R3 TA 3dot6 Results!

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Thanks for d results posting. Eat me class : 2 secs separates 6 drivers!:omg_smile:

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Congrats to all winners! Drivers were just too good yesterday. Brilliant driving! Put Ivan in any car, and you can bet he'll set scorching times. Hotstuff!

Mazeki

500 RPM
Jan 7, 2006
Congrats...... to all winners too, Anyway i from class Eat-me driving Toyota Corolla auto and this is my 1st time driving at TA,however i took at last in the category also..but lucky my Time be improve and im not feeling well because of sick.....1st 1st i though wanna cancelled for this TA events already..but atlast i come too for fun and take my best time for it.....ermm......usually is very fun and can take more experience.

Thanks for the Time-attack Events....

Last edited:

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
Good Shit! Good Shit!

Have a long way to go in improving myself.. ;)

v0ices

Known Member
May 24, 2006
Thanx R3. 1st timer joining, but hell yea it was fun and enjoyable albeit very sandy and slippery track

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Hiya all..

It was good to once again be there for the Time Attack, and mix it with all the familiar as well as new faces this time round. Ever since we hooked up with D1, I have been unable to keep in touch when the Time Attack was being run, so for me at least.. it's great to be back!

But things have changed.. drivers from last year are taking things more and more seriously! And new competitors are up there too, trying their best to set a good time, and a few with some good results I must add!! It can only get better and better...

And it will! Time Attack has grown into so much more than just a 'supporting' event to drifting, and next year we'll be running it on it's own. And from that promise, Gary, Faisal, myself, and the rest of my R3 team that organises Time Attack will be putting extra effort in to lock in the better venues: Bukit Jalil, Sepang Carpark PA3, Shah Alam Stadium Carpark next to the kart track, etc etc and we'll run it more often with more rounds to the championship!

As for this round, admittedly at first we were worried that some drivers might find the sandy conditions too trying, but in the end we're glad that everyone liked it and had a good time, as usual!

And, I must add, you might have heard it on the PA system during the event: R3 have turned our Time Attack into a true grassroots stepping stone for Malaysian Motorsports with the announcement that starting from this year, the previous year's championship winning drivers will be given the opportunity to tryout for and, if successful, ending up driving R3's Class C entry for the Merdeka Millenium Endurance. Fully sponsored. This year, we're prepping a special Waja Campro for the R3 Time Attack Champions Team; the car can do 2m39 around Sepang mind you.. what an opportunity eh!! So now there's even more incentive to do well in the R3 Time Attack series!!!!

Next round for 2006 is August 17, at USM Penang. Lock that into your PDA, and check for registration from early August!!!

See you then guys.. drive safe.

/adian

DimDimer

Known Member
Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
me first time joining also. very very fun. first time sliding all the time here and there w/out grip. scary but veryyy fun. still balls not thick enuff to go fast.

dzal_a

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
adian said:
Next round for 2006 is August 17, at USM Penang. Lock that into your PDA, and check for registration from early August!!!

See you then guys.. drive safe.

/adian
17th...???.....thursday...?....bukan 12th august ke...?

BTW....very nice event...i had a very good time watching all the competitor to get a grip with a sandy track.....
my leg also gatal when saw u guys in action..hehehhehhe..

congrats to all winners....and congrats to R3 team for the very good event....

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
dzal_a said:
17th...???.....thursday...?....bukan 12th august ke...?

BTW....very nice event...i had a very good time watching all the competitor to get a grip with a sandy track.....
my leg also gatal when saw u guys in action..hehehhehhe..

congrats to all winners....and congrats to R3 team for the very good event....
kaki gatal, turn padang main bola la...:P

eh, this round didn't take aprt ka?

elaine2284

1,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2004
Cheras, KL
Visit site
Congrats to the winners!!
and thankss to the organizing team that make this event successfull!!!

although im the last.. but i do enjoyed alot... ^_^
this kinda sandy traps we can hardly find on the hillroads.. if yes also we dare not to try to do those kinda stunts... coz might end up at the valley... hehe

once again.. thankz and see ya in the next event.... ^_^

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
For the 1st time, r3ta participants get a taste of almost gravel rallying. It was a good experience, racing in sand n dust for almost 60% of the course, as ppl in powerful cars have to b very patient in waiting for the car to accelerate, as well as brake very early in order not to climb those curbs. One dude did that and showed the rest during practice :X-:, as he was the 2nd guy out :embaressed_smile: . In terms of layout, it was pretty straight forward compared to the other TA's.
Clearly this is a drivers' event, as compared to drift, with almmost 90 cars participating! As it's become a culture in this event, each time attack layout has had all drivers a lot to talk about from the 1st thing in the morning during coursewalks, and during lunch breaks and post events, mostly topics on how to run the course, later, how the drive went, when to accelerate, when to brake, how much time was saved or lost if done something different, blah blah blah, coupled with hand gestures as animation :regular_smile: . I'd say that's the best part. For those who didn't do well in the 1st half of the day, some would have the tendency to recluse themselves in a spot far far away to think and gather themselves for a 2nd wind, tweak their cars a little to get that 1 or 2 secs, or even do another coursewalk to see how to improve.
That's the spirit. Wonder if r3ta can take more than 100 drivers hahaha. And yes, we'd like to see more female drivers in action. Yesterday, there were kiki, ashlyn and elaine. There shud b more competition.

dzal_a

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
canken2 said:
kaki gatal, turn padang main bola la...:P

eh, this round didn't take aprt ka?
nop.....this year i not take part......just jadi penonton je.....hehhhe...no car la...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys.. need help here. im driving a satria neo. n i did my exhaust at JFA, sunway.. 4-1 header, one mid box, 2 inches piping ( i think, or maybe 2.2 around there la) n HKS hyper muffler( straight).. the power is nice, the sound also nice.. its just that, its really noisy..

so just yesterday, i decided to change my muffler to a quiter one. a S flow. so i bought this tanabe hyper medallion from a friend of mine.. so i went to a normal exhaust shop, n change the muffler..

the prob is, i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience