

Usually mechanic will see the symtom like white smoke or else, any ol leaking around the cylinder head. If got oil leakage then a test must be done at the first place.

So to check wheater the piston ring is "kong" or not, compression test will tell you the result. If your engine is NA type the compression must be above 14psi.. and less for turbo.

The the compression test was done, if got lost of compression, mechanic will take look at the cylinder head to see wheater the proplem occur from your valve seat, or valve spring, valve seal and so on. So this is what we call top overhaul.

When mechanic take off your cylinder head, they will check if the piston got burn badly or normal rich carbon effect at your piston. If the piston burn badly, mean the ring already "kaput".. if you need to do the piston ring replacement, this is what we call overhaul.

When overhaul processing, if you got problem with you cranksahft, crank bearing, main bearing, conrod, conrod bearing, scracth cylinder wall, oil pump not working with good pressure.. all this job I called it as "General Overhaul"

It may cost you from RM450 - RM2000..

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
but my car..didnt come out wit the black smoke..

that mean..is not the piskton ring promble??

fookongmick

Dec 5, 2005
Check O ring and check engine cover rubber seal. If you have changed then you might want to try an engine rebuilt. You can always just refill the engine oil just don't mix. If it's normal engine oil then use back the same. If it's synthetic then stick to synthetic.

patru

Nov 15, 2004
kokanchai,
if your piston ring already kaput, the smoke will be bluish-white in colour.
sometimes, the smoke is hard to notice if you're in the car unless the rings are badly kaput. ask somebody else to rev the engine and you watch at the back.

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
kokanChai said:
but my car..didnt come out wit the black smoke..

that mean..is not the piskton ring promble??

yes,u can still top up the engine oil if less,but since the piston loose n lose compression,which mean the car will lose some power n always need to top up,its quite annoying also

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
If there is white colour smoke coming out from your exhaust, then it could be your piston ring.

If no, check your camshaft oil seal, crank shaft oil seal, also check for any engine oil dripping under your car. You can trace the dripping location to the source.

Hope your problem is solve.

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Excalibur said:
This just will cost him more.....
I don't think so as he has already spent more then 700 and problem not solved. That depends on the type of car his is driving. My old car a mitsu mirage for an engine transplant and workmanship is less than 1k. That lasted me for about 8 yrs before I sold the car.

Most of the old model engin in half cut shop is cheap. Unlike the new models or vtec engines. The other obvious reason why his workshop can't solve the problem as the new generation is only on transplant which don't require much brains to solve.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
it's good to ask some friends before embarking on some engine repair, especially those involve heaps of money.......

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
transplant engine just like gamble,50% about the engine condition whether good or bad,if happen engine oil comsuption again,many foreman sure recommend this coz:
1)dont need to responsible about the engine condition just tranplant
2)more ez n fast

if overhauled since everything need to rebore,replace the new stuff,the mechanic need to guarantee the engine running in good condition,except for those ppl who like to upgrade or mod,then tranplant more better

ernie

Nov 9, 2005
IMHO, transplant is better. What car you using? You'll most probably get ridiculously low mileage engine if you buy the Japs halfcut, which means the engine is probably in very good shape. Some workshops gurantee their halfcut engine for one month, any problem they'll fix for free. Ask around. It helps if you have friends who knows his way around the mechanics. Good luck.

Oh, and another tip, last time i've got a very old Civic hatchback at home, eat oil, but don't care, we just top up the oil with super cheap castrol every week. Still cheaper than doing a top overhaul. At last we did go for top overhaul, however, for no obvious reasons.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
bro, is your problem solved yet ? All the best to you.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok here it goes,
I am facing slips with exedy normal clutch
I have in my mind to change to exedy semi racing
but then some of them warned me of Clutch Pump frequent failure , true ?
What if i put a racing clutch with OEM pressure cover , how ?
and anyone here on triniti clutch with oem covers ?
thanks a million.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience