Question about Works Cams

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Anyone installed Works cams (I think its the 267 degrees one) before? Planning to do it next month. My main worry is whether the low end will suffer alot. Also, is any tuning (ECU flashing or piggyback) required to get it to work with the car or is it just plug and play?

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
u sure u want to install that cams ar?

google it first la bro...
Yes, I did read about one person who install and get worse results than stock. However, I am not sure if the ECU is tuned or not or what did the person do to his engine since he said it blew.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Ask kcng la...its his car..
i dont play cam..since ppl said campro got no torque, why make it worse? ;)

theres a lot of cam out there..decide what u want..how much duration, overlap, aggressiveness..not by brand name..

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
u sure u want to install that cams ar?

google it first la bro...
Hi! Any recommendations? I just need something mild around 260-270 degrees. The reason is that I will be supercharging my engine. Hence, I want slightly more aggressive cams to improve the high end a little.

Or do you think I should go for a CPS Head instead?

Thanks.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Yes, I did read about one person who install and get worse results than stock. However, I am not sure if the ECU is tuned or not or what did the person do to his engine since he said it blew.
ECU cant do jack shiat if the hardware is already flawed to begin with.....
:)

its like loading a pentium II with shit-loads of ram and expect it to run NFS:world at full resolution graphics...

mana boley macam ni bang?
product A ada problem, u guna product B to try and fix product A punya problem... mana logic?

:biggrin:

Last edited:

DavidLiew

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
This thread just came in time. I am also currently planning to install the following:

1. High Cam
2. Adjustable Cam Pulley
3. Adjustable Fuel Regulator

Currently I have the following installed:

1. E-Manage
2. K&N Drop-in
3. 4-2-1 Extractor
4. Denso Iridium Power

However, mine is 4G18P (AT). Not sure if it will have similar problems. :confused:

Hope all sifus here can give some advise and recommendations.

Thanks in advance.:biggrin:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Hi! Any recommendations? I just need something mild around 260-270 degrees. The reason is that I will be supercharging my engine. Hence, I want slightly more aggressive cams to improve the high end a little.

Or do you think I should go for a CPS Head instead?

Thanks.
i think if u want to supercharge your engine... best to keep everything stock...

after all by supercharging it... u will definitely get much more power compared to those modded N/A's campro out there...
since force-induction theoretically wears out your engine internal's faster, why want to wear it out even faster by putting a high-lift cam ?

my 2 sen la...

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
i think if u want to supercharge your engine... best to keep everything stock...

after all by supercharging it... u will definitely get much more power compared to those modded N/A's campro out there...
since force-induction theoretically wears out your engine internal's faster, why want to wear it out even faster by putting a high-lift cam ?

my 2 sen la...
I am nuts: [Review] Works Engineering Performance Billet Camshaft Review - Part 3

LOL!! You are the one in the blog!! I didn't notice that.

OK, thanks for the info. Looks like only their exhaust is worth getting. Thanks for the info.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
matspeed...

u need to go and find them...

there is 2 diff pricing if i remember correctly..
1 - with trade-in cams (your stock cams traded in)
2 - without trade-in

Zaypher

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I would go for matspeed cams when I am getting cams in future.
I personally know someone who installed certain cams. The outcome, well, go google :)

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
im a gen2 owner, 1.6 campro manual

for me, juz change mivec or gsr engine..campro got no torque. potong lori kat bukit grik pun kena gear 1....

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
serously? 1st gear woo...ape travel speed tat time?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sory to ask...but may i know what wheel bearing that can fit for my wira evo3...now using evo3 braking system..front twin pot rear single pot..can perdana wheel bearing fit for my front and rear?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience