Q: Left speaker problem.

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
hi, would like to ask owners of the fairlady z33, 350z, if anyone has a problem with the original bose speakers. the left speaker is always off when im listening to cd. if its radio both work perfectly fine.
when im listening to cd, and i hit a bump or break very hard, the left side will suddenly come on again. and it will go off.
how do i fix it?

ive brought it to a speaker shop before, the guy said have to leave it there for 1 week, they have to open and check to see if got problem. and that it would cost rm1000.

i dont believe i would have to do that, and i think its a load of bullshit. i have a feeling its just a loose wire or something. does anyone else have this problem?

and does anyone know how to fix it?

i dont really want to replace the speakers.

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
If you're the kind of guy who doesn't mind DIY, you can get the full service manual for the Z here: http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Service:Index

It has plenty of diagrams of everything about the Z. Perhaps you can open up the door panels and have a check at the wiring yourself.

Else just find a reputable shop. Some shops are just plain stupid thinking they can get away with their BS pricing when they see a Z.

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
hi, would like to ask owners of the fairlady z33, 350z, if anyone has a problem with the original bose speakers. the left speaker is always off when im listening to cd. if its radio both work perfectly fine.
when im listening to cd, and i hit a bump or break very hard, the left side will suddenly come on again. and it will go off.
how do i fix it?

ive brought it to a speaker shop before, the guy said have to leave it there for 1 week, they have to open and check to see if got problem. and that it would cost rm1000.

i dont believe i would have to do that, and i think its a load of bullshit. i have a feeling its just a loose wire or something. does anyone else have this problem?

and does anyone know how to fix it?

i dont really want to replace the speakers.
sounds like the guy's trying to scam you for a thousand bux. you're probably right.. it may just be something loose. worth either a check diy or why don't you pop into another shop to get a 2nd opinion?

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
yea, thanks, but i wanna know if anyone else has this problem and had fixed it already?

my good friend recently tinted my car, and had to open the pannels i told him to check the wires as well but he said their fine?

is the speaker problem a manufacturing default?
does anyone else has the problem?

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
yea, thanks, but i wanna know if anyone else has this problem and had fixed it already?

my good friend recently tinted my car, and had to open the pannels i told him to check the wires as well but he said their fine?

is the speaker problem a manufacturing default?
does anyone else has the problem?
I used to have the same problem as you are having now...either it's the connection at the speakers or at the face unit (mine is at face unit). The audio shop just cut it off and recap a new connector and I'm on my way already in less than 30min and only cost me RM5.00 (depend on what type of connector you use)!! Just bring it to other audio shop and have them check it out for you...the one you went to are way too EXPENSIVE!!! Good luck.....:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subject : KE70 DX stuffs. Yes, I have a new set of these stuff. But where is the fun part of having an oldschool machine if I didn't try to restore it?

Dirty lenses ready to be polished.

The first step is cleaning up the lenses to remove dust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience