Proton Saga / Iswara

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Mitsu Supertouring

Cipan,

Saw a mitsu supertouring, nicely done, plate number: WBB or WBE, sporting 15" EVO 1 rims, with the merc-lookalike front grille. The one you mentioned kot.

Too bad I didn't bring my digi cam today, haiyaaa...

TheGunner

Mar 4, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
darahhitam said:
Gunner,

There is always an option of 4-speed auto GB for the 4G15 if you wish to stick to auto.

I nearly got one when my sis' 3-speeder was deemed as failing months back. Luckily 'twas not the GB problem, but some other things.

I was quoted for nearly RM1k at that time. Not bad la for a 4-speeder with OD and its own ECU (As what I was told la)
darahhitam, I once posed this question a number of months back in several forums. Nobody seems to have heard of a 4A/T compatible with the 4G15.

Can u fill me in with more details? Thanks

This is actually more out of curiousity. I'm still inclined to convert to manual. :D

damnmachine

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
seremban
Visit site
MitonCT26 said:
SiGh...no time...anyone coming to seremban later? i wanna go ACE ask can kautim my coilovers or not..hehehe...

TIME TO PASANG ALL THE THINGS I BOUGHT...

Muahahhaa...

MuAHaHaHha....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~!!!!

HUAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
i've ask ace tech for servicing the absorber and they quote me RM100+ for one absorber...quite expensive for me...:rolleyes:

jcn9690

1,000 RPM
Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
guy...SIOC hav tt mororow nite..let yum char

time=17sept..10pm onwards

location= USJ9 syed afir

location meet point=shell right after traffic light after THE SUMMIT subang...

[email="Meet%20up%20Point%20:%20Shell%20Subang%28%20the%20one%20after%20right%20after%20summit%29"][/email]

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
about the gearbox thingy, is it THAT cheap? i have a wira 1.3 recon unit in my car, and it cost RM550 plus installation and that's just it. no changing of clutchplate except a relube and reoil the gearbox....

btw, Jcn9690, i recently repainted my bonnet LOL with spraypaints, care to see?

TheGunner

Mar 4, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
k3vi3 said:
about the gearbox thingy, is it THAT cheap? i have a wira 1.3 recon unit in my car, and it cost RM550 plus installation and that's just it. no changing of clutchplate except a relube and reoil the gearbox....

btw, Jcn9690, i recently repainted my bonnet LOL with spraypaints, care to see?
k3vi3, wat was the nature of your gearbox change? i'm planning an auto to manual conversion

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
hmmmmm the original gearbox was dying already, after 333k kms on the clock, esp on gear 3 and 4, it likes to pop out of gear, especially under power (even 5% throttle makes it pop) so my dad got a workshop to either overhaul it, or swap it with a recond unit (on the basis which is cheaper) problem is though this is the first time he had done anything major, so he gave it all to the workshop to do (it was in johor 4 months back, we had since moved) so the mechanic got his paws on a wira 1.3 gearbox (which essentially is about the same i think, except for the final drive ratio) well, anyways, it cost my dad a week, RM550 for a recon and rebuilt gearbox, oil, lube and workmanship. considering that the previous poster had his done for about RM300, im thinking that my dad was somewhat ripped off. and btw, mine was a manual gearbox to start with :P no auto to manual conversions for me haha...but anyways, a colleague of mine in starbucks just had his satria 1.3 converted to manual for about RM2400 including dash, clutch, the works. took the shop about 2 weeks, but they was just plain lazy (shop's in puchong) if you want further details, i can ask him for you..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
TheGunner said:
Anybody had any experience with Iswara 1.5 auto to manual conversion before?

How much for everything inclusive of labour? If it's around RM1k, I'm
thinking of asking my parents to let me convert my Iswara to a manual.
did mine 2.5 years ago
everything needed, plus brand new 1.8 supertouring clutch plate n clutch cover, with used supertouring flywheel rm1000 all in inclusive labour and gearbox oil. send car to workshop, pay rm1000 and u get a manual car after 2 days. no problems surfaced.

chooz

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
klang valley
members.cardomain.com
theorekz said:
hi hi again to all iswaraians n sagarians...

can recommend me any techniques of cooling down the engine better??? more special punya ada??

heh heh
THX :D

1. add another fan
2. take out the front grill
3. change to aluminium radiator ($$$)

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
adu radiator got meh? what model car is as the same as sagas? what i know evo 4 alu rad is around RM500...

jcn9690

1,000 RPM
Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
try this

1. uk spec saga radiator.its twin layer but hard to find..
2. mod vr4 radiator to fit ur saga cesi..hehehe..sure cold enuf
3. mirage radiator ke..
4. put interfooler...hahahaaa....

TheGunner

Mar 4, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
khoyos said:
did mine 2.5 years ago
everything needed, plus brand new 1.8 supertouring clutch plate n clutch cover, with used supertouring flywheel rm1000 all in inclusive labour and gearbox oil. send car to workshop, pay rm1000 and u get a manual car after 2 days. no problems surfaced.
khoyos,

where u did yours ar?

thanks

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
jcn9690,
can i know whats the rough price of all the stuff u mentioned??

chooz,
add another fan in front of the radiator u mean???

last time i saw somewhere else, it says there's another water hose to cool down the engine... got such thing?? anyone hear this before?? this "extra" water hose can pasang 1 ar??

thx
:D

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
honda integra/accord radiator should work fine. no need to cut the radiator bar. me using integra radiator now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifus...

Really need some advice here. Hope sifu-sifu could give some ideas.
I'm driving Civic EK (Auto) SOHC Vtec. Recently found some problems with the auto transmission.

1. Car jerking (like a bit jumping) when shift gear. (especially from 1st to 2nd gear)

2. In braking condition, gear harshly shift to lower gear.

3. In speed btw 20 - 40 km. Gear always shift to 1st gear after braking. Suppose
to remain 2nd gear.

What is the possible effect for all the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience