Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

Proton Satria Neo R3 Lotus Racing

wanted

Known Member
Jun 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thread basher(s),always have their ways to ruin other people.let it be,leave it to be.have money then buy.dont have money then browse.have money but dont want to buy and talkcock?get lost la

Nic121

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
i do appreciate all forumer comment's but one things i must says...only noobs will buy the so called Proton Satria Neo Lotus R3
well sorry guys :P

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
in the past , we always think proton having the best resell value in the market, but this proof :(

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
japanese name wanna be, i am really sorry i can't afford, but i am just driving a continental, are you smart enough to say you are afford to drive it? proton must love you so much with your wannabe gang. :driver::biggrin:

what continental car you drove bro? :driver:

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
True.. but filthy rich people can have a 100k PROTON in their garage, a pink poodle name Lucy and an elephant.. just in the name of fun..

who are we to judge? :)

Agreed, only cheap ppl who always jealous with other who can buy or afford anything do so many crap talk like not worth n etc.. if cannot afford just duduk diam la. no money no talk bros..

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
lol...don't care what car they drive whether it's a super car or a k-car. Imagine you are in his position and trying to sell your car. And people like you guys wanna complaint when his main purpose is to sell his car. Why don't you complain to Proton and post in newspaper telling other people not to buy Proton coz its too expensive to maintain or too expensive to buy a neo r3 which only produce 140hp? eg: Lexus LFA is also over priced. Why people still buy? Some people like to eat fine dining and some like to eat hawker stalls or mamak. Got money flaunt it no money Shut the F up lo. Just admirer and not complain that car is overpriced. Peace!

fiuz85

Known Member
May 26, 2009
KL-Kuantan
lol...don't care what car they drive whether it's a super car or a k-car. Imagine you are in his position and trying to sell your car. And people like you guys wanna complaint when his main purpose is to sell his car. Why don't you complain to Proton and post in newspaper telling other people not to buy Proton coz its too expensive to maintain or too expensive to buy a neo r3 which only produce 140hp? eg: Lexus LFA is also over priced. Why people still buy? Some people like to eat fine dining and some like to eat hawker stalls or mamak. Got money flaunt it no money Shut the F up lo. Just admirer and not complain that car is overpriced. Peace!
yes bro u are right, lexus lfa is over price and very limited let put the satria neo R3 Lotus Racing at the international market and let see how many billionaire want to buy this car????
:hmmmm: :burnout::burnout:

roulette23

Oct 17, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Let me see. When I first came to know about this car I was like everyone else's opinion of not being actually worth its price tag.

However, after having seen that in person and heard about the rather favourable comments in terms of handling and ride style it was, well, made sense. First and foremost, its pricey because its limited and second, it was Proton's aim to get itself out of a gutter from their previous aged designs and decided to spike the market's response with the R3 Lotus Neo before going for the actual release of the R3 Neo. I would say that Proton has indeed come a long way and by market response of the R3 Neo it is commendable and people who actually own the R3 Neo Lotus will be regarded as the turning point for Proton to improve on their hot hatches.

For that, it will be a classic in 20 years time the same way the world has taken on the Civic EF9 (original versions, of course) as it not only symbolises a 115k price tag with some impressive bits in there but more of a setting point for Proton to take on the hot hatch market and this R3 Neo Lotus was the launch pad for it.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I have actually test driven this car (well not the seller's car) at the R3 facility behind the Proton factory along Kesas highway. At that time, there were only 4 units left unsold although as yet none had been delivered. I saw the cars being built by hand basically black Satria Neo stock standard from Proton being stripped down and rebuilt by the R3 guys. If for example, Proton were to accommodate R3 division and provide bare basic Satrias then maybe it wouldn't take so long but they started off with actual production Satria Neos you buy off the showroom floor. That in itself means costs are higher not to mention the man hours involved.

The car may not be what some may call beautiful. But pictures definitely do not do it justice. The green interior I thought would look absolutely horrible when in fact, it goes with the whole scheme of the car. Anyway, I was initially passenger as we drove out of the factory and one of the R3 guys drove the car while explaining the work that had gone into it, etc. We approached corner and a relatively high speed. In my head, I was thinking that maybe he was going to show the AP Racings stopping power, but he hardly slowed down and just went for it. If you were in any other Proton with uprated suspension or cars in the price bracket, you'd probably have ended up on some divider.

Then we approached a mini chicane, but there dips in the road throughout and the suspension basically made it seem like nothing. Stopped by the side of the road and we swapped seats. The clutch was easy to drive and the car felt well put together. However, the close ratio gearbox was a slight letdown. I'm not used to having to shift into third to go from 0-100 and another thing that really disappointed me was the low redline.

I'm not a professional racer nor am I a mechanic or anything like that. I'm just an enthusiast and have been into modifying cars for just under a decade. During this time, I've only owned one NA car which was a 350Z and that had basic suspension, bodykit, rims, etc. Basically just to go to and from work. All the other cars I've owned are turbo cars but I had friends who were Honda freaks and to me, I've always associated NA cars especially smaller engine ones like B16A, B18C, etc as high revving engines. I know its a stereotype. However, the Satria Neo Lotus edition revs to 7,000rpm. That was a major letdown to me at least. But other than that, there is no other car in that price range, brand new from factory which will handle or brake like the Satria Lotus.

Back at the factory, we were chatting and an Indian man who is from the management side came along and of course went into much greater detail about the costs and time and effort that went into the car. The Ohlins supposedly cost 14k or something like that. The car itself was perfected by Tengku Djan who I dare say knows what he's doing and is definitely a much better driver than 99% of the guys on this forum. Every single panel was unique, especially the front fenders which made the car look aggressive.

As mentioned earlier, there were only 4 cars left unsold at that point in time. Of all the buyers, supposedly only one was a younger individual. The rest all were mostly Datuks and Tan Sris and some had more cars than we have fingers. Even one of our politicians bought one unit. I didn't buy the car because to be honest, I wasn't interested. As mentioned, I've always been into turbo cars and over the years have owned one or two moderately powerful ones but nothing extreme, the most was about 600hp atw. So in terms of power, the Satria Lotus was never for me, its top speed according to the R3 guys was 205km/h they managed once coming back from a roadshow. Officially its 200km/h I believe.

But its fun to drive, handles well and stops instantaneously. The AP Racing brakes are probably excessive and will cost a lot to replace the rotors and pads when the time comes. All in all, if I were a Datuk or a Tan Sri with over 10 cars at home, I'd definitely buy one. Unfortunately, I've neither a title nor a garage of 10 cars.

To the seller, good luck with your sale. I hope you do manage to find a buyer although it will be hard. If possible, why not just keep it? To those who have been so negative and criticizing the seller - I really do no understand why. Sure its expensive for a Proton but relatively RM115k for a car isn't a lot of money. Plus there are only 25 around and the people who bought them have lots to spend.

Not many people have actually driven this car, you need a 10% deposit in order to get behind the wheel. Until the naysayers have actually driven the car, I say keep the negative opinions to yourself and don't ruin the sellers thread.

Best of luck with the sale and sorry for the long post but having had first hand experience behind the wheel, I felt the seller has been treated unfairly.

Peace
:driver:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
[PIMPIN];1063539699 said:
I have actually test driven this car (well not the seller's car) at the R3 facility behind the Proton factory along Kesas highway. At that time, there were only 4 units left unsold although as yet none had been delivered. I saw the cars being built by hand basically black Satria Neo stock standard from Proton being stripped down and rebuilt by the R3 guys. If for example, Proton were to accommodate R3 division and provide bare basic Satrias then maybe it wouldn't take so long but they started off with actual production Satria Neos you buy off the showroom floor. That in itself means costs are higher not to mention the man hours involved.

The car may not be what some may call beautiful. But pictures definitely do not do it justice. The green interior I thought would look absolutely horrible when in fact, it goes with the whole scheme of the car. Anyway, I was initially passenger as we drove out of the factory and one of the R3 guys drove the car while explaining the work that had gone into it, etc. We approached corner and a relatively high speed. In my head, I was thinking that maybe he was going to show the AP Racings stopping power, but he hardly slowed down and just went for it. If you were in any other Proton with uprated suspension or cars in the price bracket, you'd probably have ended up on some divider.

Then we approached a mini chicane, but there dips in the road throughout and the suspension basically made it seem like nothing. Stopped by the side of the road and we swapped seats. The clutch was easy to drive and the car felt well put together. However, the close ratio gearbox was a slight letdown. I'm not used to having to shift into third to go from 0-100 and another thing that really disappointed me was the low redline.

I'm not a professional racer nor am I a mechanic or anything like that. I'm just an enthusiast and have been into modifying cars for just under a decade. During this time, I've only owned one NA car which was a 350Z and that had basic suspension, bodykit, rims, etc. Basically just to go to and from work. All the other cars I've owned are turbo cars but I had friends who were Honda freaks and to me, I've always associated NA cars especially smaller engine ones like B16A, B18C, etc as high revving engines. I know its a stereotype. However, the Satria Neo Lotus edition revs to 7,000rpm. That was a major letdown to me at least. But other than that, there is no other car in that price range, brand new from factory which will handle or brake like the Satria Lotus.

Back at the factory, we were chatting and an Indian man who is from the management side came along and of course went into much greater detail about the costs and time and effort that went into the car. The Ohlins supposedly cost 14k or something like that. The car itself was perfected by Tengku Djan who I dare say knows what he's doing and is definitely a much better driver than 99% of the guys on this forum. Every single panel was unique, especially the front fenders which made the car look aggressive.

As mentioned earlier, there were only 4 cars left unsold at that point in time. Of all the buyers, supposedly only one was a younger individual. The rest all were mostly Datuks and Tan Sris and some had more cars than we have fingers. Even one of our politicians bought one unit. I didn't buy the car because to be honest, I wasn't interested. As mentioned, I've always been into turbo cars and over the years have owned one or two moderately powerful ones but nothing extreme, the most was about 600hp atw. So in terms of power, the Satria Lotus was never for me, its top speed according to the R3 guys was 205km/h they managed once coming back from a roadshow. Officially its 200km/h I believe.

But its fun to drive, handles well and stops instantaneously. The AP Racing brakes are probably excessive and will cost a lot to replace the rotors and pads when the time comes. All in all, if I were a Datuk or a Tan Sri with over 10 cars at home, I'd definitely buy one. Unfortunately, I've neither a title nor a garage of 10 cars.

To the seller, good luck with your sale. I hope you do manage to find a buyer although it will be hard. If possible, why not just keep it? To those who have been so negative and criticizing the seller - I really do no understand why. Sure its expensive for a Proton but relatively RM115k for a car isn't a lot of money. Plus there are only 25 around and the people who bought them have lots to spend.

Not many people have actually driven this car, you need a 10% deposit in order to get behind the wheel. Until the naysayers have actually driven the car, I say keep the negative opinions to yourself and don't ruin the sellers thread.

Best of luck with the sale and sorry for the long post but having had first hand experience behind the wheel, I felt the seller has been treated unfairly.

Peace
:driver:
well said bro. yeah, i would say because the car handling is too good and therefore, driver will feel 140hp like 100hp car. seriously proton should make this at least 180 ponnies only then driver can feel the excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'm looking for new set of absorbers & spring for my 2004 Kia Spectra. I understand that RS-One sells GAB suspension (HA series) for my Spectra.

Also found out that Hotbits has suspension of my car too.

Need advice. Based on your experience, which would you recommend ? Hotbits or GAB?

Thanks in advance....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience