Proton Preve - 5 star ANCAP rating

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
http://paultan.org/2013/02/26/proton-preve...r-ancap-rating/

Proton preve achieved 5 star Australian New Car Assessment Program.

Granted this is the 1.6 IAFM+ CVT Version.
I believe the CFE CVT Version result should be the same as it will have the same safety features.

Currently the Proton Preve sold in australia is the normal IAFM+ Manual / CVT version.
But they have this on all the models...
- 6 airbags
- ESP + Traction Control

A good news for proton and it would be better if they can make this variant available in Malaysia.

I personally believe even with a RM 2-3k price hike but the consumer have 6 airbags and ESP, it will sell even better.

As it is now, most of the Preve sales has been stolen by the Almera already.
I personally seen more Almera on the road now compare to Preve.

Views ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Drexchan pointed out something interesting about this picture. Why did the windscreen shatter?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Drexchan pointed out something interesting about this picture. Why did the windscreen shatter?
Poor quality? And the variant tested is not available in Malaysia, cause our lives are worthless.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Kia Rio is around Preve price and has 6 air bags. Not sure on the safety rating but I bet it wont be far from this. Which one would you choose?

From the footage it seems like the windscreen cracked when the passenger air bag deployed. It didnt shatter..

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Kia Rio is around Preve price and has 6 air bags. Not sure on the safety rating but I bet it wont be far from this. Which one would you choose?

From the footage it seems like the windscreen cracked when the passenger air bag deployed. It didnt shatter..
Personally, I'll take my chances with the Preve CFE over the Rio.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
me too. But I have seen the Rio in person and I am quite impressed with the overall build quality of the car. Except the Preve is bigger and more spacious.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Laminated screens will only crack and not shatter, unless they fitted tempered glass....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Specs on Preve, I still feel is better than the Rio, just not compare gadgets wise like sunroof and etcs. Preve still worth more than Rio.

Preve from the day I view the car, the door felt heavy and tough, so I was guessing the crash rate should be real good if wanna
compare with protons in early days...

Majority modern cars nowadays the windscreen wont shattered, usually laminated type...

BUT just Du lan with proton that they always produce a better model for other countries and not
the people in Malaysia. Why the double standard? Is just so typical malaysian way.

Example: Like I walk into a LV shop and no one layan me, but when a foreigner walks in, wow...5 - 6 star
rating service and smile to them.

Just the same theory as this, overseas ppl gets better quality proton or more things but we get a lower
base model.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Specs on Preve, I still feel is better than the Rio, just not compare gadgets wise like sunroof and etcs. Preve still worth more than Rio.

Preve from the day I view the car, the door felt heavy and tough, so I was guessing the crash rate should be real good if wanna
compare with protons in early days...

Majority modern cars nowadays the windscreen wont shattered, usually laminated type...

BUT just Du lan with proton that they always produce a better model for other countries and not
the people in Malaysia. Why the double standard? Is just so typical malaysian way.

Example: Like I walk into a LV shop and no one layan me, but when a foreigner walks in, wow...5 - 6 star
rating service and smile to them.

Just the same theory as this, overseas ppl gets better quality proton or more things but we get a lower
base model.
Because overseas got their standard, you don't reach their standard, your car cannot export to there....Here give you lower spec car, can make more money, meaning Malaysian lives are not worth that value....:mad::mad:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
yes, because of regulation...
to qualify to sell in the particular market, u need to meet certain standard like safety kit/emission/etc...

u try selling a car with only 2 airbags there... see how much unit u can move in month?
chances are the sales person is going to whack mosquito the whole day long..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Because overseas got their standard, you don't reach their standard, your car cannot export to there....Here give you lower spec car, can make more money, meaning Malaysian lives are not worth that value....:mad::mad:
So.....

Waiting for Satria Neo NCAP, to me and many viewers did mentioned, so far toughest car from
proton is the Satria Neo. How true is it? Dunno, test 1st. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yes, because of regulation...
to qualify to sell in the particular market, u need to meet certain standard like safety kit/emission/etc...

u try selling a car with only 2 airbags there... see how much unit u can move in month?
chances are the sales person is going to whack mosquito the whole day long..
That is why last time got export model cannot export then they sell locally, people buy up, because better quality.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
preve is now the toughest car from proton...

neo is the best handling...

u terbalik issit?
:biggrin:
That quote is before preve was launched :rofl: my bad.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience