Question's : Silvertop

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

trd_1420

Feb 5, 2006
To all the silvetop user's out there, please help.

Just got my silvertop, going to convert it very soon into my LE, but i got few questions? Can the dashboard from the halfcut be fitted into my car? Some foreman said can, but it is a lot of work for them. One of them even said that they can do it, but it wont look very nice? So, i bit confused now, please help.

Secondly, which model's disc brake can i use at the back. Is it from AE92 or can i use disc brake from AE101? How much it will cost?

Appreciate your reply. Your reply will determine whether i will change the dashboard too for my car.

Thank You.

7500RPM

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
KL
if you got money... from not nice also can become nice. as long as got enough money. cannot fit also it will fit nicely... as long got money to spend. :shades_smile:

billy-sea

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
malaysia
trd_1420 said:
To all the silvetop user's out there, please help.

Just got my silvertop, going to convert it very soon into my LE, but i got few questions? Can the dashboard from the halfcut be fitted into my car? Some foreman said can, but it is a lot of work for them. One of them even said that they can do it, but it wont look very nice? So, i bit confused now, please help.

Secondly, which model's disc brake can i use at the back. Is it from AE92 or can i use disc brake from AE101? How much it will cost?

Appreciate your reply. Your reply will determine whether i will change the dashboard too for my car.

Thank You.

i think cant fit it, if can fit it i think also not nice... because my seg also used the levin ae101 dashbord, look is ok but a bit not very fit..

syah

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
can fit in laa.. confirm..:regular_smile:

i also use ae101 dashboard in my LE

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
syah said:
can fit in laa.. confirm..:regular_smile:

i also use ae101 dashboard in my LE
yep!!!!... seen many converted in LE... just tell the mech to do it lar!!!

din't need to potong!!!!! mine is a SE...

cheers...

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
Yup the dash board can fix into LE but sure got some gap.... and also depend the mech performance.......

About the disc brake I not very sure can fix or not.... the price is around RM250...

trd_1420

Feb 5, 2006
syah,

thanks for the reply, one more thing, is there any gap in your car once you fit in the AE101 dashboard?

thanks

syah

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
trd_1420 said:
syah,

thanks for the reply, one more thing, is there any gap in your car once you fit in the AE101 dashboard?

thanks
yes,, got some gap.. but not so ugly la..:regular_smile:
u can come and see my car if u want

tctho

8,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
if u need AE92 rear disk, i have one set in tiptop condition, call me at 012-2881509

Levin_biru80

Known Member
Aug 21, 2005
Port Klang
can use the dashboard bro.Me and my brother are both Le.Mine is BT and my brother is ST.Your dashboarb will have a gap.just go to the cushion shop ask them to install the black sun shade from outside.And make sure u find someone who know how to install the dashboard cause normally the mechanic does't want to do.banyak kerjala kawan said the Mechanic :shades_smile:

As for the brake, there's a lot of different.U see, mind is using the AE 82 disk at the front and 92 at back, wheres my brother is using the 101 at the front and 92 at the back

If i'm not mistaken, u also need to change the fuel tank to the AE 82 tank.This tank is hard to get nowdays i heard.Last time i'm using the old LE tank, my car died in the midle of the road.Then the same mechanic that done my transplant find me the fule tank.Problem solve

After this, do come and join the LE Owner club ok

Last edited:

jackyhong

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
kl
yeah the dash board can fit... i saw it.. an uncle driving le wit seg dashboard....hehe

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
tctho, as other sifus said the dashboard can be put in ur LE, no doubt abot it. but the most important is during the conversions, before puttting the engine PLEASE remind the mechanic to puts the wiring and dashboard first with other peripherals.this is from my experience during my conversions on the SVT. because lack of info and poor on mechanics i didnt pu the dashboard and sold it to my fren. right now i'm using my stock dashboard.:sad_smile:

corolla_KE70

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
on SE no problem.. but how a bout on ke70? anyone succesfully installed ae101 dashboard on their ke70?

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
i've put AE111 inside RWD car oso!!!!!! and i've seen lots of other car!!!!

anything is possible......but the make sure the mech is experience enough!!!

cheers..

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
You can actually replace the RPM and KM meter from the ae92 for ke-70 dashbaord.

No need to shift the whole dashboard. Damm ugly ler to have a 101 dash into a ke70.

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
yakah bro synchron..can put ae92 meters in ke70 ka?? kira plug n play or still some mods that have to do??

adqelmy

Known Member
May 9, 2005
LUmuT
20VKE70 said:
yakah bro synchron..can put ae92 meters in ke70 ka?? kira plug n play or still some mods that have to do??
heloo friend and sifussss....i'm not asking about dshboard....i have a big problem with my SVT....last week when tgh layan kat ipoh....runing arround 130-140kmh...my car is jerking and then the engine can not running anymore died.....then i call my mechanic...keter tak leh start dahhh......than have to towing to wrkshop....my mechanic told me that something problem with my valve....he also told me that tader preasure kat valve....and to solves the problem...kene buat top overhoul...than he calculate the cost...the cost is arround RM1.1k...
- gasket iriginal toyota RM300 something
- Timing belt 20v RM280.00
- to do something with my valve, arround RM9.00 per valve (20v x RM9=RM180.00)-kena hantar foundry...
- workmanship (throttle body, port polish,service (mingak itam and etc)...tatau berapa...than the cost arround RM1100.00...

anybody here pernah face the same problem with SVT engine....please advice....TQ...n keter sminggu kat bengkel.....

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
First of all did you check and see if your engine got enough oil or not ?!?!? Means you tried to crank/start after the engine siezed/stalled ? If the engine can crank check and see if the engine got compression or not if engine no compression then have to open the head to check and see. Also did you notice a loud knocking sound before the engine stopped ??